All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Man City have nicked Rodwell from Everton. I didn't see that coming.

Rodwell was continually linked with United, but he's never had a consistently strong season so they would never be willing to stump-up for him. Ferguson will not be happy.

Guest Gary C

Well, there we go. RVP to United.

I hope he gets injured.

Song to Barcelona is looking pretty certain before the end of August too... and there we have the complete dismantling of an Arsenal team within 2 summers, lol.

no more modric i guess.

next season goal tally for modric ≤ 3. can't see him even getting in the side with khedeira and özil bossing the midfield.

also why the fuck would song want to go to barca? jesus christ i hate spanish clubs

Well, there we go. RVP to United.

I hope he gets injured.

WTF??

RVP will give United a false sense of superiority, 3rd place for united please.

--

Fucking united fans acting like smugs already.

Edited by YO303

After his snide announcement in regards to leaving I never wanted to see him in an Arsenal shirt again. A few days back when there was the slight chance that no-one would pay his fee I was unsure whether to cheer or boo if he scored for us this season so at least I won't have to face that dilemma.

To go to our rivals is the greatest insult of all. RVP, I thought you were different man!

article-2064982-0EE6421900000578-213_468x375.jpg

Guest Ron Manager

Can't believe that deal has actually gone through. Surely, surely taking a financial hit and selling him to Juventus would have been so much wiser... but maybe RVP didn't want to go there in the first place.

Guest Gary C

Can't believe that deal has actually gone through. Surely, surely taking a financial hit and selling him to Juventus would have been so much wiser... but maybe RVP didn't want to go there in the first place.

He had agreed personal terms with Juve, but it impacted their initial transfer fee. I think we still would've taken it, but a Juve coach was sacked last week so it may be that something dodgy was going on on their side of things and they withdrew.

I think he’s been poorly advised and used by people whose overriding interest in him is financial and political. People will say he has a short career and he’s entitled to cash in. I’ve got no real issue with that and clearly the extra £70,000 a week on offer is enough for him not to care about the years he spent at Arsenal. Whether he ends up regretting the move itself remains to be seen but I think he’s a bright enough guy that one day he’ll look back and realise the way he made it happen was far from ideal.

On Match of the Day, just after we’d beaten West Brom 3-2 to secure Champions League football, van Persie was asked about his future. He spouted the usual platitudes and then said, “Whatever happens I’ll always be a Gunner.”

Sorry Robin, you’re not a Gunner. You don’t do what you did and sign for Man United and remain one of us. The Gunners are the guys who will play for us this season, and that’s where our focus has got to be. I won’t wish you well, I won’t say thanks for everything, you’re just a guy who played for us, scored some great goals, and then chucked it all back in our faces.

As usual, arseblog says it for me.

but a Juve coach was sacked last week so it may be that something dodgy was going on on their side of things and they withdrew.

Conte wasn't sacked (he won everything last year, not a single loss in a league), he was banned from coaching for 10 months by Italian court decision because of match fixing scandal. The prosecution is very dubious and references to his days at Siena. He is still coaching team but not from the bench.

Song to Barcelona is looking pretty certain before the end of August too... and there we have the complete dismantling of an Arsenal team within 2 summers, lol.

Wenger better bring in M'Vila then.

Guest Gary C

I thought Arsene had cooled on M'Vila after it came out that he was one of the rotten players from the latest French farce. The last thing we need is another Nasri.

If we could harness Frimpong, I think we'd have a competent midfield-battler in a few years. Maybe promotion is the plan with this position, since Arsenal are interested in loaning Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid.

Coquelin could do it too, but he's a bit on the short side. Maybe player Arteta and Ramsey deeper, like a Pirlo role? With Wilshere and Chamberlain ahead of him.

He had agreed personal terms with Juve, but it impacted their initial transfer fee. I think we still would've taken it, but a Juve coach was sacked last week so it may be that something dodgy was going on on their side of things and they withdrew.

I think he’s been poorly advised and used by people whose overriding interest in him is financial and political. People will say he has a short career and he’s entitled to cash in. I’ve got no real issue with that and clearly the extra £70,000 a week on offer is enough for him not to care about the years he spent at Arsenal. Whether he ends up regretting the move itself remains to be seen but I think he’s a bright enough guy that one day he’ll look back and realise the way he made it happen was far from ideal.

On Match of the Day, just after we’d beaten West Brom 3-2 to secure Champions League football, van Persie was asked about his future. He spouted the usual platitudes and then said, “Whatever happens I’ll always be a Gunner.”

Sorry Robin, you’re not a Gunner. You don’t do what you did and sign for Man United and remain one of us. The Gunners are the guys who will play for us this season, and that’s where our focus has got to be. I won’t wish you well, I won’t say thanks for everything, you’re just a guy who played for us, scored some great goals, and then chucked it all back in our faces.

As usual, arseblog says it for me.

Perhaps the 7 years without a trophy also swung it. It isn't just about the money, he wants to win some stuff too and even the most staunch Arsenal fan/RVP hater will admit that he'll have a better chance of winning stuff with United.

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Guest Gary C

article-2064982-0EE6421900000578-213_468x375.jpg

Committing to the club you support, and allowing them the merits of your best football after having paid him through 8 years of injuries. Or slagging off the club in a public statement and going to their direct rivals.

It's nice to say 'we made him', but it's really true. If we'd have let him run out his contract whilst he was still going through injuries he'd be playing for Shaktar, like Eduardo.

He's not a bad guy. *cough*rapist*cough* But he's handled his exit badly. He (and his agents) pushed for a move because he had a stunning season and figured that everyone would be fighting over him. Real Madrid weren't interested. Barcelona would rather have Song! PSG were Wenger's preferred destination for him, but even they weren't interested. Man City would have signed him if they were allowing themselves to spend this summer, and believe me, he would be there if they were willing to spend. And who wants to play for Juve? Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.

He made his situation completely untenable by criticising the club structure and even the quality of his team-mates. Great captain. Well, fuck you, Robin. Whilst you were prostituting yourself around Manchester we signed Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla. What does that say about our 'selling-club' structure and quality in reserves?

Wenger has recognised that there are too many weak links and in fitting with what was the plan all along, he's drafting out the kids that helped us save money for a few years and bringing back the international quality. We've bought and paid for a state-of-the-art stadium whilst still maintaining Champions League football. Without a big money-bags owner.

I'd love trophies, it's what football's about in the end. But damn, I'm satisfied in knowing that we've fought through our darkest days, whilst still dining at European football's top-table (fuck you, Spurs) and even managed to turn a profit at the end too.

See you later, Robin. You weren't anywhere near a legendary status. You had one good season and turned your back on all our goodwill (from the club and the fans). Enjoy your trophies, but you'll never garner the same admiration and respect amongst United, not after having moved from a rival. Look at Sol Campbell, he was the best defender in the world whilst at Arsenal, but we try not to talk about him. Tevez and Hargreaves have moved from direct rivals and now they're bad punchlines about greedy and crocked footballers. Torres sank into a depression after making the biggest move of his career between direct rivals.

Fuck you, Robin. I hope Frimpong kicks the shit out of your horse-placenta ankles.

Guest Ron Manager

Oh my... Southampton are on the verge of signing Gaston Ramirez for £12m.

Exciting, crazy news. The Saints will easily get into the top-half of the table with him.

Really? I can't see it. A great signing, but the rest of that squad doesn't look promising at all IMO. I think they'll survive, but not by much.

Alex "Frylock" Song has officially moved to Barca.

I think if Arsenal get £10-15m for him, then it's not bad business at all. Decent player but he's hardly been a stalwart in midfield...