Vancouver Riot

jeremymacgregor87

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

yeah, this is gonna cost him

725O3.jpg

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!

now that's just insane.

edit: wait, what is he trying to do there? if he's trying to blow up the police car next to all those people then that's fucked up. but if he's stealing petrol somehow, fair enough.

Except that car is owned by a company in germany, or norway, or something. They just get contracts with different cities and have deals with the city to have reserved spots on the street. If anything the company will be claiming insurance but it's not like they were destroying city property, just fucking over a pretty cool company/service for no good reason.

regarding mr. kotylak...

jamie-hyneman-1-sized.jpg

myth busted. apparently flaming rags into fueltank is not very effective.

I dunno if that fucking idiot got his to work, but there six cars blown the fuck up in the insanity.

After the first car went off, the Vancouver PD started tactically deploying tear gas - leading to a bunch of amped up drunk white kids with real first world problems storming into the crowd yelling shit like "let's go fuck those cops up". Of course when the mounted riot cops showed up they were the first ones booking the fuck out.

If they were in an actual riot they would shit themselves.

Best comment of the night (non-Canadians might not get this) overheard on the skytrain going home - "How come no one rioted when Harper got a majority?".

I just need to ask if anyone else was veiwing these games? Did you see some of the officiating? I must state that game 7 had the best officiating as it had the least. But it was a dirty fucking series. I caqn appreciate the skill of the Bruins but it annoys me to no end how some of these calls (and goals) were scored. I should end with the fact that i am an embittered canucks fan. But that don't change the facts.

Most of the goals were scored 5on5, the Canucks had most of the powerplays and managed to score two measley goals. Was the officiating bad, yes, was it a dirty series, yes, but it goes both ways. For a professional league the NHL has some of the worst officiating with its wild inconsistency on what gets called or not. Same with the disciplinary actions from bad hits. Hopefully having a more high-profile ex-player who's played in the new-NHL giving out the suspensions will make them make more sense.

However, the officiating was not the cause for the Canucks not getting it done. The top players of the team simply disappeared and the secondary players did not step up enough. Scoring 8 goals in 7 games won't win any championships, especially when the opponent has a goalie having the best streak of his career.

And the rioting is just embarrassing. Way to be sore losers, no other NHL city does this when they lose a Cup final, your fair city has done it twice now. Sure, it's most likely that the morons who started it all were just stupid young kids who like to "stick to the man" and a huge sporting event with lots of people on the move was a good opportunity to start some shit. That said, I am sure some distraught Canuck fans also joined in on the mayhem to let out some steam. To me what transpired shows that the city and it's hockey team are just too immature in their respective ways to win and handle a loss. I understand hockey is huge there, but some perspective is good to have, it's just a game in the end.

PS. It was thoughtful of the Canucks to have painted the final result of the final game on center ice.

And the rioting is just embarrassing. Way to be sore losers, no other NHL city does this when they lose a Cup final, your fair city has done it twice now. Sure, it's most likely that the morons who started it all were just stupid young kids who like to "stick to the man" and a huge sporting event with lots of people on the move was a good opportunity to start some shit. That said, I am sure some distraught Canuck fans also joined in on the mayhem to let out some steam. To me what transpired shows that the city and it's hockey team are just too immature in their respective ways to win and handle a loss. I understand hockey is huge there, but some perspective is good to have, it's just a game in the end.

Please don't ascribe the actions of a few idiots to the rest of the city. Everybody I've talked to calls the riots disgraceful, stupidity and insane. Many people were angry at the rioters.

There is plenty of idiotic violence related to sports in every sport and in many major cities, both in North America and Europe.

Ok, I take that back. But they should have probably prepared better for it and I believe the VPD chief also admitted that they could have done a better job of nipping it at the bud before it got too out of hand. But two riots already due to a hockey game? And the first one was when these rioters had barely been born, it raises some questions.

Ok, I take that back. But they should have probably prepared better for it and I believe the VPD chief also admitted that they could have done a better job of nipping it at the bud before it got too out of hand. But two riots already due to a hockey game? And the first one was when these rioters had barely been born, it raises some questions.

I agree the VPD should have done a better job. They let way too many people onto the main street where the outdoor screens were, they did a lousy job of checking for booze.

As for the questions it raises - a larger than average number of unemployed young males will always lead to trouble. What really troubles me is the people hanging around cheering them on and taking pictures for their facebook wall/blog/tumblr....

I completely agree. I don't understand how the VPD didn't see exactly this happening. I know it isn't easy to be right there all the time, but come on! That's why I thought the riots were funny. Sure, a few assholes were being assholes but the city of Vancouver itself was being an asshole and it got fucked. Too damn bad.

It's fucking Canada. Like Chen said the Conservatives get a majority and we hardly sneeze, but one of our teams loses a few hockey games and our city burns. God I love Canada. This is why we are never taken seriously.

it's calm in boston

The cops didn't shoot any rubber bullets at some poor girl's face this time?

No stray Mooninites?

Man, Boston has changed on me.

Archived