IGNORED

You've Come a Long Way Baby VS. Entroducing

vamos scorcho

Guest beatfanatic

i cant tell if you just spelling the album title wrong just by mistake or do you actually think its "Entroducing"??

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
both artists are largely sample based. the purpose of the thread title was to draw attention to the near consensual acceptance of the opinion that DJ Shadow is/was a great artist and Fatboy Slim is an outdated 90s jokester making beat music for retards

Well put.

i cant tell if you just spelling the album title wrong just by mistake or do you actually think its "Entroducing"??

Ah so it's enDtroducing,I never noticed that before. Oh well it's not like I was missing out on a particularly witty portmanteau is it?

Guest beatfanatic

As much as I love DJ Shadow and Endtroducing (I can probably replay the whole album in my head), the Outsider and Hard Sell were both pretty crap.

Totally agree with this. I cant stand The Outsider and I am not feeling "I Gotta RokK" ep that he put out recently but Endtroducing + Psyence Fiction + The Private Press + The Pre-emptive Strike + In Tune & In Time mix is all top quality stuff.

As much as I do like Endtroducing, I gotta go with Fatboy Slim... I was listening to that one and other Fatboy Slim way before I was into Shadow, and it's still got some pretty damn good tracks IMO. It has a lot of nostalgic significance to me, but I still enjoy the hell out of it from time to time. While Endtroducing does have some great tracks, some of them are a bit long-winded.

Everyone knows "Praise You" and "Rockafeller Skank", but this ones a banger too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2hIxHKd_c

Controversial this, but I find Endtroducing very very boring. I always have done. It's one of those albums that on paper should blow my brains but everytime I have played it (which is a fair few times I got it on release), it just leaves me cold and drags on. It sounds like it is meandering in a vaccuum.

Saying that Stem/Long Stem and Naplam Brain/Scatter Brain are ace. And Organ Donor, and....

Mmmm maybe I should listen to it again today......

Guest yikes

yeah shadow fell off way hard and maxed out on his first lp and brainfreeze/product placement/diminished returns/pre-emptive are keepers as well

fatboy slim never was on my radar for a seckle

chemical brothers represent everything that is wrong with electronic music

i don't get it

yeah shadow fell off way hard and maxed out on his first lp and brainfreeze/product placement/diminished returns/pre-emptive are keepers as well

fatboy slim never was on my radar for a seckle

chemical brothers represent everything that is wrong with electronic music

i don't get it

Their later stuff definitely sucks (with the exception of a couple on Further), but the Exit Planet Dust - Surrender era was pretty good material. The Chems are also responsible for getting Norman Cook to release any of his electronic stuff as Fatboy Slim. Cook himself while not all amazing, definitely has some material worth noting.

chemical brothers tiesto represents everything that is wrong with electronic music

i don't get it

fix'd that for ya :sup:

Enough talking authoritatively. I'm quite arrogant and confident in my views on the 90s big beat happenings and it often seems like I'm very much in the minority. It just astounds me that music this brilliant and loud and most of all... electronically instrumental... was ever popular.

Considering you were born in 1989, maybe you should learn to shrug off some of that arrogance about the 90s.

chem bros. haters need to respect.

they were men in their time.

Music/Response dawgs

also, I never really liked Fatboy Slim material, but I have a much cherished Essential Selection album of Cook's that is fantastic in every sense...unfortunately its paired with an Oakenfold trance mix and that shit was horrible even back when i was 12 or whatever.

both of fatboy slim's first albums are great and got me into electronic music among other artists

i can't compare both artists. dj shadow's first records are great too but more intellectual? fatboy slim is great party music.

ill agree with that.

basically whoever said the chem bros were in their prime up to and including Surrender hit the mark...Surrender is still an amazingly solid album..

Come With Us wasn't that bad but their quality control was slipping...some of the tracks on there were a little meh.

any group that can release three albums and a few eps of quality bangers deserve some respect.

Archived