IGNORED

like a modern License To Ill

Alzado

Comparing this trash to License to Ill is a fucking disgrace.

it's similar in the fact that it's white guys who may or may not be serious about rapping, but have undeniable skills. it's also similar in the reaction that it's getting from people who are serious about rap.

Man, Eric Grandy from the stranger (weekly paper in Seattle) plugged these guys like they were paying him in blowjobs last year. They got kicked out of a bar/venue that's notorious for having douchebag security guys anyway (I saw two bands walk off stage in two consecutive nights at this place because the staff are such giant twats) and managed to ride that hype train for a few months. I think one of them got arrested that night as well, for starting a fight on the street.

A buddy of mine that came through town to play a show at this place Nectar here in Seattle had the booking guy push Mad Rad onto the bill same the night of the show (without telling the other bands - I guess MR are friends with the venue or something? not sure).. apparently they showed up late, then while they were on stage they allegedly poured beer and water all over my buddy's bands equipment. My buddy (laid back dude) told me they sucked ass.

I dunno though, maybe they're great.

Comparing this trash to License to Ill is a fucking disgrace.

it's similar in the fact that it's white guys who may or may not be serious about rapping, but have undeniable skills. it's also similar in the reaction that it's getting from people who are serious about rap.

License to Ill was a stroke of genius for two reasons. 1) if you look at the heart of it, it was not an album which parodied rap. 2) It was the album which pushed rap into the mainstream. First #1 hip hop album.

The Beasties were breaking new ground, these guys are just making an indie pop record with some hip hop, which Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip did about a thousand times better with their first album "angles".

[link to illegal music file sharing blog removed]

why are youtube links that have copyrighted music in them ok?

people who are serious about rap.

it's like saying people are serious about the movie Meet the Spartans, rap as a whole has devolved into self parody. If people here are any indication of how seriously they take rap, Lil B supposedly is the next greatest MC, and that shows a very interesting state of affairs.

Archived