IGNORED

Who will release first?

o00o

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will release first?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Warp has scheduled the BoC and Aphex releases for the end of the year. If we get nothing, then just :facepalm: to the infinite degree.

why people still think boc will release something?

Because Steve Beckett said so. Plus a black square which was not there before.

thats true he actually told me that boc will release before afx as I met him at warp20 in berlin. I totally forgot that :emotawesomepm9:

Guest hahathhat

I bet Warp has scheduled the BoC and Aphex releases for the end of the year. If we get nothing, then just :facepalm: to the infinite degree.

didn't steve beckett say so last year, about aphex? that's about when i started to get properly annoyed. it's just a jerkoff and i don't want to be a part of it any more

edit:

Richard ’Aphex Twin’ James, one of the leading electronic musicians of the past two decades, has – according to Warp Records boss Steve Beckett – a new album “definitely on its way”. Oh, and that’ll happen “hopefully this year.”

It’ll be the first proper Aphex album since 2001’s drukqs – though he has released a fair bit of material in that time, including ten Analord 12”s, the 26 Mixes for Cash compilation, and an album and EP as The Tuss – which may or may not have been him. But it probably was. He’s also been collaborating live with renowned sound artist Florian Hecker.

"We’re definitely going to be putting out a new album by him," Beckett told BBC 6 Music. "Hopefully it will be this year, if I can prise it out of his hands. It’s definitely on its way."

"I don’t know a single note or anything about it. It will be as much of a surprise to me as anyone else. Basically I find out what it sounds like when we go into the mastering room and he puts it – well how it used to be, he’ll put the DAT player in and there it’ll be – so that’s the first time I’ll hear it. Then I’ll go onto my knees and thank him and then we’ll put it out."

http://www.factmag.com/2009/03/18/steve-beckett-spills-beans-on-new-aphex/

that was in 2009, so it was two years ago that he said it'd be this year

Guest Calx Sherbet

i'm saying boards, just cuz of that black square...but clark has that split 7" or whatever coming out on record store day so are you asking who will release an album next?

ah yeah right I forgot about this. so yeah album is what I am talking about

the new boc album seems more likely than ever these days, but i still can't trust them. i am going with Clark. although Plaid could surprise us.

or Aphex Twin could see this thread, and put out an album next week

edit: holy shit, Joyrex voted for boc. he knows!

thats true he actually told me that boc will release before afx as I met him at warp20 in berlin. I totally forgot that :emotawesomepm9:

That was a safe bet on Steve's part, IMO :emotawesomepm9:

i'm saying boards, just cuz of that black square...but clark has that split 7" or whatever coming out on record store day so are you asking who will release an album next?

ah yeah right I forgot about this. so yeah album is what I am talking about

the new boc album seems more likely than ever these days, but i still can't trust them. i am going with Clark. although Plaid could surprise us.

or Aphex Twin could see this thread, and put out an album next week

edit: holy shit, Joyrex voted for boc. he knows!

:trap::boc:

I'm fairly confident Joyrex knows something and is using this time before the announcement to clean house, so that he can pave a brighter more "boc" hippy new age movement when all the pitchfork hipsters hear the news and want to share the excitement

Guest Calx Sherbet

that (aphex twin album announcement) was in 2009, so it was two years ago that he said it'd be next year.

has he ever gone back to that very obvious miscalculation? you'd think he'd at least explain what's up, or why he said that.

I'm fairly confident Joyrex knows something and is using this time before the announcement to clean house, so that he can pave a brighter more "boc" hippy new age movement when all the pitchfork hipsters hear the news and want to share the excitement

Truth be told, I haven't a clue - it's been pure Radio Silence for months now...

Guest hahathhat

that (aphex twin album announcement) was in 2009, so it was two years ago that he said it'd be next year.

has he ever gone back to that very obvious miscalculation? you'd think he'd at least explain what's up, or why he said that.

he probably really believed it !

imagine it went something like:

steve: hey richard, aphex album?

richard: i'm working on it.

steve: how soon? maybe this year?

richard: i don't know. i'll try.

then, steve goes on BBC 6 and is all NEW APHEX HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR.

that's my imaginative recreation, anyways.

Guest sirch

I don't know why people think that a new BoC album is right around the corner just because they've put some sort of "black square" on their site!?? seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously?????????????? LOL

i'd say, maybe Clark, maybe Aphex. but most probably Plaid. and maybe Boards later in the year. or it could be this but in reverse - very Boc, lol

Truth be told, I haven't a clue - it's been pure Radio Silence for months now...

calm before the storm

I don't know why people think that a new BoC album is right around the corner just because they've put some sort of "black square" on their site!?? seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously?????????????? LOL

i'd say, maybe Clark, maybe Aphex. but most probably Plaid. and maybe Boards later in the year. or it could be this but in reverse - very Boc, lol

LOL u have no idea either and neither do I or anyone else

so I guess the joke is on us

Guest sirch

i do have an idea but just don't want to say for definite. :) but i would say that BoC are the least likely of the 4 to release anything first, and Plaid are the most likely to release first. But, there's a good chance that Aphex/Clark might come before Plaid, from what i've heard.

i do have an idea but just don't want to say for definite. :) but i would say that BoC are the least likely of the 4 to release anything first, and Plaid are the most likely to release first. But, there's a good chance that Aphex/Clark might come before Plaid, from what i've heard.

how much of an idea do u have? cause I lied to protect myself........ I also have an idea, but I am not sure if your idea is more than mine. I doubt your idea is better.

so whose laughing now

Plaid might release another anime soundtrack before BoC. Scintilli probably sounded really dated a few months after it was originally supposed to be released, so they just said fuck it.

I'm having such a cynical day today!

Guest sirch

how much of an idea do u have? cause I lied to protect myself........ I also have an idea, but I am not sure if your idea is more than mine. I doubt your idea is better.

so whose laughing now

lol, me... :D

Guest sirch

Plaid might release another anime soundtrack before BoC. Scintilli probably sounded really dated a few months after it was originally supposed to be released, so they just said fuck it.

I'm having such a cynical day today!

watmm user 'theplaided' received an email from Plaid recently about Scintilli. check the Plaid forum if you're interested.

Scintilli will come before any more soundtracks. and i'll bet before any BoC. but Aphex is a high possibility to be next...

calm before the storm

And notice how he capitalized Radio Silence?!?

68h4zr.png

so whose laughing now

lol, me... :D

haha very funny

u think u r so smart, well I guess we will find out whose idea is more

For whoever brought up Autechre, there is not much speculation involved with them as they pretty much release new stuff every 2 years like clockwork.

calm before the storm

And notice how he capitalized Radio Silence?!?

it must be one of the new track names :emotawesomepm9:

Archived