IGNORED

Draft 7.30

Sam

Guest Audiophile

i remember reading somewhere that draft was made entirely on re-circuited hardware or custom software so no sound can be reproduced through commercial products, or something along those lines...it was a while back and im too lazy to go searching for the interview.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

This album rules. I admit it took me a few listens to get into however. I mean, surripere and reniform were instant, but the rest had to grow on me. I now think tapr is one of the most beautiful ae tracks, 61e.cr probably the funkiest, and Pntil one of the coolest. However, nothing will ever touch confield for me.

After reading the whole thread, I agree with the guy who said there is nothing bad for me to say about any of Ae's releases.

Opinions?

Me....I like (parts of) Xylin Room, Surriperre, VLA15 and Reniform Puls, but overall it's my least favourite.

i think its my favorite Autechre album at the moment. It has classic autechre elements (happy melodies good ambience) mixed with new autechre elements (staggering off time beats, insane stuttering, crazy sound design). I think its a more evolved version of Confield.

i remember reading somewhere that draft was made entirely on re-circuited hardware or custom software so no sound can be reproduced through commercial products, or something along those lines...it was a while back and im too lazy to go searching for the interview.

haha sounds a little unrealistic, probably a wink wink attempt by autechre to cock block their fans into trying to recreate their music.

although the sound design is extremely top notch on this album.

Seriously though, is there anything else like this ever? I mean, parts of xylin room sound like classic tekker synths and stuff, so those could probably be recreated. But I mean on 61ecr, I mean those are some of the coolest sounds I have ever heard. Starting with that panning detuned synth in the background, to that really fast reverby single note synth in the background after the transition, and I mean don't forget about that modular phunk!. I have always wanted to arrange this song for a band, but I havent had a band in a while, so I didn't even bother trying.

The older this album gets, the better it gets without doubt.

When it first came out I'd only heard early and Confield (which I actually liked, and still do), and it took me a while to really like Draft, but now the more and more i listen to it, the more i like it.

Guest earlgrey

TAPR seems to me like Autechre's nightmarish response to the oval/pole/mille plateaux aesthetic. the last minute makes me feel like somehow it's me, rather than the music, which is caught in a loop.

good album, haven't heard it for a while.

odd, tapr sounds too me like one of their happiest songs. Reminds me of someone being tortured but through their resolve they don't care and march through the pain.

lol I could go on forever describing what each AE song reminds me of.

Guest earlgrey
odd, tapr sounds too me like one of their happiest songs. Reminds me of someone being tortured but through their resolve they don't care and march through the pain.

megalol :laughing:

(ha, actually - yeah, nice analogy. I often get the feeling from AE of machine-like marching/perseverence in the face of adversity - Puch, Inhake 2, and both Key Nell remixes spring to mind.)

Guest uncle traveling matt

i still haven't found much appreciation for this album. to me it just sounds like a rehashed confield. although i love v-proc and surripere, it's def my least favorite ae release.

i like this album quite alot. very warm sounding.

I've always felt this way about Draft 7.30. Usually it takes me a few listens to really get into new Ae material, but this album had my attention rapt from the first minute. Every sound on it is interesting. For me it's their sound design masterpiece. Plus the beats are just hella cool. I don't understand what people find so damn inaccessible about this album, aside from people who aren't already into the general Ae sound. It was the most immediately lovable Ae album for me, and still remains my favorite.

i like this album quite alot. very warm sounding.

I've always felt this way about Draft 7.30. Usually it takes me a few listens to really get into new Ae material, but this album had my attention rapt from the first minute. Every sound on it is interesting. For me it's their sound design masterpiece. Plus the beats are just hella cool. I don't understand what people find so damn inaccessible about this album, aside from people who aren't already into the general Ae sound. It was the most immediately lovable Ae album for me, and still remains my favorite.

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

it would be hard for me to decide wich ae album is my least favourite, this one as all others I love

most consistent band ever

also i dont hear many people mentioning that the first time they probably heard Draft was a side a side b mp3 file ripped from a cassette tape. I actually prefer it in that form! i know it sounds weird but for some reason the really overly compressed tiny claustrophobic sound of Draft works really well on tape.

Archived