IGNORED

Vancouver Riot

jeremymacgregor87

What i'll remember is what they dared to call "officiating" and the sheer idiocy of the cbc announcers. I'm glad the riots happened. nothing was more embarrassing than the series itself. and props to vancouver city and the VPD for being so prepared for what should have been completely expected.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this last series to be atrocious. not simply because vancouver lost but simply because it was so glaringly obvious. Try and convince me that there isn't favour in the league.

Guest Mirezzi

I think Vancouver started to behave like latin footballers...expecting calls and embellishing, then pissing and moaning.

However, Boston did everything short of 2nd degree murder at times.

Overall, the NHL remains the same...it's all about hooligans and fighting and thuggish hits, which once again contributes to its irrelevance.

Okeh, I'll bite.

The Sedin sisters forgot how to play hockey.

Luongo was a sieve, whereas Tim Thomas was a god amongst mortals.

Canucks went 1 for 70 on the PP or somewhere around that.

There is no causality between the reffing (bad or not) with any of the above.

So what colour is the sky in your world?

Guest Mirezzi

I was asking Satan to intervene but that lazy blasphemer didn't do shit. Fuck you Satan.

satan_3.jpg

There is no causality between the reffing (bad or not) with any of the above.

Correct.

I just need to ask if anyone else was veiwing these games? Did you see some of the officiating? I must state that game 7 had the best officiating as it had the least. But it was a dirty fucking series. I caqn appreciate the skill of the Bruins but it annoys me to no end how some of these calls (and goals) were scored. I should end with the fact that i am an embittered canucks fan. But that don't change the facts.

The only explanation i can find to all of this is: these people most have really boring everday lives, and feel like spicing it up a bit by making some trouble. Just like I did when I was 12 years old.

k1QQvm.gif

fucking lol at the guy doing push-ups. what the fuck is he thinking.

The worst thing was all the retards hanging around taking pictures for their facebook wall and cheering them on.

Guest Tamas

Simply despicable... Vancouver's my team, the 1994 series was sad and this one was sadder for so many reasons. The NHL is a goonfest IMO and the depressing way it's going, I won't be surprised if someone dies as a result of injuries faced on the ice within the next two years. Both teams played dirty and the thing that made me decide that I'm not going to watch the NHL anymore was a particular hit on Charra (on the Bruins) by a Canuck. He was elbowed in the head from behind, and instantly I was pissed off that the Vancouver guy made a hit that will cost the team a penalty... To my surprise the hit wasn't called, and let me tell you, the mixture of the happiness that my team didn't get a penalty for a dirty, disgusting hit and the anger of the refs not giving him a penalty, was one that really did a number on my feelings... Fuck the NHL, it's garbage, not because the Canucks lost but because even my team, the team that I used to be able to proudly say was a clean team that played with finesse, and the art of hockey, was degraded to the sort of goon violence blood sport played by the Bruins and a number of other NHL teams. It's shit, utterly garbage, and my interest in it is about as much as my morbid fascination with watching these fucking idiots destroy my Canadian hometown.

I'll be looking forward to the next winter olympics because that'll be the next time I'll see some quality hockey.

Guest Mirezzi

Now this is how to riot! (actual pic from vancouver last night)

vancouvr-riots-2011.jpg

Incredihot.

it's almost like a thoroughly modern version of

tumblr_lkvwz3r57f1qagny2o1_500.png

EXACTLY...

Now this is how to riot! (actual pic from vancouver last night)

vancouvr-riots-2011.jpg

Incredihot.

EXACTLY...

also someone needs to shoop in a combine overwatch in the foreground and a strider in the background. for epic fucking win.

Archived