IGNORED

John Frusciante forms a band with Venetian Snares

o00o

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thomasplanetmu

I should mention the tracks are 6mins ish and 10 mins long so the clips only really give a brief idea of the sound.

I did listen to this a couple of times now and its pretty hard to say where the John Frusciante influence comes into play. sounds pretty much like old snares

I did listen to this a couple of times now and its pretty hard to say where the John Frusciante influence comes into play. sounds pretty much like old snares

+ 1

Guest Scrambled Ears

Speed Dealer Moms is John Frusciante, Aaron Funk and Chris McDonald with many cats

idm? its interesting...but ya i would like to hear some guitar tbh

Enjoyed what I heard of March_Four... seems like a meandering improv jam... so I'm hardly expecting any full rounded songs. Could be interesting live :)

Frusciante pairs up with Snares, and Flea pairs up with Thom Yorke......... Chad Smith and Biosphere???? Anthony Keidis and Ae??? :cisfor:

+ 1

++1

frusciante making some of the 'trippy' sounds, and snares groove and musical logic holding it all together, he's probably being very generous putting frusciante's name first. Whatever though, they're having fun.

I won't buy it though cause i got burned in the 90's buying niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt (god damn that unusually nightmare terrible). So promised myself that i would never buy anything frusciante did again. Shame cause snares has built some nice beats through this, but there you go, i'm a stubborn old coot.

John's a great guitar player, but he has been playing around with musical instruments of all kinds since the early days in RHCP, and in the last 15 years or so (maybe more even?) he's been branching out and tinkering more and more with samplers and other electronic stuff. I'm a big fan of Frusciante (his solo work in particular) and I can definitely hear his influence in this music. I really want to hear more.

I won't buy it though cause i got burned in the 90's buying niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt (god damn that unusually nightmare terrible). So promised myself that i would never buy anything frusciante did again.

Really? Niandra etc. is one of my favourite albums. Some of the music on it is so beautiful, but at the same time so raw. I could talk about that album for hours. I love it.

Horses for for Courses.

Archived