IGNORED

Luke Vibert controls Richard D James

amnesia

I have been thinking about this and recon that Mr Vibert has shaped Richards music direction somewhat.

Vibert does Wagon Christ hip hop influenced beats = I Care era

Vibert goes Jungle mad Plug = HAB and RDJ

Vibert does acid = Analord

Guest 1001 0

so in that sense, the one(s) who started it all.. (like stockhausen, raymond scott, radiophonic workshops etc,,) controls it all

:excl:

Guest felttipen

luke vibert is amazing. in an interview rdj said that he has been inspired be luke. Doesnt mean i think hes better, so dont bitch.

I have been thinking about this and recon that Mr Vibert has shaped Richards music direction somewhat.

This is utter and complete bollocks. Other way round if anything. Vibert fucking sucks. Apart from when he's DJing.

....AND I would also like to say that Universal Indicator Red came out way way way before Vibert released any "acid" (I use the term in it's loosest possible sense when referring to Luke Vibert's attemps at Acid).

Silly silly boy......

it is well documented that Vibert use to go round to Richards house and play loads o jungle which inspired zRicharddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

This is utter and complete bollocks. Other way round if anything. Vibert fucking sucks. Apart from when he's DJing.

Yeah, you are right, seeing as their styles are so similar it is easy to say one sucks and the other does not. Vibert is aweosme at what he does, so is Aphex. It has been said by both parties that they often share ideas, like track names in the case of Analord.

....AND I would also like to say that Universal Indicator Red came out way way way before Vibert released any "acid" (I use the term in it's loosest possible sense when referring to Luke Vibert's attemps at Acid).

viberts been doing acid as long as he's been doing music. and acid is a loose term no matter who it's applied to, it is undefined. Roland tr and tb machines and bam it can be called acid.

get off your high horse, both artists are talented.

But they obviously inspire each other, and share some styles. Richard has said so, and mentions him often as inspiration for music in interviews.

Guest DrHat

both james and vibert were shot by the english government two years ago - don't buy their records any more

its kinda true

luke said on a "release" there doing luke was like rich why dont you do that bit" and he was like no you do it your better then that kinda thign then i am, then luke was like yeah but your you!?

:huh: i dunno i was drunk when he told me that..

Guest Iain C
aphex is the king lets face it vibert is just some prince.

You know, I'd never thought about it like that, but now you mention it...

vibert-1.jpgprince.jpg

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

yeah vibert said that prince's music is a big influence; a lot of you probably know that but i think it would be awesome if he released a prince remix maybe on a prince single

yeah vibert said that prince's music is a big influence; a lot of you probably know that but i think it would be awesome if he released a prince remix maybe on a prince single

Vibert's set at Glade last year was Prince-tastic

Archived