IGNORED

Lars Von Trier expelled from Cannes after Nazi comments

Npoess

He was just saying that his family were nazis. And then when he saw the pathetic, PC does not compute cause we work in the film industry so freak out at this topic, he took it further.

I think initially he was trying to be light hearted, with his nonchalant response where he says that his family were nazis, which they probably were. Very many Germans and other europeans were in or associated with the nazi party. But then when you can hear the room grimace, he just went. "Fuck it, and fuck you pathetic fake arse mother fuckers, I like hitler too. How you like them apples.".

Well that's how i read it from the clip i saw on CNN or wherever. Maybe if you hear the question, and more of the panel interview, and know more about the guy's responses in the past, you can come up with a different interpretation, I don't know. This was my gut reaction to the brief clipd that i saw.

He was very sarcastic and at the same time willing to put the needle deeper into the flesh of the interviewer when he saw her *I am a blonde girl I.. I.. ERROR* reaction

You should be able to say stuff like this without people getting offended but it seems you cannot. The same reason you can argue back and forth on whether the infamous Muhammed cartoons were justifiable or not.

The same reason why you can't make light of racism on watmm without someone coming down on you like a ton of bricks.

Seems Danes are getting renound for sitting on their high chairs and poking fun at sensitive subjects.

It's all very ridiculous if you think about it.

This just goes to show that Trier - with his explicit and odd sense of humour - only can exist freely within the limits of Denmark.

And that international journalists has got no sense of humour.

I find it hilarious.

Yup!

You should be able to say stuff like this without people getting offended but it seems you cannot. The same reason you can argue back and forth on whether the infamous Muhammed cartoons were justifiable or not.

The same reason why you can't make light of racism on watmm without someone coming down on you like a ton of bricks.

Seems Danes are getting renound for sitting on their high chairs and poking fun at sensitive subjects.

It's all very ridiculous if you think about it.

i dont think its as much about ppl being offended as it is about him being a total moron

Guest Ranky Redlof

he isn't a nazi, he just hates people

and lol at cannes doing the very fascist thing of shutting him up for something lame like this

cannes sucks anyway

he isn't a nazi, he just hates people

and lol at cannes doing the very fascist thing of shutting him up for something lame like this

cannes sucks anyway

Hates people ey. I can understand why having met a few myself. They don't endear themselves to you when you reflect too deeply about what they are and how they behave.

*/gets back to trying to be more hopeful, as the dreaded Von Trier depression passes. Like an afternoon squall racing out to sea to be swallowed up by the horizon.

mleh, dunst is getting old ey.

Man, I never get tired of that meme. The "Who want's my ticket?" line was masterful.

That is fucking perfect. Amazing how fast the net moves these days.

Archived