IGNORED

Who will release first?

o00o

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will release first?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Metz and Manchester tracks totally blow Tuss and Analord out the water. Ahhhhhhhhhh I am getting to sucked into a fight and I don't need one. But you know where I am coming from.

I just don't understand the aphex-big-wind-up-merry-go-round, that his fans unwantedly seem to get sucked into.

The whole Aphex thing is a real brain drain.

Especially since he told that (totally fucking gay) magazine that he had 6 albums done. He knows his fans will savagely lap something like that up. I have said this before but that just narks me off, I presume he must get a kick out of taking the piss out of his own fans...ahh fuck it, I aint going on about it.

Cunt.

this. if he wants to keep his personal life off-limits and spew yarns about submarines that's all fine and entertaining.... but i'm extremely tired of having my hopes dashed, and only slightly less annoyed about the lack of releases. why couldn't he get a twitter, and post 140 characters every six months? "working on album; not done yet." ok, good, see you in six months. instead, it's just a "possibly new aphex!" and then months of silence as you slowly realize it was another fuckoff. i probably would have thought "konklavier" hilarious if it hadn't gotten me hoping again for a brief moment. what am i supposed to do with this shit? keep coming back for more? i don't think so. i will write aphex releases myself!!! as best i can, anyways. probably won't be as good as his, but it's a hell of a lot better than being a tortured hound while master keeps dangling a milkbone just out of reach !

i do hope he releases something; it'd calm me down. unless it's more analord, in which case fuck him.

haha..81484047.jpg

ive gotten really good at not waiting for a release from an artist i like. i lsiten to other music i like and find new music and then when a new aphex album drops i'll be super fcuking stoked but i see no point in actively waiting and bitching about it.

i voted for boc because there was no tycho choice

:trashbear:

ffffuuuu_colored.jpg

:cisfor:

lol

sorry, had to

but seriously I almost don't even care about a new aphex anymore. it's been so long that the backlash would just be incredible. in all honesty, I think dick james is scared shitless of tarnishing his legendary status more than anything.

it's a shame really but it feels like he just disappeared up his own ass. obviously I'd welcome a new release with open arms but he isn't even on the shortt list of bands/artists I want a new release from most at this point.

I want new boc so I can read how everyone thinks it's not even as good as campfire headphase.

Guest Calx Sherbet
i do hope he releases something; it'd calm me down. unless it's more analord, in which case fuck him.

lol!

on a separate note regarding Aphex: you can joke about your life and stuff, and say you enjoy chasing sheep with your scout car (for all i know, Richard could be). but i agree with what beerwolf and hahathhat are saying. joking about the actual productivity, unless VERY obviously a joke, is tiresome. it would be nice to have one of two things: an album, or an answer. even if he truthfully said "no, not happenin", i'd be thrilled to actually know what's going on with him. people can bitch and say "get over it, and listen to somethin else. there's other artists besides him". well yea, no fuckin shit mate. i'd be perfectly happy with life if he officially stopped releasing music. he's not the center of my world.

but no matter how much you wander off into other territory, it still might be bugging you in the back of your mind. just wanting info is a sign he's an artist you care about. i'd rather do that than just think "fuck him, whatever". it may seem like nothing is gonna come out, but you never know. this isn't a matter of "i deserve an album", or "give me 20,000 twitter updates every day". i know fame isn't his dream, but he could change the game up by making an official announcement. it's a shame he doesn't.

seriously I almost don't even care about a new aphex anymore. it's been so long that the backlash would just be incredible. in all honesty, I think dick james is scared shitless of tarnishing his legendary status more than anything.

he probably DOES have music that raises the bar! he wouldn't have to make anything. but it all comes down to whether he wants to release that stuff or not, considering he's mentioned keeping his favourites private.

but even if he releases another album that isn't a masterpiece, i doubt it's truly not worth hearing. he doesn't need to live up to anything. even stuff like AB5 and GAK is great in my opinion. i doubt he is, but i hope he's not actually worried about it. after tons of acid music, i think plenty of people would be pleased with something that's at least a change of pace and style. even if it's nothing new, he can still give it character. as great as acid is, it's seems like it's become so dominant. imagine hearing more albums that are total drilling heart attacks. might be considered a really outdated sound by now (for some people). but it wouldn't matter. i'm not gonna put him on a pedestal just because of who he is. but he just always seems so promising (musically), that i have trouble NOT trusting that he'd make something awesome.

I want new boc so I can read how everyone thinks it's not even as good as campfire headphase.

this too.

Guest hahathhat

seriously I almost don't even care about a new aphex anymore. it's been so long that the backlash would just be incredible. in all honesty, I think dick james is scared shitless of tarnishing his legendary status more than anything.

he probably DOES have music that raises the bar! he wouldn't have to make anything. but it all comes down to whether he wants to release that stuff or not, considering he's mentioned keeping his favourites private.

it's appropriate to say his reputation is akin to a huge bank balance, and that he's living off the interest. his reputation is what gets him $ridiculous fees for festivals no questions asked, and it pushes rephlex along, convincing us young snappaz of its cachet, pwning our record dollarz. maybe there's even ego and self-worth tied into this 'reputation' too....

nutters, nerds, journalists, anoraks, stalkers, generic clever people, luke vibert, squarepusher etc. are all waiting to dissect whatever he puts out with a fucking elektron microscope. he probably feels that pressure at least a tad....

