IGNORED

Recommend me some of the scariest movies you've seen

chassis

I like the others and the changeling, as well as a bunch of the stuff mentioned already. I usually don't find gory movies scary, but a l'interieur/inside is tense.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threads is on my top three biggest scares list,alongside Wolf Creek and the opening ten minutes of the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Im too scared to watch Martyrs and The Girl Next Door.

Im too scared to watch Martyrs

Why scared?

Because I watched the trailer on you tube.I think that was enough for me...

Why scared?

I thought I was prepared for Martyrs after watching Inside, but Inside is just an hour and a half of two girls slicing each other up whereas Martyrs is a lot more torture heavy. Needless to say, Martyrs was a lot more disgusting.

But why are we even talking about these movies in a "scary movies" thread? Those two movies are violent and disgusting, no doubt about that, but they're not in any way scary.

Guest abusivegeorge

I have never seen the original Cape Fear, and I don't know if anyone can back me up, but after having watched the Robert De Niro remake, everyone has told me to watch the original because it's scary as shit.

i forgot to mention the 70s horror movie 'The Sentinel' it has some flaws, not as all-around good as Rosemary's baby or the Exorcist, but for my money there are some of the scariest horror movie moments ever in this film. (fun fact: this is the movie cory feldman mentions in the Burbs)

Signs is pretty greatly freaky. Some cheese but overall I really enjoy it.

The Ring really freaked me out. I watched it at my house when it was released and our TV started to get all static-y after watching it. It made the experience even scarier for me.

I liked Paranormal Activity. The attic part is unsettling as fuck.

The ending where she attacks the camera is bleeleleleleh. I am afraid to watch the other endings though. Haha!

Also, Drag Me To Hell is hilariously ridiculous. I love it. Some legit scares but it isn't scary.

Drag Me To Hell was awesome imo.

The Gate, while a child's film is creepy for the first half, worth checking out if you don't mind 80s horror.

Paranormal Activity was shit.

Tribulation 99 is scary, but in a weird trippy kind of way, you need to be under the influence I guess.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Why scared?

i had to go watch a couple episodes of the cosby show after i got done with it. it helped

The Toxic Avenger

the toxic avenger part 4 is my favourite movie ever man, it's not scary but AWESOME

Seriously!!!! Toxie 4 is on my top 5 of all time. SOOOOOOOOO classic. Not scary though.

The Toxic Avenger

the toxic avenger part 4 is my favourite movie ever man, it's not scary but AWESOME

Seriously!!!! Toxie 4 is on my top 5 of all time. SOOOOOOOOO classic. Not scary though.

the one part where

the alternate reality sgt. kabukiman with toxie in the front seat runs over the old lady trying to cross the road and then she ends up shitting herself to death

was one of the funniest scenes in a movie i have ever seen, i was laughing for like 45 minutes

the one part where

the alternate reality sgt. kabukiman with toxie in the front seat runs over the old lady trying to cross the road and then she ends up shitting herself to death

was one of the funniest scenes in a movie i have ever seen, i was laughing for like 45 minutes

oh god me too. that may be my favorite part. Gets me every time. I've met Lloyd Kauffman before actually at a rough cut screening for Poultrygeist, and he's super nice.

The Haunted. A TV movie that was released in 1991.

I've seen it now. I think it's not an extraordinary film, and it's ripping off Poltergeist and Ghostbusters a little, given the time it was released, but there are a couple of 'accidental hits' in it that were actually pretty damn scary. JANET ... !

The weirdest thing about this movie though is that I was going to watch it the other night, but fell asleep with the first frame (a black screen) on pause. I had a pretty creepy dream that night about ghosts and wrote it down in the morning to remember it, only then to find, when I finally watched the film, that pretty much the exact same thing I dreamed about was in the film

- the dark smoke entity, it looked just like it. kinda disturbing. And I had it in my house!

It's watchable and doesn't get boring, it's a strange little thing and half the fear comes from not knowing what the movie would be able to throw at you as it's from the 90's but looks like it's from the 70's, so you don't know what you're in for. You need to get past some poor acting and the sometimes ridiculous elements though.

Apart from the really good handful mentioned above

here are some good scares

Paranormal Activity

Hellraiser 1,2 & 5

Session 9

The Zombie Diaries

Bad Boy Bubby

The Tenant

Alien

i forgot to mention the 70s horror movie 'The Sentinel' it has some flaws, not as all-around good as Rosemary's baby or the Exorcist, but for my money there are some of the scariest horror movie moments ever in this film. (fun fact: this is the movie cory feldman mentions in the Burbs)

Tom-Hanks.jpg

Tom-Hanks.jpg

Why does Tom Hanks still look like a big idiotic baby?!

What did you find scary about Paranormal Activity? I also recommended it (in this thread), but opinions about it seem to differ quite a bit. I think it's got some scary scenes, but it didn't scare me like Session 9 did.

I found the idea about there being something moving around when you're at sleep at night delightfully creepy, and the way it got angrier and more prominent along the way was great. The couple really got nice and scared, and so did I.

Haters are probably people who deem it "too much like Blair Witch" Or it's too obvious, or not arty and well filmed enough. The bottom line is, is has lots of genuinely creepy/suspenseful scenes, and thus it works really well as a scary film.

Yeah I agree. Also, like I said earlier (I think), it is a horror movie after all but the things it does are done somewhat tastefully. The way it deals with the subject, most of it is pretty believable. I have witnessed some strange unexplainable goings-on in real life, and the subtler stuff like the photo appearing in the attic, the knocks and so on, were familiar things for me when I saw the film. These I found creepiest. I wasn't that big a fan of the whole sleepwalk-possession-thing, but my friend got really terrified when he saw it and hid behind a pillow or something, so I guess different things work for different people. That I wasn't all that scared when I first saw the film may be due to the fact that I am a sucker for hand-held camera films, and for some reason they fascinate me and make me feel 'cosy' if that makes any sense. But that doesn't mean I like all of them. It's just as hard to shoot a working film that way. See Zombie Diaries, the idea is allright but it all falls apart due to bad acting and randomly acting filmers, and dull writing. Not to mention the unbelievable zombies with stupid make-up. Heather in BWP had an explanation for filming. The guys mostly couldn't be bothered with the cameras once they were lost, but she kept hiding behind the lens, trying to stay in control cause she fucked up the rest. The dude in PA wants to capture the phenomena, but he doesn't always grab the cam, like when they're in serious danger. Yet Zombie Diaries ... would you film your girlfriend getting eaten alive? :unsure:

Archived