IGNORED

Do you love yourself?

Tessier Ashpool

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are many things about me that i dislike or think need improvement.

there are other things about me that i like a lot.

edit: reducing this question to [Y/N]? is fuckin stupid.

Guest dese manz hatin

yes. love for all beings, and sentience in general begins with self-love, not love yourself over others, love yourself as a reflection of the other.

It's hard for me to answer since I felt dissociation for years and was really maladjusted for a while. I'm still trying to find my sense of self. I think, given the circumstances, I'm doing the best I can and sometime in the near future I'll be getting along with myself and other people just fine.

Guest ruiagnelo

seriously

to those replying no, are you really working on a change?

how exactly does one do this?

change habits, routines, perceptions, viewpoints.. i don't know exactly.

never had the need to change.

well for example i would say that it has fuck all to do with having an inflated ego or anything like that.. more about self-realization, respecting yourself (in a society that is quick to make one feel like shit for any number of stupid reasons) and taking care of yourself, cuz ultimately nobody else will. not beating yourself up when you screw up from time to time. something like that.

i'm certainly far from perfect, i've lived on SNRI's sometimes, and i still have my bad days. lots of them, actually. given the choice though, i'd much rather be happy, and i do actually like being myself.

well for example i would say that it has fuck all to do with having an inflated ego or anything like that.. more about self-realization, respecting yourself (in a society that is quick to make one feel like shit for any number of stupid reasons) and taking care of yourself, cuz ultimately nobody else will. not beating yourself up when you screw up from time to time. something like that.

ahh i'm fucked then

Guest Calx Sherbet

i'm programmed to

seriously

to those replying no, are you really working on a change?

change habits, routines, perceptions, viewpoints.. i don't know exactly.

never had the need to change.

yea, just SHOW OFF why dontcha?

you're too hard on yourself osc. a prolonged dose of 'you are you' combined with a daily dose of 'haters gonna hate' should help.

that's the problem though - too much of a dose of 'i am me' has left me with the conclusion that i am, in fact, shit. as was always told to me beforehand.

yay!

in other news, music shall be coming henceforth from my cavities soon.

i used to really hate myself as a kid but then i realized that 1) hating yourself is irrational (think about it) and 2) most other people are significantly more full of shit that you are. so i guess i went from hating myself to hating other people. it works~

you're too hard on yourself osc. a prolonged dose of 'you are you' combined with a daily dose of 'haters gonna hate' should help.

that's the problem though - too much of a dose of 'i am me' has left me with the conclusion that i am, in fact, shit. as was always told to me beforehand.

yay!

in other news, music shall be coming henceforth from my cavities soon.

if you're shit, then what are mississippi republicans? i think it's time you upgrade your self-worth, because you are most definitely not shit.

yes. love for all beings, and sentience in general begins with self-love, not love yourself over others, love yourself as a reflection of the other.

that's what happens when you don't think.

*Zen*

yeah but 187 on a motherfucking cop right?

ps, you can't learn to love yourself by hating others. Being a stewing cesspit of hate for others and thinking youre awesome because of it is exactly the kind of ignorance loving yourself unconditionally breeds

Archived