but even if he releases another album that isn't a masterpiece, i doubt it's truly not worth hearing. he doesn't need to live up to anything. even stuff like AB5 and GAK is great in my opinion. i doubt he is, but i hope he's not actually worried about it. after tons of acid music, i think plenty of people would be pleased with something that's at least a change of pace and style. even if it's nothing new, he can still give it character. as great as acid is, it's seems like it's become so dominant. imagine hearing more albums that are total drilling heart attacks. might be considered a really outdated sound by now (for some people). but it wouldn't matter. i'm not gonna put him on a pedestal just because of who he is. but he just always seems so promising (musically), that i have trouble NOT trusting that he'd make something awesome.

that's a thorny point. "worth hearing" is not exactly what i want. the tape tracks got properly leaked a month or three ago, and they were "worth hearing." they were lovely, really, but only in a seeing-the-sketch-that-preceded-the-painting sense. the analord b-sides left me underwhelmed..... both of them i listened through and then binned. really, there's a reason a lot of his unreleased stuff is unreleased. you get through a track and there are a couple good ideas, but it's otherwise forgettable. you do more tracks, more good ideas, still not epic. then you start stitching together the best of a few into one properly epic track, release that single, and bury the rest on a backup drive.

in short: it'd be lovely to see the doodles leonardo da vinci did in building up the mona lisa, but this is hardly as good as seeing a finished painting we've never seen before.

Guest Calx Sherbet

well and i'm talking about a finished album that's all fancied up, not a rough tape that leaked. but i see your point

AND if he had to actually make something, i really doubt he'd have to start from scratch if that's reasonable. he could build on what he has, and it wouldn't necessarily be a sound we've heard. although it would be awesome if he invented something completely new. that is serious pressure

edit: also, it's more about getting some news than the actual music at this stage of the game

Guest Calx Sherbet

too late to edit:

now that i think about it, did he ever really have a fear of living up to his past releases? he released the analord records (which of course are top notch in it's field) after releasing drukqs and windowlicker (which had the monstrous fame tied into it because of the video). and that was 3-4 years after all that. even just releasing drukqs after windowlicker alone. drukq's whole design was such a weird mix of music, it was a risk. it ended up working wonderfully, but it was still a risk that could've been a total flop (and it is to some, i'd guess). and it seems like his most personal work to date. i can't imagine he'd do something really beyond that (not quality speaking, but conceptually)

Guest sirch

I'd love for it to be Aphex or BoC, but I'm gonna have to go with Clark as he seems to release things the most frequently. I don't really follow Plaid so idk how to compare their release patterns. Aphex seems the least likely considering everything that's been said in the past and amounted to nothing. BoC is also very likely but as was mentioned I still can't believe anything about them til I see it.

judging by the amount of stuff all of the above mentioned artists have released over the last 5 years, EXCEPT BoC (who've released next to nothing since TCH in 2006), i'd say BoC will most probably not be next to release anything.

plus there's been no talk at all of a new Clark album coming soon, has there? (i dunno)

Aphex has the music, and so do Plaid, that's a fact. But BoC?? (lol) who knows wtf they're up to these days!! ???????????????

so i'd say the most likely would be Aphex or Plaid...

Guest sirch

I said Clark only for the simple fact that he's the only one on that list who is still actively releasing things.

Plaid are still actively releasing/doing things,.. remixing, doing constant gigs, film soundtracks, and they did that track for that Playstation game...

Plaid are actually the most active out of all of them!! lol

Guest AcrossCanyons

all of them will release a MEGA-UBER-ULTRA-DELUXE-SPLIT (vinyl only. only 22 copies in existence. no commercial release) it will be the greatest release known to human kind and will be locked away in the depths of the hexagon sun bunker at the base of mt. fuji (too bad none of us will ever be graced to hear it)

the slipcase will be made from pure elephant ivory and the blood of 1000 virgins

all of them will release a MEGA-UBER-ULTRA-DELUXE-SPLIT (vinyl only. only 22 copies in existence. no commercial release) it will be the greatest release known to human kind and will be locked away in the depths of the hexagon sun bunker at the base of mt. fuji (too bad none of us will ever be graced to hear it)

the slipcase will be made from pure elephant ivory and the blood of 1000 virgins

Think i'll wait until it's on discogs

Guest hahathhat

what if they all released one album together as a group. how about that watmm

how about that

what if your parents never met, karmakramer?

ever think about that ?

how about that

ever think about that ?

this is uncalled for and irrelevant to the topic

shame on you!

somebody should do this with releasedates by artists of this forum:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

A great idea, but there are still a couple caveats that need to be looked after. Should we not buy BOC because a new one might just be around the corner? That is, assuming we didn't got the last one. How would you deal with releases like the analords and the tuss. Do they get their own product-cycle?

somebody should do this with releasedates by artists of this forum:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

A great idea, but there are still a couple caveats that need to be looked after. Should we not buy BOC because a new one might just be around the corner? That is, assuming we didn't got the last one. How would you deal with releases like the analords and the tuss. Do they get their own product-cycle?

analord & tuss would count as RDJ releases. "do not buy" had to be replaced with the general current opinion @ watmm about the release (is it worth the wait etc) . also the topics here could be added to the rumor section below each artist.

I wonder if there is a template for this

how about that

ever think about that ?

this is uncalled for and irrelevant to the topic

shame on you!

That's kinda like, his thing...

Archived