IGNORED

what happened to wake

acidphakist

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big credit to both Chaosmachine and Joyrex for allowing this thread to exist. Beyond that, I don't have anything to add that I haven't said on other occasions, as this seems to be a recurring thing.

Like many others, I really like watmm, and spend most of my online life here. A really unique community was allowed to flourish here. And Joyrex has never been anything but civil with me, even if I haven't always agreed with his decisions. Hope it can continue on.

No, really, I shouldn't act like that and then expect you lot to not respond in kind - I think sometimes I let the frustration get the better of me, and I should set a better example.

Also, that "we do not have a relationship with you" comment was uncalled for, and untrue - while I don't know any of you on a personal basis, you all do matter to the site as without all the interesting and talented members, this wouldn't be one of the best, if not, dare I say, the best electronic music community online. I do appreciate and value everyone's input and wanting to make the forums the best they can be.

:D

watmm rules. Fucking period.

Jeez, everything is happy again.

For Now.

I like how the mood of the thread changed from angry/sad/bitter/spiteful to awwww joyrex is such a great guy :D

Works for me :sup:

Guest placidburp

Have the creators of That Other Site™ done anything illegal? Because, if they really did copy code that chaos wrote himself, it certainly sounds that way.

Joyrex/Chaos, would you consider taking legal action? Or is that a massive pain in the arse?

There's no point, it will just fizzle out in a few weeks just like ltm.com did! If any real content gets posted there it would just get over taken by pictures of trannies and fucking stupid '3D sup' emoticons! Its a joke and will never be taken seriously no matter how much people would like to think it will!

The whole reason this site works is because that nonsense is not allowed here, and fucking rightly so!

edit: I realise the irony of this post with hulk hogan emulating max twatridge's avatar!

There's no point, it will just fizzle out in a few weeks just like ltm.com did! If any real content gets posted there it would just get over taken by pictures of trannies and fucking stupid '3D sup' emoticons! Its a joke and will never be taken seriously no matter how much people would like to think it will!

The whole reason this site works is because that nonsense is not allowed here, and fucking rightly so!

edit: I realise the irony of this post with hulk hogan emulating max twatridge's avatar!

:facepalm: !!

the legality of plagiarising code depends on the license chaos applied to the original.

if it's GPL or Berkeley or whatever license, then sharing is ok as long as it's made explicit the code is taken from elsewhere (the distinction between the two i mention has to do with profiting from said code)

if it's a commercial license like the microsoft EULA then commence suing into oblivion in 5...

if it's unlicensed code then who the fuck knows

Big credit to both Chaosmachine and Joyrex for allowing this thread to exist. Beyond that, I don't have anything to add that I haven't said on other occasions, as this seems to be a recurring thing.

Like many others, I really like watmm, and spend most of my online life here. A really unique community was allowed to flourish here. And Joyrex has never been anything but civil with me, even if I haven't always agreed with his decisions. Hope it can continue on.

agreed

Wake got banned for not liking Tortoise. I approve of this.

not true, but i think everyone who has a problem with tortoise should be banned

Guest glasse

What if you generally like them, but think TNT was underproduced and Standards was overproduced?

What if you generally like them, but think TNT was underproduced and Standards was overproduced?

you're safe enough. but at the same time i think that tnt was just fine and although standards had problems the intro track was one of the best tracks they've ever done.

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zuqICJiCPE&feature=related

this is pretty much perfect, no backsies. john herndon is a fucking machine.

here here, well said. I love this community. Since the day I stumbled upon it, I check it about 10 times a day ( :facepalm: ) I love it!

i've been reading, lurking or participating in this site for the better part of 8 years or so now and i still have no idea why someone would want a bunch of dupe accounts. what for?

i've been reading, lurking or participating in this site for the better part of 8 years or so now and i still have no idea why someone would want a bunch of dupe accounts. what for?

only reason I can think of is to promote their own work or posts or something...

well that and to troll DUH

the internet is hilarious, this would never happen irl

it can, given the right conditions. give some lads 60mg of adderall followed by large quantities of liquor. you'll have massive drama about five or six hours later.... a fistfight and then a tearful "i'm sorry i love you"

the chemical equivalent of what running a message board does to a man.

No, really, I shouldn't act like that and then expect you lot to not respond in kind - I think sometimes I let the frustration get the better of me, and I should set a better example.

Also, that "we do not have a relationship with you" comment was uncalled for, and untrue - while I don't know any of you on a personal basis, you all do matter to the site as without all the interesting and talented members, this wouldn't be one of the best, if not, dare I say, the best electronic music community online. I do appreciate and value everyone's input and wanting to make the forums the best they can be.

I really appreciate this comment. A lot. I'm glad you can show your human side. That's when my respect starts to flow.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I thought Wake was a chubby ugly girl but even then with that bias Wake seemed to be too desperate to be smart & funny than even the ugliest of female.

hahahaha wut?

wat

lol

plenty more Wake's in the sea (get it?)

Haha, I'm sleep deprived but even I had to reread that sentence twice thinking it was fuct up. Third read it makes sense to me at least haha.

(Wake's member gender said female, Wake posted some pics of what looked like a chubby-ish vague girl in the most recent pics pr something & it seemed like people treated Wake like they was a girl quite a few times.)((So yeah, I didn't think Wake a girl even though I had these preconceptions that were apparently fictional))(((even still any member that is supposedly female on watmm that is not weed seems like a lot less of a bag of shit than they are by comparison)))

the internet is hilarious, this would never happen irl

it can, given the right conditions. give some lads 10mg of adderall followed by large quantities of liquor. you'll have massive drama about five or six hours later.... a fistfight and then a tearful "i'm sorry i love you"

the chemical equivalent of what running a message board does to a man.

I just sometimes don't think carefully enough about what I post before I post it, especially when I'm frustrated (or in this case, a combination of both frustration and being in a hurry)

Have the creators of That Other Site™ done anything illegal? Because, if they really did copy code that chaos wrote himself, it certainly sounds that way.

Joyrex/Chaos, would you consider taking legal action? Or is that a massive pain in the arse?

More a pain than anything else - there's content on that site that violates their hosts' TOS, but obviously the host (aka the MO of most budget hosts - profits over service) doesn't care. If I were them, I'd be more concerned about using a pirated IPB board (and being two point versions behind; there's some major security holes in 3.1.2) *winks to watmm.com hacker* :emotawesomepm9:

If Invision Power Services were to ever find out...

Archived