IGNORED

dale cooper drinking coffee

Guest disparaissant

There was a fish ... in the PERCOLATOR

QFT

this was based on an actual story, where Lynch was drinking coffee at a friends place, and they were drinking for a while when Lynch said "you know, this coffee tastes funny" and when they finally looked in the percolator there was a bar of soap in it

the_more_you_know.jpg

Guest fiznuthian

okay i have been putting off watching this show for years now,

but i know i'm going to love it..

its about time. really one of the best ever?

Yes. But also no. There was much external and internal meddling with the show in the second season, so don't expect perfection.

Really. But yes it drags a bit after it hits the halfway point. Hope you like weird humor.

raise hands for whoever was there when it aired

I used to watch it with my dad and stepmom, was so into it the first season (even had an "I killed Laura Palmer" t-shirt, lol), but remembered the second season being a big disappointment...have been watching it again recently with the girlfriend and this just reconfirmed that impression, even the Lynch-directed second season first episode drags and lacks magic. Seems like they didn't really know what to do with the thing, which I fully understand. There's only so far you can go with

having a murder mystery bump up against supernatural forces

my parents didn't let me watch it, i remember it was on sunday, and every time the opening credits started i had to go to bed, with that track in my head, it was a bad feeling, the song is kinda creepy when you're young.

[youtubehd]fqxcUhFFcys[/youtubehd]

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/WhiteBlur2/albums_containing_twin_peaks_samples

Jack Nance died as weird as he lived, as I recall he got punched in the face and just...died

Got into a fight in December of 1996 with two men in a Winchell's donut shop, and was struck in the head. A friend came and checked up on him at his home the next day only to find him dead.

Damn.

I watched a documentary a couple of years ago called "Pretty as a Picture: The Art of David Lynch" which was recorded after Lost Highway and I remember seeing Jack Nance walking around with Lynch on the Eraserhead sets and he looked old and confused, so up until now I thought that he died from some sort of sickness. Also Lynch was talking to him like he was a little kid which just made him seem even older.

Archived