IGNORED

In this thread, we give it up for Prince

Solo Strike

he will get to dig, that his diggers in battle for his honour are worth the 'time' ... once he gets past the missing of the sense about the cents .. which is probably a deep cut in the chap ..

Guest Greg Reason

I fuckin love Prince.

Seen him in a big arena and a 200 person club, he kicked major ass at both. Can handle himself on guitar, bass, keys, drums, vox... He does all the shit right there, there can be no doubting his talent. Plus he's a genius songwriter and producer. Real shame that he is far from the top of his game at the moment but when he's on the money he's incredible.

I highly rate the following:

N.E.W.S.

Kamasutra

The Rainbow Children

Xpectation

Love Symbol / Prince & the New Power Generation

Come

and I like a hell of a lot of the rest as well. He's certainly made some fuckin awful stuff though (New Power Soul comes to mind) but in all fairness he has released absolute truckloads of records. Pretty whack how ignorant he is re: the internet but he is a weirdo so we have to allow him his bizarre idiosyncrasies I guess

Wow you guys are hardcore fans :emotawesomepm9: Need to check all the material you put on here.

I'm just a casual listener but have to say he's one of my favourites "pop-related" musicians. The Purple Rain album is über good, and so is Controversy (and certainly more, I still need to discover the man's discography).

Personal favourite :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WlPHp44Qys

(I just love the bridge in this song, starting at 2:18 - so beautiful when he plays it on the piano in the movie)

But tracks like 1999, Little Red Corvet, Controversy and Sometimes It Snow In April are at least as good as this one.

The Ballad of Dorothy Parker + I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man.

:sup: :sup: :sup:

What are the best Prince songs for his awesome guitar slaying?

His 1st 10 albums are completely brilliant. (For You - Lovesexy)

My personal Favourite is Parade. Timeless and unique sounding.

Minneapolis Genius (pre solo album form 76/77?) is also good.

After Lovesexy he went downhill super fast.

His 1st 10 albums are completely brilliant. (For You - Lovesexy)

My personal Favourite is Parade. Timeless and unique sounding.

Minneapolis Genius (pre solo album form 76/77?) is also good.

I rate parade closely behind sign o the times. I love the frenchy euro funky feel of that album.

Up to that time he'd released some ace b-sides. Shockadelica wouldn't have sounded out of place on Sign o The Times, and Irresistible Bitch and the full-length Erotic City are mind- (and load-) blowingly good. I've also got the US 12" of America, which is something like 20+ minutes long.

Original... of course sinead's has better emotion to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8854IiDjlw

prince's live version... i can't find the prince version where his back up singer wails gospel style... that one is much better than this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOVP7GHJLII

Watched Under The Cherry Moon again last night, I know it gets slated, and Kristin Scott Thomas is AWFUL in it, but you got to admit, there's something deeply enjoyable about watching Prince being ridiculous around Europe in black and white. Some inspired clothing numbers going on in that film.

princevenus.jpg

Plus, it has the extended version of Mountains playing over the credits, which is SEVERELY underrated and a fucking monster of a tune that noone really talks about much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojnyWNN1NA

yeah mountains is awesome... I remember the video where lisa was playing guitar sitting on wendy's piano barebacked and sexy! Alright... I think I blame prince for my crazy sex drives since the late 80s!

Archived