IGNORED

E3 2011

delet...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 10 minutes left. Only one semi-exciting announcement.

They better fucking show Half-Life 3 or something like that in order to save this!

Do people really want to stand up infront of their 360's to play Minecraft? Surely you can opt out Kinnect and play it with a controller? How would that work exactly?

OMG HALO 4! :cisfor:

New Trilogy.

I'm a sucker for Halo, so that was pretty exciting.

Edit: But all that Kinect wank was weak, and pretty awful conference overall.

Guest Gary C

I saw a very weak trailer for Aliens Colonial Marines. No gameplay footage, annoying voiceover and then a very underwhelming shot of the alien.

I still hold faint hopes for that game, but I'm imagining that I won't even want to buy it.

go to the IP address that is shown in that trailer you saw, to see the same trailer but with some actual gameplay footage :sorcerer:

Thanks. That was hardly worth it though.

I liked what I saw.

But people are complaining that all the games they showed were controlled with the Kinect, but what they don't seem to understand is that these games SUPPORT Kinect and is not a requirement.

dleetrs notes on microsoft presentation.

- Lol at Fable crisis (movement on rails)

- lol @ disney wheeling out it's slave children

- Massive lag in star wars on rails venture

- lol @ 2-3 microsoft marketing ppl resident in the audience, going 'woo' occasionally and failing at getting any traction.

- My brother pointed out that they didn't mention the use that kinect would be most useful for, hentai games

- Dance lag was better, but there should have been a processor in the kinect.

/back to watching yum yum.

UGH AMERICAN KIDS HAMMING IT UP FUCK OFF DISNEY

ALSO WELL DONE MINECRAFT

rsicraft

But you can't just switch the inputs. Dealing with a high latency & inaccurate input requires very large gameplay changes. I don't have high hopes to see 2 control modes fully fleshed out. Maybe for games that had controller input before. But that Crytek or Star Wars game? How is that going to be engaging with a controller? They're like the on-rails arcade shooters, except you're moving around like an idiot.

I liked what I saw.

But people are complaining that all the games they showed were controlled with the Kinect, but what they don't seem to understand is that these games SUPPORT Kinect and is not a requirement.

Please explain what you liked?

Of course people are complaining about the Kinect games/features shown. It's just some stupid voice features and some laggy motion controlling. Did you watch the Star Wars demo? I'm sure glad I haven't brought a Kinect.

Most games shown has already been announced. I personally would have loved some more new announcements, that's why you watch E3 isn't it? And generally it looks like Microsofts game line-up of good games, in the next year looks very thin, compared to previous years.

Tomb Raider and Halo Anniversary looked great. But I find it really hard to get exciting about anything I saw.

Guest Gary C

delet said it, but these on-rail games are the most :facepalm: I've seen in years. Lazy bastard creators.

I saw a very weak trailer for Aliens Colonial Marines. No gameplay footage, annoying voiceover and then a very underwhelming shot of the alien.

I still hold faint hopes for that game, but I'm imagining that I won't even want to buy it.

go to the IP address that is shown in that trailer you saw, to see the same trailer but with some actual gameplay footage :sorcerer:

Thanks. That was hardly worth it though.

yeah i know it's not much...

to be honest though, after the piece of shit that was AvP 2010, i am going to be steering quite clear of this one until reviews come in. then again, it is Gearbox developing this one, so it could be just fine

Just curious, do any of you have a kinect and still use it? I only have about 4 xbox buddies, and none of them have it.

Infact none of my friends do motion control gaming.

Wow... just, wow.

I really thought Microsoft would use this opportunity to a) Kick Sony when it's "down" (lol), and b) Keep anything Nintendo shows minimized by showing off something amazing.

They did neither.

What's this fascination with Kinect? Sure, I know they've pumped loads of cash into it's development, but for awhile there, I thought I was watching a Wii-era Nintendo keynote with all the "family fun" crap they were showing. Kinect would be a bit more bearable if there wasn' the horrible lag (that Kinect Sports golf demo was the worst, with perhaps the exception of the Star Wars lightsaber swinging where the on-screen stuff happened visibly seconds later...

Sony and Nintendo had better bring out the big guns and blow Microsoft out of the water - now's the time - strike it when it's weak!

