IGNORED

Luke Vibert controls Richard D James

amnesia

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

...Prince is better than James?

Frankly, if I'm in a Prince mood, I'll listen to Prince, if I'm in a Vibert mood, I'll listen to Vibert, and if I'm in a James mood, I'll listen to James... not one of the three has enough individually to make me stop listening to the others!

:huh:

:grin:

so i can't admire some artists? i can't b in the same time a Prince mood, a Aphex Twin mood, a Luke Vibert mood????!!!?

oh my :devil: !! but i listen what i want 2 listen, little man!!!!

rhôôôôôô!!! :laughing:

the original poster is dead on about the Plug / HAB comparison. Richard himself stated in an interview that he didnt know how to cutup breakbeats very well until he got a lesson from Luke vibert and admitted being very influenced by the Drum and Bass for Papa series.

if anything aphex got inspired by his favorite new artists Ceephax to make a stripped down analog only album. Of course the concept in and of itself is not unique, its that richard was listening to a lot of ceephax before he made analord and im sure it effected it's outcome.

Hab/ Plug both do very simillar cut ups of the "Soul Pride" break... I remember reading an interview with Luke ta;lking about how his sampler didn't have alot of sample time and that was one of the reason he starting breaking up breakbeats

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

hey hey, now... i like aphex squarepusher twin. it's not like i get a lot of information from his posts, but he makes me smile!

the original poster is dead on about the Plug / HAB comparison. Richard himself stated in an interview that he didnt know how to cutup breakbeats very well until he got a lesson from Luke vibert and admitted being very influenced by the Drum and Bass for Papa series.

if anything aphex got inspired by his favorite new artists Ceephax to make a stripped down analog only album. Of course the concept in and of itself is not unique, its that richard was listening to a lot of ceephax before he made analord and im sure it effected it's outcome.

that's rad. can luke come give me a lesson?

and... until they come out and announce the reality, it's kind of hard to tell what's going on, influence-wise... these guys all know each other, definitely listen to each other's stuff... i mean, it's easy to see how richard might like what ceephax and vibert had been doing recently, and decided to mash them together with his own twist. but... as a random guy just buying their records, i don't feel qualified to speculate on the lineage of it all. the best i can do is hear commonalities here and there. oh, and read far too much into interviews. that's important too.

Archived