IGNORED

List Your Fears

Boxing Day

I am afraid of:

Death

Black Widows

Getting trapped in small places without being able to move.

being single forever a.k.a dying alone

Drive-bys (every car that passes me i think "This is it .. they gonna shoot me)

Churches (Since i was a kid , probably because a priest molested me)

The Blair Witch

Charles Manson and his family ( i never sleep with my window open)

Being possessed by the devil or a demon

Getting someone pregnant

Plagues and diseases

+ fears i don't remember now but probably post them later.

On a scale of Evil Knievel (not afraid of anything) to Monk (afraid of everything) i am Woody Allen.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

failure

sometimes to an extent that i'll not even try for fear of fucking something up

also i've been getting slightly claustrophobic lately. probably due to my time spent in sydney, taking the train and having it stop in a pitch black tunnel, and all the lights turn off for 5mins before it starts up again.

Death

Black Widows

Getting trapped in small places without being able to move.

These, plus being horribly afraid of heights. If I am not on the ground floor, I start feeling pretty insecure right away, and with the fear increasing the higher I go. I always feel like the floor is going to fall through or the building is going to collapse and I'm die the most horrible, terrifying death imaginable.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Drive-bys (every car that passes me i think "This is it .. they gonna shoot me)

I get this so bad when I'm high and walking around late at night... every damn car.

used to be scared of dentists, had some work done in the past year which more or less put paid to that through exposure.

stinging nettles in particular, and to a lesser extent any large mass of leafy plants. that one's completely irrational and probably prompted by reading "day of the triffids" at quite a young age. they just seem somehow malevolent to me.

wet paper, especially toilet paper or any that disintegrates.

an accidental extremely high dose of magic mushrooms!!!!

going blind whilst my brain melts out of my nose

passing out in public

big outdoor spaces

small indoor spaces

people

drowning/choking on my own mucus/saliva while asleep or awake. i once nearly choked to death on a small sip of water!!

it went down the wrong way and blocked my wind pipe, somehow... for a good 30 seconds, at least. seemed like forever though!

nothing worse than not being able to breathe!!!!

Guest disparaissant

electrocution, even minor shocks. got shocked earlier and almost went into conniptions.

death

that's about it.

i guess going deaf but honestly i'd probably just cope.

Guest Adjective

I fear when Boxing Day dies that he will come back to confront us atop a wailing dragon amalgam of all the fears detailed in this thread.

I beg everyone to please urge a mod to close this thread immediately, before the fears that ride with that Boxing Day spectre grow so vast, so all encompassing, that no heart, no mod dare challenge Him.

Ok my number one biggest fear, needles. I fucking hate them. Don't like getting shots, don't like my blood being taken, I can't stand the skin piercing, vain draining cold metal sticks of doom.

Ok my number one biggest fear, needles. I fucking hate them. Don't like getting shots, don't like my blood being taken, I can't stand the skin piercing, vain draining cold metal sticks of doom.

oh yeah that's a big one for me too. pretty much preventing me from getting any piercings or tattoos. i mean shit, i nearly passed out when i got my ear pierced when i was 13, and i didn't even watch it!

Guest futuregirlfriend

Premature death, failure, paralysis. I've been sleeping some wild hours recently, and I woke up the other morning unable to move, not even open my eyelids. I was as lucid as you usually are in your first few waking moments, giving myself a little mental run-up "Alright. 1, 2, 3 opennn hnngg." Nothing. Pretty terrifying.

Oh and the Manson family wanted to kill Tom Jones back in the day rofl

oh yeah that's a big one for me too. pretty much preventing me from getting any piercings or tattoos. i mean shit, i nearly passed out when i got my ear pierced when i was 13, and i didn't even watch it!

More research I finally found out what causes my fainting. I have Trypanophobia and an inherited vasovagal reflex reaction that is triggered from Needles. Although the last shot I got I did it laying down and didn't faint.

Archived