Wow, what do you know..Gears of War 3 looks corny as fuck. Watching Ice T read the scripted shit is facepalm in to infinity.

back during the presentation, i took a bathroom break and when i came back my brother said that "icecube was playing gears of war" and that he was "one of the voices in gears"/

Intrigued and clueless about that game, except for the fact that i gave up playing it five minutes in, my gaze was drawn to the screen, only to see that it was fucking "ice t not ice cube". To wit my brother dismissively says, "well one of those iced drink guys"

To which a snorted back, "Well one of them you put in the other".

He spat out his cheetos.

(well we enjoyed the double implications of the deal, at least ;-p, screw you guys, in advance. :sorcerer: )

that Gears of War 3 demo was nice visually, but those voices have got to go - I felt like I was watching a 80's Saturday morning cartoon like the Power Mingers or something...

that Gears of War 3 demo was nice visually, but those voices have got to go - I felt like I was watching a 80's Saturday morning cartoon like the Power Mingers or something...

Honestly, there were no zingers. Nintendo is going to bone, with their wow factor. As for Sony, it will be more of the same. But with better interface options.

Well there was ghost recon, but who's gonna play that on a console.

I liked what I saw.

Of course people are complaining about the Kinect games/features shown. It's just some stupid voice features and some laggy motion controlling. Did you watch the Star Wars demo? I'm sure glad I haven't brought a Kinect.

Most games shown has already been announced. I personally would have loved some more new announcements, that's why you watch E3 isn't it? And generally it looks like Microsofts game line-up of good games, in the next year looks very thin, compared to previous years.

Tomb Raider and Halo Anniversary looked great. But I find it really hard to get exciting about anything I saw.

Sure.

I'm glad they decided to focus more on the hardcore than they did last year.

I had seen the Star Wars demo earlier and I knew it was going to be terrible. Beyond terrible. As a matter of fact I'm not interested in Kinect features in hardcore games until they actually help to immerse the gamer into the game, and no I don't feel like shouting out commands to my Xbox but the Fun Labs looks kinda fun. Nonetheless it showed off some cool technology. Plus, it's for kids, you know. Find your inner child or some shit. What they showed off for Ghost Recon looked kinda cool but I wouldn't want to control the game with the kinect.

But apart from the shitty Kinect stuff (except from Sesame Street - I love me some Sesame Street) they showed off exactly the games I want to play and that makes me happy. Microsoft is focusing on making the Xbox brand into an entertainment brand so that's why you see all these things that doesn't tickle the hardcore gamer's fancy ("Where's my megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm game", asks the hardcore gamer)but the journalists will write about it, so the parents will know about it and decide to buy their kids a 360 over a PS3.

Apart from that I know that there will be a bunch of great games (Skyrim, Batman: Arakham City, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, From Dust, Battlefield 3, BioShock Infinite and so on) coming up the all consoles the next 12 months which will keep me entertained right until next E3. Then it'll be another year and they'll announce their new console at E3 2013.

But I just like games and I'm not pro any console. As long as it keeps me entertained.

Gears of War has always been pure facepalm.

"But I just like games and I'm not pro any console. As long as it keeps me entertained."

Truthwang right there.

I liked what I saw.

Sure.

I'm glad they decided to focus more on the hardcore than they did last year.

I had seen the Star Wars demo earlier and I knew it was going to be terrible. Beyond terrible. As a matter of fact I'm not interested in Kinect features in hardcore games until they actually help to immerse the gamer into the game, and no I don't feel like shouting out commands to my Xbox but the Fun Labs looks kinda fun. Nonetheless it showed off some cool technology. Plus, it's for kids, you know. Find your inner child or some shit. What they showed off for Ghost Recon looked kinda cool but I wouldn't want to control the game with the kinect.

But apart from the shitty Kinect stuff (except from Sesame Street - I love me some Sesame Street) they showed off exactly the games I want to play and that makes me happy. Microsoft is focusing on making the Xbox brand into an entertainment brand so that's why you see all these things that doesn't tickle the hardcore gamer's fancy ("Where's my megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm game", asks the hardcore gamer)but the journalists will write about it, so the parents will know about it and decide to buy their kids a 360 over a PS3.

Apart from that I know that there will be a bunch of great games (Skyrim, Batman: Arakham City, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, From Dust, Battlefield 3, BioShock Infinite and so on) coming up the all consoles the next 12 months which will keep me entertained right until next E3. Then it'll be another year and they'll announce their new console at E3 2013.

But I just like games and I'm not pro any console. As long as it keeps me entertained.

Gears of War has always been pure facepalm.

seriously? I guess I've never seen the single-player campaign videos before, because if those voices have been there since the beginning... fuuuuuuu

Archived