IGNORED

firm in "final negotiations" to secure prequel and sequel rights to...

BCM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is this guaranteed to be horrible? what evidence do you have on this? is the company shit or something?

personally I used to be upset at all of these re-hashing of classics, but lets consider:

its going to get bought up and made anyway, doesnt it seem like the best way to view it is hope for good things, that they will be fairly honest to the original?

maybe Im missing something, but there doesn't seem to be anything conclusive regarding it being directed by Uwe Boll or something.

i think the problem is tron, star trek, watchmen and all that... it was all good in the first place

but bladerunner wasn't just good. bladerunner is one of the greatest films. bladerunner is on the level of films like Citizen Kane, etc. it's a pure classic. to mess with that isn't like messing with Star Wars 1-3, it's a different level.

maybe just to me. it's not a big deal, i'll just watch Bladerunner again

i really didn't like the new star trek, and i'm not a trekky. I just like some butter and salt and popcorn with my popcorn.

same. i didn't really have a problem with it but i thought it was boring for a science fiction movie. there needs to be at least a little depth or cuteness to it or else it's mostly just blah

that said i thought that was a good idea for a remake anyway. i was excited for it until i saw the lead actor and got a feel for the style of direction/screenwriting

i was fine, up until the space port, the motorbike riding was fine, looked nice through those filters. Imbued a sense of rebellious cool, superimposed over a vast landscape. Perhaps a metaphor for what would have come.

But no, they got to the spaceport and the tedium broke through and encircled all my hopes for the film, which remained within those walled off confines for the remainder of the picture. I do wonder how films these days can be soo long and yet leave you feeling so undernourished.

I'm not really excited, BR is my all-time favourite movie and if they want to fully satisfy me by creating new movie about new life awaiting in the off-world colonies I want rainy, full of asians, brutal, "Verhoevenish" movie (no PG-13 ffs) with soundtrack by Vangelis.

FSOL really needs to do a soundtrack for some sort of dystopian narrative...dead cities is by far the perfect soundtrack for something like that.

Directed by Darren Aronofsky, soundtrack by Clint Mansell. Done.

FSOL really needs to do a soundtrack for some sort of dystopian narrative...dead cities is by far the perfect soundtrack for something like that.

i;m glad to see this comment. i think the idea of FSOL scoring a Bladerunner sequel... or , well, any budget movie (orwell any movie) is

an example of idea gone wrong.

aka

an example of reality. this will not happen. this idea, of so called ' good art'

will not occur. how much does art and good art and bad art and what society as an etc

want tie in with our own reality? just a thought. don't disregard or regard it. i know most are prone to one or the other.

but why the FUCK if there is going to be a bladerunner sequel shouldn't good music be considered?

because, son, the world is a pile.

get future sound of london to score the film.

directed by... ??? we don't have many good directors right now imo

with whoever did the visuals/cinematography on Enter the Void ... make sure they're on the team.

of course what it will probably end up being: write some corny string parts straight out of, idk... iron man. then get the Star Trek guy... Abram. recipe for success.

they won't destroy MY imagination!!!

maybe it will turn out OK though. by magic

ok, so in your ideal version we have FSOL scoring it.... ok I can live with that. There are better and there are worse choices.

Visuals and Cinematography on Enter The Void? well that leads to this guy who always closely works with Noe personally so you'd probably need to bring Noe along for the ride as well in that visual department (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0213424/)

maybe you want Noe's 70 plus team of artists and designers for the feel and look to be complete????

people have been saying the likes of Aronofsky and such... I just don't see that working... these guys bring a lot of their own life and personality into their films and I just don't think their personalities and such would fit well on a project like remaking Blade Runner....

part of what made the original Blade Runner I think work and become a success was Ridley's own meddling with advertising. Think about it, his abilities in that field coming out and using all sorts of subtle nods and winks at the environment and surroundings Deckard is in. Of course following Ridley's later films it proves that without doubt, BLADE RUNNER IS A HAPPY ACCIDENT. The majority of decisions, small ones here and there... little jibs of lighting and whatnot... small touches that the actors contributed of course...... all gave rise to the brilliance that IS Blade Runner...

Hollywood can't, and have no idea HOW one could possibly ever remake something to get as tangible.

This is shit, shit news.

Archived