IGNORED

E3 2011

delet...

what's with the extremely shitty video resolution on the gametrailers stream?

even though im sick of the milking of modern warfare, mw3 does look like fun. lol at the haters in the chat / comments section.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ricky Downtown

damn, where can i see skyrim?? did i miss it?

psyched to check out mass effect 3

I liked what I saw.

But people are complaining that all the games they showed were controlled with the Kinect, but what they don't seem to understand is that these games SUPPORT Kinect and is not a requirement.

Please explain what you liked?

Of course people are complaining about the Kinect games/features shown. It's just some stupid voice features and some laggy motion controlling. Did you watch the Star Wars demo? I'm sure glad I haven't brought a Kinect.

Most games shown has already been announced. I personally would have loved some more new announcements, that's why you watch E3 isn't it? And generally it looks like Microsofts game line-up of good games, in the next year looks very thin, compared to previous years.

Tomb Raider and Halo Anniversary looked great. But I find it really hard to get exciting about anything I saw.

Sure.

I'm glad they decided to focus more on the hardcore than they did last year.

I had seen the Star Wars demo earlier and I knew it was going to be terrible. Beyond terrible. As a matter of fact I'm not interested in Kinect features in hardcore games until they actually help to immerse the gamer into the game, and no I don't feel like shouting out commands to my Xbox but the Fun Labs looks kinda fun. Nonetheless it showed off some cool technology. Plus, it's for kids, you know. Find your inner child or some shit. What they showed off for Ghost Recon looked kinda cool but I wouldn't want to control the game with the kinect.

But apart from the shitty Kinect stuff (except from Sesame Street - I love me some Sesame Street) they showed off exactly the games I want to play and that makes me happy. Microsoft is focusing on making the Xbox brand into an entertainment brand so that's why you see all these things that doesn't tickle the hardcore gamer's fancy ("Where's my megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm game", asks the hardcore gamer)but the journalists will write about it, so the parents will know about it and decide to buy their kids a 360 over a PS3.

Apart from that I know that there will be a bunch of great games (Skyrim, Batman: Arakham City, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, From Dust, Battlefield 3, BioShock Infinite and so on) coming up the all consoles the next 12 months which will keep me entertained right until next E3. Then it'll be another year and they'll announce their new console at E3 2013.

But I just like games and I'm not pro any console. As long as it keeps me entertained.

that Gears of War 3 demo was nice visually, but those voices have got to go - I felt like I was watching a 80's Saturday morning cartoon like the Power Mingers or something...

Gears of War has always been pure facepalm.

seriously? I guess I've never seen the single-player campaign videos before, because if those voices have been there since the beginning... fuuuuuuu

Yeah, well that's just my brain being 60-years-old. I've had enough of stupid Call of Duty and Gears of War games. Big explosions will no longer give me 'splosion boners and cool one-liners have always been like needles in my ears. I fucking hate that Michael Bay-everything-blows-up-around-you crap. It's pretty but not entertaining. It's boring. You get dragged through an environment and you do not have one second for yourself so you get a chance to delve into the world. Gears of War isn't as ridiculous but I still think it's pretty fucking stupid.

I liked what I saw.

But people are complaining that all the games they showed were controlled with the Kinect, but what they don't seem to understand is that these games SUPPORT Kinect and is not a requirement.

Of course people are complaining about the Kinect games/features shown. It's just some stupid voice features and some laggy motion controlling. Did you watch the Star Wars demo? I'm sure glad I haven't brought a Kinect.

Most games shown has already been announced. I personally would have loved some more new announcements, that's why you watch E3 isn't it? And generally it looks like Microsofts game line-up of good games, in the next year looks very thin, compared to previous years.

Tomb Raider and Halo Anniversary looked great. But I find it really hard to get exciting about anything I saw.

Sure.

I had seen the Star Wars demo earlier and I knew it was going to be terrible. Beyond terrible. As a matter of fact I'm not interested in Kinect features in hardcore games until they actually help to immerse the gamer into the game, and no I don't feel like shouting out commands to my Xbox but the Fun Labs looks kinda fun. Nonetheless it showed off some cool technology. Plus, it's for kids, you know. Find your inner child or some shit. What they showed off for Ghost Recon looked kinda cool but I wouldn't want to control the game with the kinect.

But apart from the shitty Kinect stuff (except from Sesame Street - I love me some Sesame Street) they showed off exactly the games I want to play and that makes me happy. Microsoft is focusing on making the Xbox brand into an entertainment brand so that's why you see all these things that doesn't tickle the hardcore gamer's fancy ("Where's my megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm game", asks the hardcore gamer)but the journalists will write about it, so the parents will know about it and decide to buy their kids a 360 over a PS3.

