IGNORED

NASA to Hold News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery

chaosmachine

this will make it easier for people to understand that there can be any kind of life on any kind of planet now. there could be small species that thrive on venus' gases or mercury's temperature.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET

id would love to know. for all of you who think they are not here...what do you think the ufo phenomena is?

1. what are the millions of reports of spectacular lights zipping across the sky for the last six decades?

2. what are the countless day time reports from all walks of life and professions, of metallic looking disc shaped object flying around our skies maneuvering like no known aircraft?

3. how do you explain events such as "the pheonix lights", where thousands of people all report a "craft" as big as several football fields long, hovering over their city?

4. how do you explain all the nasa satellite and astronaut footage of lights zipping around space making right angle turns at thousand of kilometers per hour?

these are basic questions that id love to hear your answers for, from all you who think we havent been visited

id would love to know. for all of you who think they are not here...what do you think the ufo phenomena is?

i think it's mostly cranks like you adding two and two together and getting your avatar.

problems:

2. the discovery of science is an evolutionary dead end. it only takes a few thousand years to go from metalworking to planet-killing nukes and bioweaponry. this is not enough time for a species to overcome millions of years of kill-or-be-killed instincts. planet killing technologies become too easy to make too quickly. thanks to dna printers, it won't be long before anyone with a decent IQ can download and print out killer viruses. since extremely dangerous technologies are certainly precursors to intergalactic travel, most species probably kill themselves before they get very far from home.

i have a problem with your problem. you're assuming that all species have a drive to kill each other. even on earth, this isn't true. for instance, plants have survived pretty well in harmony with other organisms. of course, plants never invented a nuke...

i'm just saying that you should consider the outside possibilities, especially when talking about alien life. intelligent life could come in many different forms--it's not limited to bipedal cephalized meatbags who like killing other meatbags and eating them.

They're saying its a finding that will impact the search. E.g. they've run some models and life might be more likely to exist at a certain depth in soil or a certain temperature range, so they're going to look there. Something like that I reckon.

i.e. not something particularly exciting

sandworm.gif

Guest Pennywise

i have a silly theory that the reason we haven't been contacted by extraterrestrial life is because once an intelligent society develops perfect simulated/virtual reality, why would they ever have the urge to explore the real universe?

You can't find answers about ones existence from simulations

Guest nene multiple assgasms

We don't talk to ants , do we?

there are probably scientists who do so with pheromones and such.

told you it would be incredibly boring

Bug eyed kids in rubber costumes, ravaging our anuses, this is not. So very disappointed. NASA sucks. ET for president.

It hasen't happened yet:

NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

BREAKING NEWS:

NASA Finds New Life

Hours before their special news conference today, the cat is out of the bag: NASA has discovered a completely new life form that doesn't share the biological building blocks of anything currently living in planet Earth. This changes everything.

At their conference today, NASA scientist Felisa Wolfe Simon will announce that they have found a bacteria whose DNA is completely alien to what we know today. While she and other scientists theorized that this could be possible, this is the first time that this has been confirmed. Instead of using phosphorus, the bacteria uses arsenic. All life on Earth is made of six components: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur. Every being, from the smallest amoeba to the largest whale, share the same life stream. Our DNA blocks are all the same.

But not this one. This one is completely different. Discovered in the poisonous Mono Lake, California, this bacteria is made of arsenic, something that was thought to be completely impossible. The implications of this discovery are enormous to our understanding of life itself and the possibility of finding beings in other planets that don't have to be like planet Earth.

No details have been disclosed about the origin or nature of this new life form. We will know more today at 2pm EST but, while this life hasn't been found in another planet, this discovery does indeed change everything we know about biology. I don't know about you, but I've not been so excited about a bacteria since my STD tests came back clean.

http://gizmodo.com/5704158/nasa-finds-new-life

Guest Ranky Redlof

1. what are the millions of reports of spectacular lights zipping across the sky for the last six decades?

2. what are the countless day time reports from all walks of life and professions, of metallic looking disc shaped object flying around our skies maneuvering like no known aircraft?

3. how do you explain events such as "the pheonix lights", where thousands of people all report a "craft" as big as several football fields long, hovering over their city?

4. how do you explain all the nasa satellite and astronaut footage of lights zipping around space making right angle turns at thousand of kilometers per hour?

these are basic questions that id love to hear your answers for, from all you who think we havent been visited

1. could be a million things, thats why they are called UFO's right?

2. see 1. But lets take an educated guess: mix of illusions, hallucinations, birds, bugs and regular/ government aircrafts, fucking birthday balloons (lol NY :facepalm: ) prolly.

3. independence day 3, hoax by a group of delta airplane funny guys, government stuff...

4. optical illusion, thought that was explained long ago?

and yes aliens are an option, but very improbable imo.

i wonder how creationists will react to this. they hit us with peanut butter, we hit back with... a lake full of arsenic. fuck yeah.

Don't worry, they will find something equally stupid as peanut butter to refute this.

The ETs in Evolution (with david-duchovny-nude-tea-pot.jpg) were based on arsenic. Now i wonder if you could kill the bacteria he nasa found with some "head and shoulders" shampoo`.faz:kjbdav=klbfjna

Archived