IGNORED

Egypt Shuts Down Internet

J3FF3R00

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

Anyone else get annoyed be the US statemant? My cynical ears hear it as:

Mubarak, why the fuck have you allowed this thing to get out of hand, you should have just smashed their heads in at the first opportunity. Now it looks like youre going to lose this and we'll have to hedge our bets and say that this is a legitimate protest, so not to piss off the new regime.

is it ironic that your name is dirty protest?

Ironic in what way? That I live in a house coverend in shit, irony is, its someone else shit.

I love how peaceful Muslims are.

I love how oblivious americans are to their country's foreign policy.

I'm pretty sure you are trying to fish a troll response out of me, but honestly I look at the way this as being handled as childish.

I love how peaceful Muslims are.

I love how oblivious americans are to their country's foreign policy.

I'm pretty sure you are trying to fish a troll response out of me, but honestly I look at the way this as being handled as childish.

1) they are egyptians (or arabs), not "muslims." the majority of them may be muslim, but i'm sure there are some atheists, christians, jews, etc. mixed in there too.

2) i don't see what's childish about people rising up against a corrupt government. it's not like they can vote mubarak out of office--he's been president for 30 years, doesn't seem like he's keen on leaving.

3) i think nene was commenting on your sarcastic use of the word peaceful when our own country has killed around 100,000 iraqis since we invaded their homeland.

Guest mohamed

i'm just afraid that some crazy muslim fundamentalist party will replace mubarak. otherwise, rock on egypt.

there's always the american option, but im afraid they tried that already

i'm just afraid that some crazy muslim fundamentalist party will replace mubarak. otherwise, rock on egypt.

hm, what do you mean? i'm not saying the usa should interfere. i just hope the egyptians choose the path of democracy and equality instead of theocracy like many of the other countries in the region.

Guest mohamed

hm, what do you mean? i'm not saying the usa should interfere. i just hope the egyptians choose the path of democracy and equality instead of theocracy like many of the other countries in the region.

i mean it's fanta-politics. there is nothing to choose, every fucking western leader has spoken in favour of Mubarak already

2005's presidential elections were a hoax as well, non Mubarak supporters were prohibited to enter the polls. in face of the world, nobody cares

i think watching obama sucking the arabs dicks it's more entertaining in the long distance

Mubarak, why the fuck have you allowed this thing to get out of hand, you should have just smashed their heads in at the first opportunity. Now it looks like youre going to lose this and we'll have to hedge our bets and say that this is a legitimate protest, so not to piss off the new regime.

Ironic in what way? That I live in a house coverend in shit, irony is, its someone else shit.

No kind of offence meant here DP (which I'm sure you realise) and not being flippant, but growing up in England in the 70s and 80s with Northern Ireland very much in the news, the term 'dirty protest' has strong connotations for me. Those memories are still pretty vivid today.

Guest Dirty Protest

Being flippant is the only way to deal with NI. Theres too many sincere people making too many sincere points. I try not to think about the politics much, but the DUP are really winding me up lately, theyre against tuition fees and the health cuts, but will side with the torys in every vote just because they put border politics over the welfare of the poeple. Its as polarized now, as its ever been in my lifetime. Thank fuck I dont live there anymore =)

Edit: Could just delete it, but that wouldnt be right. The DUP voted against tuition fees, so sorry Mr. Wilson =)

No kind of offence meant here DP (which I'm sure you realise) and not being flippant, but growing up in England in the 70s and 80s with Northern Ireland very much in the news, the term 'dirty protest' has strong connotations for me. Those memories are still pretty vivid today.

Yeah mate, still going on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12289914

Obama during the Iranian revolution

sickoobamaimage1.jpg

barack_obama_pointing_and_speaking_at_economic_summit.jpg

Obama during the Egyptian uprising

whistling.jpg

obamaarizonaspeech%20(Small)-thumb-350x248-104083.jpg

silly me i keep forgetting that the only time the american propaganda machine encourages an uprising against a corrupt gov in a country is when we have an ulterior motive for wanting said country to implode.

google enables public voicemail box for egyptians, results post live to twitter.

actual recordings from phone lines. history is happening now.

http://www.saynow.com/playMsg.html?ak=TkxFNENGTHVQQzdTdVE4N0xILzlLdz09

cell service is supposedly down, but land lines still work for now. you can't have a functioning country without phone lines, so cutting these off will only accelerate the situation...

I have to re-post my friend's facebook status update from this morning because it was so fucking brilliant...

Jefferoo's Facebook Friend

I was asked to contribute money to help the civil unrest in Egypt, but I suspect it's a pyramid scheme.

:emotawesomepm9:

it's a joke dude.

pyramid scheme. Egypt. Get it?

nevermind.

no, i got the part that was supposed to be funny. i don't get the wording before it.

Archived