IGNORED

ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL

Guest KY

Guest Scrambled Ears

theyll be the next big thing. its pretty cool and the lyrics are sick I cant really get into the music though

Yeah I can't really get into this stuff, to me, it just basically just suburban skater horrorcore. All my nerdy skater innernette friends drool over it alongside their Mr Bungle albums.

I think if Tyler starts to mature up his content a bit and start getting into some real issues while staying dark controversial and generally not giving a fuck, he'll be really onto something... as of right now he has much potential, as does the rest of the crew. They're young artists with pretty damn good production for their ages. But the tendency he has to fall into offensive lyrics for the sake of being shocking and controversial is somewhat shallow and I think will eventually get pretty old and people will grow sick of it when over the long haul there isn't much meaningful content. (Although ICP's been pulling that gimmick for years and although they're fucking terrible have a devoted following)

Tyler's "Yonkers" track is a great sign of this potential I think, while still dark and conroversial he's actually somewhat getting into talking about some real frustrations (worries about his mental state, and the current music trends) I'm curious to see what Goblin brings, and the already announced major label debut said to be in the works. I think perhaps some guidance from more experienced peers might help him and the rest of the crew realize this potential. I can't say much for the rest of the OFWGKTA as I've only really listened to Tyler and Earl and some of the first mixtape. I'm not overly amazed with what I've heard so far, but I do hear the potential and I think they're worth keeping an eye on.

bunch of bullshit really

I wonder why you said that?

(what you think of hayley williams?)

f-ck her, wolf haley robbin’ ‘em

i’ll crash that f-ckin’ airplane at that faggot n-gga b.o.b is in

and stab bruno mars in his goddamn esophagus

and won’t stop until the cops come in

lol. My favourite verse

while i think lil b is utter rubbish

these guys are fuckin amazing. earl and tyler are rookies and they're already better than so many rappers out there. earl, specifically, is just an amazing rapper. i think they should just work together on all their shit... their joint tracks are the best. assmilk is fuckin great!

This music obviously isn't horrorcore. This is off topic, but horrorcore is an example of a musical genre that has fossilized a certain sound and production technique. Most horrorcore artists still make early 90's gangsta rap.

Guest bigs

also no-one seems to have the balls to admit that they probably have more shitty tracks than good ones at this stage. but you can't really be blamed for that with the amount of stuff they've released. take for example, Tyler's first album. about 3 really great tracks overshadowing a bunch of average, default-sample-kit-in-FL beat tracks.

there are certainly less strong tracks, but i really like about 80% of their work, which is far more than i could say about other rap artists (except doom and tribe, i guess).

major-label Wolf.

fuck I knew it'd only be a matter of time before those cunts got to him. if I'm hearing odd future on the radio in a couple of months i'm going to be majorly pissed that yet another great and original group have been ass raped by corporate america.

also no-one seems to have the balls to admit that they probably have more shitty tracks than good ones at this stage. but you can't really be blamed for that with the amount of stuff they've released. take for example, Tyler's first album. about 3 really great tracks overshadowing a bunch of average, default-sample-kit-in-FL beat tracks.

I really dont think they'll be playing Odd Future on the radio. Unless they get Tyler and Earl to seriously clean up their lyrics.

major-label Wolf.

fuck I knew it'd only be a matter of time before those cunts got to him. if I'm hearing odd future on the radio in a couple of months i'm going to be majorly pissed that yet another great and original group have been ass raped by corporate america.

I really dont think they'll be playing Odd Future on the radio. Unless they get Tyler and Earl to seriously clean up their lyrics.

sort of my point

If they clean up the lyrics, theres no point to the band anymore.

I dont think people "get" the whole immaturity thing. The unnecessary vulgar and low brow lyrics are part of the generation. Take a good look at Odd Future, this is the youth of today.

Just gave Goblin a listen and it's seriously overhyped. Some good tracks, but overall quite boring and just really bad swear'cause-it's-cool lyrics. Tre tracks that are good, stick out though, so there is definately something there.

OFWGKTA need a best of album soon, they've released close to 1000 songs through their Tumbler, so someone needs to clear out the trash and pick som gems for a real release.

Guest AcrossCanyons

I think a lot of people will dismiss GOBLIN early because they are sick of the FREE EARL #GOLFWANG 666 hipster fans and to keep a "i listened to them b4 goblins" mentality - but it's actually really good.. a grower for sure tho. Some tracks are the best OF work to date imo. Shit like Golden and Transylvania are incredible. The only tracks that aren't very good are Radicals (ugh I really dislike this one), the Boppin Bitch segment of Fish/Boppin Bitch and Bitch Suck Dick (joke tracks).

Overall dope release.

it's actually really good.. a grower for sure tho. Some tracks are the best OF work to date imo.

I think this is the conclusion I'll eventually reach—still slowly getting there.

Is it weird that I've actually been listening to more Lil B recently? IM A FAG IM A LESBIAN THE GIRLS LOVE ME

major-label Wolf.

sort of my point

If they clean up the lyrics, theres no point to the band anymore.

again, sort of my point. pop music, yo.

i do find something quite refreshing about these guys though so it'd be a real shame to see that disappear. hope they can "keep it real".

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ee0a63a6be/odd-future-gets-signed

• 2 weeks later...

tegan and sara said:

When will misogynistic and homophobic ranting and raving result in meaningful repercussions in the entertainment industry? When will they be treated with the same seriousness as racist and anti-Semitic offenses?

answer:

When the world comes to the back assward conclusion that the entertainment industry only deals in strict facts, and never in self-indulgent fantasies played out in an arena where they may be voiced but not truly acted upon. When the world finally realizes that all art is to be taken at face-value, and that it is the artists responsibility to weigh their own opinions against the current moral and political standings of their culture and avoid creating unnecessary controversy for its own sake. When the world realizes that any and all artistic decisions made without regard to social norms or political correctness must be rejected and suppressed on the basis that all art ought to be hopeful and flowery.

:nyan:

There was a whole lot of tough talk here in Boston when these guys came through a few days ago about how offensive their lyrics are and shit. I've never heard a single one of their songs, but I'm glad there's a WATMM thread to keep me informed about it. Def easier than actually tackling their huge pile of music.

So, just young dudes right? Saying crazy shit? I'm old. I don't care about this, right?

Guest nene multiple assgasms
I will sodomize you and face-fuck you,

pussy Aurelius and catamite Furius,

you who think, because my poems

are sensitive, that I have no shame.

For it's proper for a devoted poet to be moral

himself, but in no way is it necessary for his poems.

In point of fact, these have wit and charm

if they are sensitive and a little shameless,

and can arouse an itch,

and I don't mean in boys, but in those hairy old men

who can't get it up.

Because you've read my countless kisses,

you think less of me as a man?

I will sodomize you and face-fuck you.

- Gaius Valerius Catullus