IGNORED

Firefox 4

Rubin Farr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

yeah, it's definitely snappier, especially with a shitload of tabs open. I'm diggin' tab groups as well.

Using it at work now, definitely a significant improvement.

Chrome still feels a little faster on my home comp/OSX laptop, but I definitely like Firefox on Win7.

i hate the layout of basically everything, especially having to click the far right side of the screen just to open a new tab, rather than just hitting the plus button on the tab bar. no thanks

you do realize you can customize the layout by dragging and dropping elements? right click on a toolbar and click on customize. plus there are add-ons such as tab mix plus which give you many more options for customization.

yup and you cant move the new tab button anywhere else

these could seem like nitpicks to a person who LOOOOVES the browser, but i mean interface is like the only possible thing someone could like or dislike about a browser other than speed. . and the interface sucks

these could seem like nitpicks to a person who LOOOOVES the browser, but i mean interface is like the only possible thing someone could like or dislike about a browser other than speed. . and the interface sucks

I just added a new tab button (I don't normally have one) and was able to drag it around to the right and left side of the tab bar and to other toolbars. also, if you get the tab mix plus add-on there's an option to place it after the last tab.

Guest Enter a new display name

They've certainly taken a few style guides from Chrome huh ?! :biggrin:

Yeah, I was disappointed by how Firefox has been desperately copying Chrome, and Firefox users still think Mozilla have thought about those new features by themselves. This is laughable.

Guest Jackson Michaels

looks real cool. but i doubt i'll replace chrome anytime soon.

i read this post five times (i'm drunk and high) and each and every time i read it as:

"looks real cool. but i doubt it'll replace chrome anytime soon."

my brain started to implode... has chrome become the biggest browser in the last couple of months or what?

then i read it for the sixth time and now i'm all like:

happy-infant.jpg

Yeah, I was disappointed by how Firefox has been desperately copying Chrome, and Firefox users still think Mozilla have thought about those new features by themselves. This is laughable.

don't all the major browsers steal good ideas from one another? where did google get the idea for chrome to have extensions? I won't be surprised if chrome steals tab groups from firefox.

Don't be ridiculous. Chrome had some nice UI ideas to maximize screen estate and Firefox adopted them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As if Firefox users aren't aware of how Chrome looks.

Not adopting great innovations done by other companies because your ego is too big is desperate, not the other way around.

Don't be ridiculous. Chrome had some nice UI ideas to maximize screen estate and Firefox adopted them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As if Firefox users aren't aware of how Chrome looks.

Not adopting great innovations done by other companies because your ego is too big is desperate, not the other way around.

Hello, IE9! :emotawesomepm9:

I just added a new tab button (I don't normally have one) and was able to drag it around to the right and left side of the tab bar and to other toolbars. also, if you get the tab mix plus add-on there's an option to place it after the last tab.

I just downloaded latest rc of firefox 4 and I'm using it now. The tab "+" button is right next to the farthest right tab, just like always, am I missing something?

Otherwise it seems okay, single menu change is fine, i hardly use the menus anyways and it's nice to have them out of the way. The font rendering definitely seems different, at least in windows 7. Not sure how to explain it and I'm not sure it is better than before.

It broke a couple for me - The Chrome theme I was running and some Microsoft .net something-or-other. Though I don't miss either (and have no idea what the second one even was) and all the important ones like NoScript and AdBlock Plus are all a-ok

I put the tabs on the bottom and it only broke a couple of extensions (the tor button is the only one I care about)...doesn't seem particularly faster than 3.6.xx

Archived