IGNORED

DnB with the snare on the and of three

wahrk

I've been wondering, is there's a term for drum and bass with the second snare happening on the and of 3?

Illustration:

Beat |1&2&3&4&|

Snare|--x--x--|

Brace for Shitty Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9JT1WOGjk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJ-ss86rSg&feature=&p=E957572995FB2DE6&index=0&playnext=1

Is it throwing you off because it's not on the four?

It's still drum and bass.... even if it is pendulum.

Nah. On the contrary I like it a lot and wondered if there were any way to describe it when searching for tracks.

And yeah, I didn't want to post Pendulum, but I didn't want to spend time searching for another track and Pendulum is sadly all I have of drum and bass on this computer. :shrug:

Pendulum is sadly all I have of drum and bass on this computer. :shrug:

That really is quite sad.

Cheer up, there are some suggestions of better dnb going off in this thread.

Well aware since I started it. :tongue:

I live for syncopation. But I just mean this specific deviation is probably the most prominent aside from the regular dnb pattern, and I was wondering if there was a term for it. I assume from these responses that there is not.

Guest Coalbucket PI

'on the and of three'

Thought this was a typo but apparently not. Anyway you don't get a new genre name for moving a snare by 1/8th of a beat.

It has a more disjointed feel. I'm not talking different genre, just something like [descriptive term]-style or something. That's not so far-fetched is it?

farfetch%27d.gif

Archived