IGNORED

New Wagon Christ album 'Tomorrow' march 14, ninja tune.

mattlone

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bangin' - and what distances and improves it from We Hear You is the much more coherent ethic. This has a "sound" - We Hear You was just all over the place. Rennie Codgers makes me crack up for some reason.

Guest bitroast

well, bleep kind of sucks. the zip was corrupted. obtaining illegally while i wait.

same thing happened to me.

i purchased it last night, and the download would open to an error page.

emailed them, and they replied saying its fixed.

now it downloads file but its corrupted (2 attempts).

downloaded it illegally.

listening now : D

Bangin' - and what distances and improves it from We Hear You is the much more coherent ethic. This has a "sound" - We Hear You was just all over the place. Rennie Codgers makes me crack up for some reason.

I agree, on all points.

I agree, on all points.

This one sounds great, reminds me of Big Soup in terms of coherence.

Diggin it after 2 play-throughs. To compare it to "We Hear You" isn't really fair. They're too different imo, BUT I will agree with the point someone made about this being more cohesive. Lots of good tracks.

Guest ruiagnelo

been listening exclusively to this record for the last days. incredibly good! will play thousand times more for sure :music:

very happy with this album. my bleep order ended up working when i tried the link a second time.

he definitely has begun to incorporate the samples even more heavily. it's not good or bad, just kind of new. zen shit, wagon christ.

Guest Calx Sherbet

only on itunes...

i don't understand this exclusive itunes track bullshit. to me 256k is more than good for me in terms of sound quality, but the principle of the situation is absurd. that is the only source, so that's the highest quality we'll ever hear it in? somewhere out there, there's a .wav of it that will never surface. it's stupid. at least the label's digital download offers flac, which i think is the only way it SHOULD be offered. and of course if you don't like it, that's what encoding is for.

but it's better than never hearing it at all.

Mr. Mukatsuku is on a plane of beauty that is not of this world

this album gets an A+ from me. this is so on par with everything else he's done

Boomer sounds great, I'm a sucker and will pay just for that track $9.99... there's also Replicurtains (LP only) and two japanese Bonus tracks, to hunt down.

please share boomer if you ever get it.

what are the japanese tracks?

not sure if it's already been linked:

http://www.ilikemusic.com/interviews/Luke_Vibert_Interview_2011-12490

great interview. new (well, old) plug album coming soon apparently, as well as the album on mu and the KD ep

I'm over the moon about new Plug, I wonder how long we'll have to wait? He's already got loads of releases this year!

Can't wait to listen to Toomorrow, where's my parcel Ninja?

Yeah , im not gonna explain it.

My point is , who gives a shit about a sample-whore when we know for sure AFX's totally original analog album is coming out this year.

douuuuuuuuuuuuuuuche. also, you suck.

only on itunes...

i don't understand this exclusive itunes track bullshit. to me 256k is more than good for me in terms of sound quality, but the principle of the situation is absurd. that is the only source, so that's the highest quality we'll ever hear it in? somewhere out there, there's a .wav of it that will never surface. it's stupid. at least the label's digital download offers flac, which i think is the only way it SHOULD be offered. and of course if you don't like it, that's what encoding is for.

Boomer sounds great, I'm a sucker and will pay just for that track $9.99... there's also Replicurtains (LP only) and two japanese Bonus tracks, to hunt down.

Will do... the Japanese Tracks are : Deep Down,and Maman.

Guest ruiagnelo

only on itunes...

boomer please! :rolleyes:

only on itunes...

boomer please! :rolleyes:

Not available until March 29 on itunes, the clip sounds wicked.

This ones great. I was kind of curious to see how the Wagon Christ alias would work nowadays, considering its tied to a very 90s aesthetic and was worried it would sound dated but like with ...lush hes mixed lots of Viberty goodness from his other projects in amongst all the rhodes and loungey strings. Probably one of my favorite things from him in the last few years.

I like it a damn lot. There are so many parallels to / tangents from We Hear You and Rhythm, I'm gonna have a hard time separating these.

Hadn't this album actually been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years before ninja tune finally got around to releasing it?

Guest ruiagnelo

I like it a damn lot. There are so many parallels to / tangents from We Hear You and Rhythm, I'm gonna have a hard time separating these.

Hadn't this album actually been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years before ninja tune finally got around to releasing it?

luke said in a recent interview that most of the tracks were created years ago, and he just reworked them in a kind of "modern" way to associate them with his most recent tunes.

Archived