IGNORED

E3 2011

delet...

medium_medium_new_nintendo_console_detail_01.jpg

Kind of looks like a mini version of the old white Xbox 360?

I might have overheard it, but does the Wii U support HD, and will it be as powerful as the 360 & PS3 as it was rumored to be?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

medium_medium_new_nintendo_console_detail_01.jpg

I might have overheard it, but does the Wii U support HD, and will it be as powerful as the 360 & PS3 as it was rumored to be?

Yes, they mentioned this about 10 times.

wii u is the name of the new console?

Yes

i dont even own a current gen console, i own retro stuff and a pc, im still waiting for someone to bring me a package and list of games that im interested in, also add a fucking keyboard to a console and ill be sold, i dont like having to upgrade my pc every year just to play the best games that 1 console can play over many years. fucking tards

Ya just need an old PC + emulator + logitech gamepad + TV out, and you're done forever!

i can do that now, its fine for old stuff sure but i still want to be able to play current and next gen games on a console with a keyboard and mouse setup. that way i just have to buy a console and it will keep me in good stead for many years instead of constantly upgrading an expensive pc unit.

and nintendo plunges deeper into its long, depraved identity crisis.

only thing that interests me right now skytim, which looks amazing. the animation for those dragons is insane!

wii u is the name of the new console?

Suddenly "Project Cafe" sounds pretty good :emotawesomepm9:

I figured out what it means... Wii U(pgrade) (contrary to what Nintendo says it means)

i dont even own a current gen console, i own retro stuff and a pc, im still waiting for someone to bring me a package and list of games that im interested in, also add a fucking keyboard to a console and ill be sold, i dont like having to upgrade my pc every year just to play the best games that 1 console can play over many years. fucking tards

Ya just need an old PC + emulator + logitech gamepad + TV out, and you're done forever!

i can do that now, its fine for old stuff sure but i still want to be able to play current and next gen games on a console with a keyboard and mouse setup. that way i just have to buy a console and it will keep me in good stead for many years instead of constantly upgrading an expensive pc unit.

The PS3 supports any USB keyboard. Sony even has a wireless bluetooth one coming out later this year, with a IBM ThinkPad style nub in the centre for mouse navigation in the web browser that's built into the PS3.

Your frustration is the main reason I don't game on a PC - too much of a hassle, and too expensive - most graphics cards cost almost as much (in some cases more) than a console, and most people need to replace their graphics cards every 2-3 years to keep on the bleeding edge. No thank you!

a controller isnt natural for fps games, i hate controllers, i just want keyboard and proper mouse support then ill be sold, i dont see why this is so bloody hard for them to do?!

a controller isnt natural for fps games, i hate controllers, i just want keyboard and proper mouse support then ill be sold, i dont see why this is so bloody hard for them to do?!

because the console games are hard coded for aim assist.

You can do what I do and just completely ignore every FPS on a console. Just play games that are built with the console's controller in mind.

:facepalm: not this again.

PC Master Race in this mother fucker, dawg

Respect your elders

You can do what I do and just completely ignore every FPS on a console. Just play games that are built with the console's controller in mind.

too true. while, arguably, the PC excels with FPS games and indie stuff, the consoles will always be the best choice for other types of games. Obel mentioned it in the other game thread when i lamented the lack of MK9 for PC...he mentioned how the controls are shit. on a PC, using the keyboard for a beat 'em up? yeah, it's totally shit. consoles blaze through with other stuff. PCs blaze through with their stuff.

How did this turn into a controller vs. mouse discussion?

i think what should be pertinent here is:

why are people not complaining about the size and heft of the Wii U controller, when everyone was kicking off about the Atari Jaguar controller? consistency, none applies.

The 'U' makes sense to me -- it represents the gaming connection from the screen to the controller and back. Yeah.

too true. while, arguably, the PC excels with FPS games and indie stuff, the consoles will always be the best choice for other types of games. Obel mentioned it in the other game thread when i lamented the lack of MK9 for PC...he mentioned how the controls are shit. on a PC, using the keyboard for a beat 'em up? yeah, it's totally shit. consoles blaze through with other stuff. PCs blaze through with their stuff.

I have a HRAP3 arcade stick that I can use on my PS3 and PC. You can use a PS3/hacked 360 controller on the PC as well. I think the real problem is that the PC gets almost no support.

How did this turn into a controller vs. mouse discussion?

i think what should be pertinent here is:

why are people not complaining about the size and heft of the Wii U controller, when everyone was kicking off about the Atari Jaguar controller? consistency, none applies.

I quite like the look of that new Wii console's controller, and I can't even explain why. I'll probably change my mind once I hold it, but right now I'm kind of impressed.

A mouse isn't natural for an fps either:

doom-ii.jpg

A mouse isn't natural for an fps either:

doom-ii.jpg

you are wrong, in my experience at least.

WASD + mouse is imo the most natural interface for an FPS i'd ever used. you can't look up or down in doom ffs.

Archived