IGNORED

flying lotus-shit is so over hyped

Guest yikes

mary amnne hobbes-"he's the jimi hendrix of the sampler"

STFU you worthless unemployed twat

i don't get it

i tried and the amount of hype surrounding dude's beats is just dis -pro portion shit

i think pre fuse is light years ahead of him

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

yeah i never really liked any of his stuff aside from parisian goldfish w/ the dale video that he didn't do himself.

'cos of that track, i got the album it was on. did not like it. camel was obnoxious trashing of a perfectly good amon tobin song... a lot of it felt way too sloppy on the timing. pot calling the kettle black here, but maybe he should lay off the blunts.

hes good but hes not amazing.

the jimi hendrix of the sampler thing is probably cause hes black.

also i used to love him but now whenever his music comes on shuffle i skip it immediately, too fucking loud.. its like he mixes all his tracks to be 50% louder than anything else... really annoying.

I like him but I find his music to be tightly linked with smoking weed.

& I don't mean that in the way that you'd reply to my post with "WHY WOULD YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC THAT YOU HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS TO ENJOY?????? YOU OBVIOUSLY JUST HAVE SHIT TASTE" etc etc etc

Like it's music that reaches greater heights than anything else on weed, seemingly because it was designed to do so (or maybe just made whilst high).

As a newly sober person though, FL doesn't do a whole lot anymore.

Well... It took me some time to get into him.

But now, he's one of my favorite artits, that's actually releasing music these days.

Parisian Goldfish

RobertaFlack

Beginners Falafel

Golden Diva

Comet Course

I don't see how Los Angeles can even be considered bad. :wink:

Guest hahathhat

Los Angeles is a fantastic record. I find Cosmogramma too much baroque for my tastes.

while your english might sucks balls, your avatar trips them. who drew that?

Guest cult fiction

If you were to strip all of the vinyl crackles and atmospheric noise from his tunes, they would be awful... I think he's decent at assembling soundscapes but he doesn't have a hundredth the compositional ability of his progenitor Prefuse.

Guest David R James

wicked another marmite thread. I like him sometimes other times i don't. Seems like a very humble chap at the gigs i've seen him at.

He's still relatively new and what he's made so far has been anywhere from quite good to fuckin' rad.

He's not a slave to "IDM". His music's got flavor. I think he'll do something even better than Cosmogramma in the future.

Archived