IGNORED

Saw Jamie Lidell Last Night

MadnessR

There were only about 200 people or so there but that didn't seem to matter. They played one hell of a show. I was right up front. The guy is amazing live. His band was tight as hell and his solo stuff was outta this world. This was his second appearance there and I hope he comes back for a third. What a show!

Guest Greg Reason

That would be fantastic. I really wanted to see him last time he came to Australia but of course he skipped Brisbane. Unlike for Autechre tho, I wasn't gonna travel down to Sydney or Melbourne to catch that. Still I'd definitely go if he played up here. No reason why he couldn't - the Zoo would be perfect for his level - but the touring company that brings out Warp artists are a buncha FUCKING ASSHOLES.

That's right Civil Society I'm talking about you, you asshats.

saw him at Sonar05 playing to around 8000, he was superb

plenty of beatboxing and looping alongside his crooning

Yeah that was the era of him I wanted to see live. When I saw him it was just before the Jim album and apart from a twenty minute medley of his 'Multiply and before era' mix I found it all a little underwhelming.

saw him at Sonar05 playing to around 8000, he was superb

plenty of beatboxing and looping alongside his crooning

Yeah that was the era of him I wanted to see live. When I saw him it was just before the Jim album and apart from a twenty minute medley of his 'Multiply and before era' mix I found it all a little underwhelming.

the missus prefers the recent material, i like Multiply and before

two tracks of his (Another Day and Little Bit Of Feel Good) are on rotation at work, quite weird hearing Lidell whilst in a restaurant

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the man tomorrow in Vancouver. My 2nd gig in Canada... hoping he gets into the Super_Collider side of things, dunno if he ever does that though.

Anyone coming?

I was there! Too bad I didn't see your post earlier, would have been cool to meet a fellow watmmer in the flesh.

Fucking incredible show... Jamie's a true showman. He jumped off the stage and engaged me in a handshake for half a verse of Multiply! That and I got to drink shots of Tequila with the opening band before the show. It was a good night. A Little Bit More was the definite performance highlight for me. If he came back to Van next month I would gladly make the trip all over again.

Seeing the man tomorrow in Vancouver. My 2nd gig in Canada... hoping he gets into the Super_Collider side of things, dunno if he ever does that though.

Anyone coming?

I was there! Too bad I didn't see your post earlier, would have been cool to meet a fellow watmmer in the flesh.

Fucking incredible show... Jamie's a true showman. He jumped off the stage and engaged me in a handshake for half a verse of Multiply! That and I got to drink shots of Tequila with the opening band before the show. It was a good night. A Little Bit More was the definite performance highlight for me. If he came back to Van next month I would gladly make the trip all over again.

Oh nice, yeah, was an awesome show. The man has such energy, and his band is fuckin TIGHT! Btw I was the guy taking all the photos to the right of stage. A Little Bit More was excellent- wait, it was all great, such a happy vibe that I never really get with the more obscure gigs I tend to go to. PM me if you want pics (really pleased with how they turned out)

I just saw him in Minneapolis recently and I gotta agree his show is fucking great. The man's got such stage presence and some of his new shit live (She Needs Me, Completely Exposed, I Wanna Be Your Telephone) is amazing. Danced my ass off the whole time haha

Archived