IGNORED

Deleting songs from albums that you don't like

Guest wake

I don't understand you people , I am suppose to just sit there and torture myself with tracks I don't like?

I,m not masotistic .

this is one reason for using itunes. you can play a bunch of one artist and than randomly click on another,,, one that i probably wouldn't have picked if it wasn't for itunes.

i guess i'm suspect for skipping around mp3's sometimes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

i have noticed if i don't like a track, that doesn't really change with time.

yeah but there is "not liking" and "not getting into" sometimes its hard to tell

i keep a very open mind no matter what. i don't think there is a whole lot that i'm not gonna 'get' (at least audio-wise). it either sounds good or it doesn't, it's just all about sound for me. but for others i'm pretty sure there is more to it than that. like being passionate about the importance of the track from a technical standpoint,or the lyrics, meaning, etc.

i'm really agreeing with boxing day at this point.

jesus this thread/boxing day needs to fucking die.

if you like an artist, it's your own fucking fault that you don't understand their artistic vision of a certain release. Once you can move beyond, "well I just don't like this track," then you'll realize it's retarded to delete the songs. It's an insult to the artist. How dare you call yourself an Orb or Kraftwerk fan.

Boxing Day has missed the point, but so have you.

what was the point that I missed? Is the artists idea for the order of their music not important?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

hahaha I have thought about doing this a few times to records that I otherwise love but never actually had the balls to do it

You don't eat food you don't like do you?

I hate stoping whatever I'm doing to press the skip bottom , I like to enjoy things as oppose to not enjoying .

I did not like beer and coffee as I was a child. Now I like it very much.

Most of the time the tracks I like on first listen do bore me after a while. As I do know this I keep all tracks. Thats how I got into autechre. You don't like autechre much do you? Now you know why :wink:

standard, i want my mp3 player full of tracks i love, if i remember correctly, years ago i read a interview with autechre and they or one of them said there mp3 collection just consists of tracks they like and not just full albums. however, i only delete tracks after listening to a album a lot and pin pointing which songs i dont like. i want immediate gratification when im listening to music on the go, most the time.

mercedes_polar_bear_edinburgh_zoo.jpg

that is precisely how i feel when listening to music on the train (quite possibly the worst place to listen to music as london underground is so loud you have to crank it up to hear it and 10 years of this has taken effect on my ears, i should get some good headphones)

Guest Calx Sherbet

i keep a very open mind no matter what.

it either sounds good or it doesn't

i can't tell if you're agreeing or pointing out a juxtoposition, lol. reading it, it seems weird.

by putting all stuff on my ipod magic things happen when I listen to all tracks on shuffle. Its like some weird awesome radiostadion

when you have thousands of songs, this can be REALLY fun

by putting all stuff on my ipod magic things happen when I listen to all tracks on shuffle. Its like some weird awesome radiostadion

when you have thousands of songs, this can be REALLY fun

Yeah I shuffle quite a bit at home on weekends. Usually because I don't know what I want to hear, or don't know how long I'll be sitting around before leaving. Or I want inspiration for what albums to load on my iPod.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even bring myself to delete Aerosmith - Big Ones.

Though I don't think I will EVER listen to any of it.

Someone might want to hear that and I want to be able to play it.

I have far worse in my collection.

Archived