IGNORED

Nick Drake Appreciation Thread

Squee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great Godwin, I'd never heard that before.
Jackson C. Frank is also someone to check out, Drake covered numerous tracks of his, not as lucid as Drake but great his own right.

allow me to be the most uncool person here and admit i found out about Nick Drake through the famed Volkswagen commercial

Guest disparaissant

allow me to be the most uncool person here and admit i found out about Nick Drake through the famed Volkswagen commercial

i love that commercial, mostly because pink moon is all about death and dying and how we are all going to die and there is no escaping it. WE'rE SO HAPPY IN OUR NEW GOlF AHAHA WE R GONNA DYE

Guest murphythecat8

Nick Drkae is a amazing artist. one of the best guitarist of the 70's... I used to listen to him much more then I do now. I used to listne often to Pink moon. so sad he dies so young. He is so talented, such a guitarist, nice voice too. I should listen to him more often actually.

He reminds me of Chris whitley. I used to listne to those two guys over and over a couple years ago.

anyone who dont know chris whitley, should!

Edited by murphythecat8

Can anyone recommend me any other Nick Drake tunes that have the same melancholic sound as Riverman?

I don't think anything in his discography compares to Riverman. Three Hours this is great though and comes right after Riverman on Five Leaves Left.

• 8 months later...

In love with the 'Time of No Reply' album at the moment, love this tune, especially that bit at around 1:40. It was stuck in my head all day, I was wondering from which song it came from, then I realized it was this one alright

• 6 years later...
On 5/10/2013 at 9:23 PM, Squee said:

Can anyone recommend me any other Nick Drake tunes that have the same melancholic sound as Riverman?

Bit late but i always got the same vibe off man in a shed, even though if i can remember correctly its in a major key.

• 1 month later...