IGNORED

HALP!!!

sneaksta303

I got roped into DJing at my 10 year reunion. I was just going to play a bunch of 90's,early 2000's hits that were relevant in our day as a playlist, and then for the last hour or so when they're drunk, do a proper set. The thing is, I'm having a very hard time thinking of the music that was popular back then, as I wasn't really into too much of it. It's on the 21st, but I only have about a week to prepare because I'm leaving town for it and wont have my computer to d/l stuffs. Can some of y'all give me suggestions? I need to fill about 3 hours.......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't know but I can think of a few things that come to mind for that time period

Blue Boy - Remember Me

Donell Jones & Lefteye Lopez - U Know Whats Up

DMX - Party Up

ODB - Got Your Money

Wu Tang - Gravel Pit

Janet Jackson & Q Tip - Got Til Its Gone

Fatboy Slim - Right Here Right Now

Basement Jazz - Red Alert

Pete Heller - Big Love

Daft Punk - One More Time

Madonna - Frozen

Guest Coalbucket PI

Jordan Knight - Give It To You

Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle

The Wiseguys - Ooh La La

Usher - You Make Me Wanna

112 - Peaches & Cream

this nostalgia kick could go on indefinetly so I'll leave it there

Guest Coalbucket PI

Dr. Dre - Still DRE

Xzibit - X

Jay-Z - Big Pimpin

Madonna - Music

R Kelly - Fiesta Remix

Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You

I can't stop, I miss the millenium

PS Will Smith - Will 2K

you got ot backwards - it's when they're drunk that they're gonna yell for the old shit

tbh, i really don't even like most of these cunts, and my set is gunna troll em a bit, but you have a good point. Tough titties for them. I'll be varied I suppose. Good suggestions so far though. Keep em coming. I'm doing this for free admission and alcohol so they better be grateful.

Guest analogue wings

Kelis - Caught Out There

Killah Priest - One Step

Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution

De La Soul ft Redman - Oooh

Destiny's Child - Say My Name

Bomfunk MCs - Freestyler

DJ Pied Piper and the Masters of Ceremonies - Do You Really Like It

Craig David - Re Rewind

Mark Morrison - Return of the Mac

Ini Kamoze - Here Come Di Hot Steppa

Are these reunions normal in the States? I left school about 23 years ago and have never heard of any kind of reunion being organised (and I don't just think everybody else at school thought I was a cunt and didn't invite me). I certainly wouldn't go to one if it was, even with the lure of free booze. impakt has it down.

On the other hand, for a DJ set the music of the day would be a lot better.

Are these reunions normal in the States? I left school about 23 years ago and have never heard of any kind of reunion being organised (and I don't just think everybody else at school thought I was a cunt and didn't invite me). I certainly wouldn't go to one if it was, even with the lure of free booze. impakt has it down.

On the other hand, for a DJ set the music of the day would be a lot better.

well, my class had one here in 2004. i didn't go because i mostly went to school with a shower of thick cunts.

haha good ones. I have some sort of mental block when trying to think about this. It's like when I go into a record or book store and have no idea what to get.

Im not going to proper "DJ" the pop stuff, as I'm going to want to mingle a bit I suppose. Imma just put that shit on a playlist with a few second transition or some shit. The last hour I will do a beatmatched dance mix for people to shake their booty too. Near the end of the "real" set, im going to try and clear the floor with some of the crazy stuff like V Snares just for a laugh.

Good call with those early "Now" albums. I never would have thought of that. I know I'm not going to be able to please everyone, but I'm going to do as good as I can. Also, this isn't really about me anyway. I'm just the entertainment, although some people are going now because of me playing that wouldn't have gone otherwise, so thats cool. I guess....

Here's a tip: Normal people don't care about music. If you put a lot of effort into this, you're probably gonna get pissed at how little people actually care. Also, they will probably a) ask you to play some random shit they prefer over your choice or b) hijack the PA and put that shit on themselves. So just put on a mix-cd or spotify and walk away.

Here's a tip: Normal people don't care about music. If you put a lot of effort into this, you're probably gonna get pissed at how little people actually care. Also, they will probably a) ask you to play some random shit they prefer over your choice or b) hijack the PA and put that shit on themselves. So just put on a mix-cd or spotify and walk away.

Yeah.... Sad but very true.

Yeah.... Sad but very true.

Very, very true. I've played at a couple of parties at my university and each and everytime I regret doing it, because 10-15 minutes into every one of my sets some idiot walks up and asks, 'Play something else. Something you can dance to.' or another classic is 'Do you have anything by *insert name here*' and that name is usually Beyoncé or something equally hideous.

So make sure to play something that won't kill the audience and your self respect. I know it's not from around 1999-2000 but you should play this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRZq3J0uz4

Archived