IGNORED

Firefox 4

Rubin Farr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup and you cant move the new tab button anywhere else

these could seem like nitpicks to a person who LOOOOVES the browser, but i mean interface is like the only possible thing someone could like or dislike about a browser other than speed. . and the interface sucks

I just added a new tab button (I don't normally have one) and was able to drag it around to the right and left side of the tab bar and to other toolbars. also, if you get the tab mix plus add-on there's an option to place it after the last tab.

I just downloaded latest rc of firefox 4 and I'm using it now. The tab "+" button is right next to the farthest right tab, just like always, am I missing something?

Otherwise it seems okay, single menu change is fine, i hardly use the menus anyways and it's nice to have them out of the way. The font rendering definitely seems different, at least in windows 7. Not sure how to explain it and I'm not sure it is better than before.

i guess im the one whose mising something, because the only add tab button is at the very far right underneath the X button

also when i open pages the bar of light on the sides glitches up and down

anyone else notice this?

i added the file edit view history bookmarks tool help bar to the top, which looks pretty stupid but itll have to do .. that might be the reason.

how many extensions does FF4 break?

Depends on the extension, of course - I will say this - Firefox 4 upgraded my Firebug extension (used for web development) to the latest version, and I had nothing but problems with it. I uninstalled Firebug, then added it again, "fresh", and it works fine now (so far). Not sure if any other extensions automagically upgraded are affected in a similar way.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

how in goodness name do you get the add tab button to the right side of the tab instead of the right side of the entire browser

what extensions do you have?

how in goodness name do you get the add tab button to the right side of the tab instead of the right side of the entire browser

what extensions do you have?

you mean plug in things? unplug and the stupid feedback thing

So far I like Firefox 4 (I use it as my baseline for web development work)... much faster, and has some nice features they've borrowed from Chrome.

Borrowed?

Are they planning to give the features back?

So far I like Firefox 4 (I use it as my baseline for web development work)... much faster, and has some nice features they've borrowed from Chrome.

Borrowed?

ohhhh ur cruisin for a brusin now boy

Borrowed?

Yeaaaahhhh, probably get another warn level for... nothing really.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Been using the beta for ages. It's faster, that's all really. Nearly matching Chrome. I've customised my user interface anyway. Dunno what it looks like normally.

I just use it for browsing now. I do my web dev in chrome. Only because firebug stopped working on refresh in firefox. Chrome is a really decent competitor. Good dev tools. Really fast. If I didn't use my saved passwords, and chrome had good equivalents of all the plugins I use, I'd switch.

Then again, I don't want to go google happy for everything...

If I didn't use my saved passwords, and chrome had good equivalents of all the plugins I use, I'd switch.

yeah, the thing that holds chrome back for me is the inferiority of the available extensions. adblock on chrome isn't as good, notscripts isn't nearly as good as noscript, and although tab mix plus for firefox isn't perfect, it's got a ton of useful options, and I've yet to find a satisfactory tab management extension for chrome.

Not having the refresh button next to the back button is annoying to me. I guess i can personalize but i'm not changing setting today.

it's not a lengthy process to change it lol.

Borrowed?

Yeaaaahhhh, probably get another warn level for... nothing really.

ohh booo hooo

Archived