IGNORED

New trend: find sealed cans of really old soda on ebay

o00o

14.jpg

8.jpg

After some roof-raising successes beginning after the drink's debut in the late '90s, Coca-Cola ultimately discontinued Surge. But, since it was already a widespread and totally national release, Surge lovers had ample time to stock their garages with as many cases as they could find, and even today, it's not impossible to find 12-packs on eBay. Here's the kicker: People generally aren't bidding on 'em for "collectible" purposes. No, they want to drink it!

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/sodas/

Guest bitroast

lol at the name pepsi fire. i want to drink it, but it doesn't at all sound refreshing. pepsi FIRE.

LOL Raging Razzberry Pepsi. grrrr! :@

Guest disparaissant

oh god, i remember surge and orbitz especially. orbitz was disgusting. really, really, disgusting. ironically, one of my favorite things right now is this vietnamese drink called xung xao mat ong (with some accents in there i dunno how to do) or grass jelly drink which is pretty much just like orbitz but... healthy? i dunno. its delicious.

as for surge. oh man. when they introduced surge my school went on a field trip to a baseball game. i hate baseball. i hated surge. they were handing it out for free. by the case. all the boys in class decided to have a surge fight and ruined my awesome new bad religion shirt. awful day. never liked that shit.

there used to be an energy drink in australia called lift plus, it's been discontinued now but it was probably the best energy drink i've ever tasted because it didn't have that fucking disgusting musky taste or whatever that is present in red bull and countless other drinks. i'd pay good money for a case of lift plus.

i'm sure lift plus is still here? i don't think i've ever had it though

yeah i looked it up on wikipedia just now. any chance you could find out how much it'd cost to send 12 bottles to me? haha. i'll repay you with money and rooftop access merchandise.

oh god, i remember surge and orbitz especially. orbitz was disgusting. really, really, disgusting. ironically, one of my favorite things right now is this vietnamese drink called xung xao mat ong (with some accents in there i dunno how to do) or grass jelly drink which is pretty much just like orbitz but... healthy? i dunno. its delicious.

ahh, grass jelly drink. have you tried the other varieties of asian canned liquids? bird's nest? or the elusive bird's nest white fungus?

i haven't.

My sis and I tried keeping some of those Phantom Menace Star Wars Pepsi cans that were released when the (no adjective necessary here) film came out and a few years later they all leaked all over the place.. something corrosive in that Pepsi I guess.

Guest Drahken

Growing up my Dad had an old Coke machine in the basement, one of the ones designed for glass bottles. The coin mechanism was jammed for as long as I can remember, but one night I convinced my babysitter to help me get the thing open and take the bottles out and loot the change. This was my first lesson in lock picking, at a mere 5 years old!

I still have a couple of those bottles of soda still sealed. We opened one several years ago for a laugh, it smelled and tasted like sawdust. It still had some weak carbonation though! My guess is the bottles I still have are probably over 40 years old now.

as for surge. oh man. when they introduced surge my school went on a field trip to a baseball game. i hate baseball. i hated surge. they were handing it out for free. by the case. all the boys in class decided to have a surge fight and ruined my awesome new bad religion shirt. awful day. never liked that shit.

Sucks for your shirt, but that shit was delicious... also fruitopia, they should bring those back that stuff was quality

I want Final Fantasy potion energy drinks from 2006

God that shit was nasty - I tried a bottle - like mouthwash!

I like the way Coke from Mexico tastes over the US variety.

pretty sure you can still get vanilla coke in the states too. that stuff is delicious.

yep you can, it's all over here... goes great with a little whiskey

I want Final Fantasy potion energy drinks from 2006

God that shit was nasty - I tried a bottle - like mouthwash!

I like the way Coke from Mexico tastes over the US variety.

pretty much all coke in other countries uses cane syrup over corn. so yes, it's better.

i bought a rare coke blak off the internet a couple years ago when it was discontinued. soooo delicious.

Archived