IGNORED

firm in "final negotiations" to secure prequel and sequel rights to...

BCM

Link

Fans of Blade Runner will certainly raise an eyebrow at the news that production outfit Alcon Entertainment is in "final negotiations" to acquire the prequel and sequel rights to the 1982 sci-fi classic.

According to Reuters, the company is cutting a deal with holder Bud Yorkin, who was exec producer on Ridley Scott's orginal movie, and will be on board as producer for any resurrection.

Alcon main men Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are fully aware they're treading sensitive ground, and said in a statement: "This is a major acquisition for our company, and a personal favorite film for both of us.

"We recognize the responsibility we have to do justice to the memory of the original with any prequel or sequel we produce. We have long-term goals for the franchise, and are exploring multi-platform concepts, not just limiting ourselves to one medium only."

Mercifully, Alcon - which was responsible for 2009's The Blind Side - has avoided promising a 21st-century "reimagining" of the Blade Runner concept, although "multi-platform concepts" sounds suitably ominous.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

it's like being repeatedly stabbed in the eyes@!! thanks hollywood, for your continued microwaving of your own poop.

"We recognize the responsibility we have to do justice to the memory of the original with any prequel or sequel we produce. We have long-term goals for the franchise, and are exploring multi-platform concepts, not just limiting ourselves to one medium only."

translation: "We're gonna squeeze out another $25mil by churning out a shitty 'Blade Runner' video game"

Blade Runner Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Blade Runner Episode II: Attack of the People Robots

Blade Runner Episode III: Revenge of Those Dudes in that Pyramid

lol

Guest Enter a new display name

**hopes to see C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate in the prequel**

Guest Gary C

Start the boycott now (Facebook/Twitter pages). I'd love to see a major Blockbuster ignored at the cinema.

**hopes to see C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate in the prequel**

I always thought it was "sea breams"...

I think it could work if they keep the atmosphere but don't use any of the original characters. I'd get Mamoru Oshii to direct or someone who has directed similar subject matter successfully. Obviously needs a good script as well.

What they will most likely do is get a music video director to do it on the cheap and deliver it D.O.A to theaters and probably break even on DVD sales 2 years later.

Guest Iain C

KW Jeter has already written a series of sequels as novels, which bizarrely try to unify the worlds of Blade Runner and Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep. I tried to read one many years ago, and wasn't really into it. But these were all published in the mid-90s so it's not a new idea.

KW Jeter has already written a series of sequels as novels, which bizarrely try to unify the worlds of Blade Runner and Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep. I tried to read one many years ago, and wasn't really into it. But these were all published in the mid-90s so it's not a new idea.

holy fanfic.

they should just make a movie about this: http://fanfictionredux.ytmnd.com/

There will be at least one motorcycle chase scene and probably a couple of healthy-sized explosions. The main character will wear a leather jacket and have spiky hair. Lots of smarmy one-liners. It writes itself really.

Came here to start a thread about this, should have realised watmm would already have a thread full of people moaning about how shit this sounds, shouldnt have bothered even thinking about it.

Guest Calx Sherbet

holy fanfic.

they should just make a movie about this: http://fanfictionredux.ytmnd.com/

i'd go to shit like this any day

Is Hollywood really that starved of new original ideas that all they do are prequels, remakes and reboots?

people need something they can recognise

truly new level shitness if this is true. might as well make a sequel to Casablanca while you're fucking at it.

if you make a sequel to bladerunner 30 years later so you can have mcdonalds action figures... then you know your world really is in the depths of a spiritual hell!

They should do the remake in fake-ass 3d with ravey neon visuals, and get some hip electronica act to write their first symphonic score with the help of ghost writers.

Oh crap.

get future sound of london to score the film.

directed by... ??? we don't have many good directors right now imo

with whoever did the visuals/cinematography on Enter the Void ... make sure they're on the team.

of course what it will probably end up being: write some corny string parts straight out of, idk... iron man. then get the Star Trek guy... Abram. recipe for success.

they won't destroy MY imagination!!!

maybe it will turn out OK though. by magic

Archived