Apart from that I know that there will be a bunch of great games (Skyrim, Batman: Arakham City, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, From Dust, Battlefield 3, BioShock Infinite and so on) coming up the all consoles the next 12 months which will keep me entertained right until next E3. Then it'll be another year and they'll announce their new console at E3 2013.

But I just like games and I'm not pro any console. As long as it keeps me entertained.

that Gears of War 3 demo was nice visually, but those voices have got to go - I felt like I was watching a 80's Saturday morning cartoon like the Power Mingers or something...

I'm probably going to sound like one of those stupid Call Of Duty bro's now, but isn't the hardcore gamers the ones who's been the Xbox's livelihood so far? I think microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot by doing all these family friendly games. I just don't think they can compete with Nintendo on that area. They should focus on the crowd they been successful with so far. But you can't blame them for trying, I just seems like Kinect is a poor attempt.

I don't give a fuck about the "megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm games" like you called them. I'm so sick of Call of Duty and Gears of War etc. (GoW3 and CoD.MW3 both looked like a big snorefest, no innovation at all). If you only knew how much ranting I've been doing over all of these "shooting zombies and terrorists in the faces, explosions everywhere type of games" that's being released nowadays.

But you're right, i forgot about games like BF3, BioShock Infinite, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Skyrim. Maybe it's not that bad after all. But the Xbox is probably going to lack some innovative titles. It doens't seem like there's going to be a Limbo this year. The Last Guardian for Xbox plz

Edit: Btw what is From Dust?

skyrim??

Look up, stick your tongue out.

It'll happen.

Dragons are tall.

:wtf:

I liked what I saw.

Sure.

I'm probably going to sound like one of those stupid Call Of Duty bro's now, but isn't the hardcore gamers the ones who's been the Xbox's livelihood so far? I think microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot by doing all these family friendly games. I just don't think they can compete with Nintendo on that area. They should focus on the crowd they been successful with so far. But you can't blame them for trying, I just seems like Kinect is a poor attempt.

I don't give a fuck about the "megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm games" like you called them. I'm so sick of Call of Duty and Gears of War etc. (GoW3 and CoD.MW3 both looked like a big snorefest, no innovation at all).

But you're right, i forgot about games like BF3, BioShock Infinite and Skyrim. Maybe it's not that bad after all. But the Xbox is probably going to lack some innovative titles. It doens't seem like there's going to be a Limbo this year. The Last Guardian for Xbox plz

Those games are 'hardcore' in the way things were 'extreme', in the 90s. They're mostly dumbed down lowest common denominator newb games. Crafted so that the pleb can feel like a hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

there are certainly situations where posting that video is called for, this isn't one of them.

this is supposed to be the future damnit, give me hd, or atleast anything that doesn't look like some 1995 realplayer stream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

there are certainly situations where posting that video is called for, this isn't one of them.

this is supposed to be the future damnit, give me hd, or atleast anything that doesn't look like some 1995 realplayer stream.

Yes, i mentioned this earlier. Last year we had an HD stream. Not having one is gae. It's ok when you're watching heads blab on. But when you go in game, and it decrystallizes into blubby mud trails and you lose the detail, geh.

I liked what I saw.

Sure.

I don't give a fuck about the "megasaurus Michael Bay shitstorm games" like you called them. I'm so sick of Call of Duty and Gears of War etc. (GoW3 and CoD.MW3 both looked like a big snorefest, no innovation at all). If you only knew how much ranting I've been doing over all of these "shooting zombies and terrorists in the faces, explosions everywhere type of games" that's being released nowadays.

But you're right, i forgot about games like BF3, BioShock Infinite, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Skyrim. Maybe it's not that bad after all. But the Xbox is probably going to lack some innovative titles. It doens't seem like there's going to be a Limbo this year. The Last Guardian for Xbox plz

Edit: Btw what is From Dust?

From Dust will be this year's Limbo though it's not a platformer and it's out for PSN as well. But if you've played Populous 3 before you'll be excited about From Dust.

Actually, Microsoft have sold over 10 mio copies of Kinect which means that 20% of every Xbox360 owner has a Kinect and I'm sure they want to sell even more of them :)

Now I'm just wondering how much ill have to spend on a new gcard to play it haha, but yeah that demo shat all over mw3 and that just some tanks in a desert! *dribble*

Now I'm just wondering how much ill have to spend on a new gcard to play it haha, but yeah that demo shat all over mw3 and that just some tanks in a desert! *dribble*

Here you go, Kaen

They specifically build Jeff Geerstman a new PC so he can run BF3 when it comes out.

i'm impressed with microsoft but i'm really more into nintendo and waiting for that. i'm not a "casual gamer" but i love nintendo franchises... zelda. zole!

this shit is so cheesy. Never watched it before. I'm just watching this stupid playstation move shit. I don't care about the move or the NGP at all. bioshock infinite looks good, I guess. all I care about is good games, all I see is gimmicks.

Archived