IGNORED

Justin Bieber 800% Slower

Guest Richy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://soundcloud.com/cutenonsequitur/sigur-ros-olsen-times-eight

proper timestretch speed up of sigur ros. sounds a bit like really verby, spaced out doo wop.

it's only 4x, 8x just sound shit.

I've always liked using my creative player for mp3s etc, because it allows me to speed up tracks whilst retaining the pitch. Mostly for disco and funk tracks, so many things amble along at the speed of slow for my tastes. So this feature is a must. It's just a shame my portable mp3 player doesn't have that feature.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Sounds like Sigur Ros on a good great day.

fixt

wow that is seriously some really nice ambient, that's unbelievable.

I'm looking into this paulstretch software now, it must be a much different time stretch formula than like for instance cubase's native time stretch mopex or whatever algorithm pretty sure it would sound different processed with that maybe not. Ive done a lot time stretching but with again with cubase if I slow anything down more than 300% it sounds really warbly and unsmooth so I dont get how this sounds so perfect even if it has a bunch of post reverb or something.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

WOW, yeh Paulstretch is specifically designed for this kind of extreme time stretching holy shit

I just stretched out one of the chillest tracks Ive ever made it sounds nearly just ambient perfect as that bieb stretch.....

woooow this shit makes almost anything sound like amazing fucking ambient heaven

i tried out paulstretch last night but for some reason everything i stretched also got really really reverbed. didn't look much further into it though, it kept crashing because my computer is shite.

now stretching: 'ticket to ride' to 30 mins, at the request of chen in the other thread. i can't wait :emotawesomepm9:

i accidentally stretched it to an hour. holy shit you gotta hear this :w00t:

goddammit paulstretch has gone mainstream

24 hours of Beethoven is about 4 years old now isn't it?

It's a few years older than that I think, IIRC it was pre-paulstretch and they created their own time stretching algorithm (PaulStretch has a really distinctive sound with its granular manipulation but 24 hours of Beethoven had sections where the next granule of sound suddly jumped in making the thing a whole lot more jarring than I guess they intended).

But yeah, it's weird that something I've been frequently using for about 4 years (almost to the day according to Windows Explorer) has only just suddenly hit the media/mainstream.

Archived