IGNORED

food thread and 'bad food' addiction

vamos scorcho

I'm addicted to shitty food. this is just out of hand. i swear to god these shitty foods [frozen food, fast food, chips, dips, basically a large amount of what constitutes unhealthy food] have a seriously addicting quality on me. i'm sure it's like that for everyone. for me though now that i'm trying to get healthy i'm noticing that it's actually genuinely difficult to stop eating this fucking SHIT!!!!!

this website claims that it is a major issue

and i agree

headline:

Food Addiction: Could It Explain Why 70 Percent of Americans Are Fat?

Remember the movie Super Size Me, where Morgan Spurlock ate three super-sized meals from McDonald's every day? What struck me about that film was not that he gained 30 pounds or that his cholesterol went up, or even that he got a fatty liver. What was surprising was the portrait it painted of the addictive quality of the food he ate. At the beginning of the movie, when he ate his first supersized meal, he threw it up, just like a teenager who drinks too much alcohol at his first party. By the end of the movie, he only felt "well" when he ate that junk food. The rest of the time he felt depressed, exhausted, anxious, and irritable and lost his sex drive, just like an addict or smoker withdrawing from his drug. The food was clearly addictive.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/food-addiction-could-it-e_b_764863.html

Now, whether or not the food has actual chemically physical addiction qualities [which it does, lets not kid ourselves here], I don't care. I'm not here to argue that point.

I was hoping this thread could become a nice place to share healthy foods and shit that you've eaten so that the ideas become apparent. I don't personally know where to start. I want healthy recipes that don't taste like nothing, good food flavor wise that isn't carb loaded and all that.

So here is the thread. IT is destined to floatto the bottom but believe me, I will bump it relentlessly with excellent vegetarian recipes and pictures of good food that I cooked.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i eat crap food out of lziness.....i love the taste of a good tofu stirfry, but i usually dont want to dedicate an hour plus to dicing all the ingredients/cooking/cleaning up

however there are some reasonably healthy snacks that we are all acquainted with:

a handful of peanuts/granola/gorp

PBJ sammy on whole wheat bread

and so on.

im certainly no health expert, but im trying to turn my life around health wise (quit smoking, doing approx. 2 hrs. of cardio a day, occasional weightlifting, eventually gonna have to do pushups and jog a bit...ugh)

and the nutritionist at the uni here says there is nothing wrong with a PBJ for a snack. just dont eat 75 of them.

pretzels are certainly not as bad as potato chips/heavily processed junk.

i always am wary of these "oh no dont eat crap food" things because that's an incredibly subjective term, especially when you are talking about an incredibly personal part of every human being's life.

shit, if you get a good workout, fuckin eat a snickers. its not perfect, but it fulfills all of the most important body cravings post-workout.

sweet, xxx is posting!!!

or not...:(

I eat so much crap food, especially frozen food and chips coated in some form of cheese powder. I'm also starting to realize my Metabolism isn't what it once was. I need to stop I guess.

But it tastes sooooo gooooood.

I'm hoping exercise/skipping supper/living on my own as a poor college student in 2 months- will help me out.

8am-Granola bar, cup of yogurt, chocomilk(optional), coffee

12pm-rost bif sammy/pbj sammy (it varies), bag of chips/gorp mix

5pm-a light dinnery thing, some veggies, cheese, and either meat or tofu

6-8pm-workout

8pm-fucking hungry as shit whatever the fuck i can find to stuff my mouth with ill eat it

this shit does not work

I have the exact same problem. It's mostly out of laziness like SR4. I've been counting calories with an so on my phone for the past 5 weeks which has made me infinitely more aware of the shit I eat. Since I started counting calories I've lost almost 20 lbs, but I still crave fast food and crap snacka, but when the numbers are right there in my face it's more like "nah, I can have that tomorrow" our whatever. I still have fast food, but once a week at most and if I do I pretty much eat only vegetables or other light foods for the rest of the day.

I'd definitely be interested in some delicious healthy watmm recipes!

I have the exact same problem. It's mostly out of laziness like SR4. I've been counting calories with an so on my phone for the past 5 weeks which has made me infinitely more aware of the shit I eat. Since I started counting calories I've lost almost 20 lbs, but I still crave fast food and crap snacka, but when the numbers are right there in my face it's more like "nah, I can have that tomorrow" our whatever. I still have fast food, but once a week at most and if I do I pretty much eat only vegetables or other light foods for the rest of the day.

lol i hear ya.

i broke down a few months ago on a long roadtrip and ate a 20pc. chicken mcnugget....first and last fast food ill have had for a long, long time...but ill be damned if it wasnt satisfying.

When I go to sleep, I set up an IV which gives my body the proper amount of nutrients and vitamins and sustenance needed for the upcoming day, thus I can go my whole waking day without eating or drinking anything.

is a burrito healthy. i ate a lot of burritys lately

home made burritos not taco bell, i dont go there anymore

is a burrito healthy. i ate a lot of burritys lately

home made burritos not taco bell, i dont go there anymore

sup-burrito are not bad if it is

but make sure you didnt eat taco belle-it is for sampsons

they have in theme: rice, beans, peepers, onion, chicken broth, olive Oil and tomatos sauce you cook it in, spices, some times corn, some times some ground up beef meat, sometimes a lil cheese. and there in a big tortilla (definition of burrito)

they have in theme: rice, beans, peepers, onion, chicken broth, olive Oil and tomatos sauce you cook it in, spices, some times corn, some times some ground up beef meat, sometimes a lil cheese. and there in a big tortilla (definition of burrito)

dont porget the saurce

Guest AcrossCanyons

the worst food i eat on a regular basis are things like the cheap alternatives. i don't have much money and substitute a lot for the cheap home varieties and they are always full of absolute shit. (chemicals, not really talking fatty things here)

Not sure just how healthy this is but it is tasty....

2 slices of halloumi + 1 large portabello mushroom: grill both.

Put halloumi on top of mushroom, place between burger bun with mustard, mayonnaise & lettuce.

Then: NOM.

When I'm wanting to snack, I grab a small handful of walnuts, a small handful of dark chocolate, toss them in a bowl, and snack on that. it's delicious and relatively healthy.

Jesus - buy some cantaloupe/honeydew - cut it up and put it in a tupperware in the fridge. Add some form of berry - snacks for the week - shouldn't cost you more than 5 DOLLA!

Eat - vegetables (even frozen vegetables if you don't want to buy fresh veg all the time), pasta/rice/bread, a little meat, some eggs, some fish.

Once a week have some chips or popcorn.

Here's a sensible breakfast - 2 scrambled egg whites, mix in a little grated cheese (not too much). 1 piece of multi-grain bread, toasted. Dice some peppers and eat them raw over top of the scrambled egg and toast. Optional bacon - 1 slice. if that takes you more than 15 minutes to prep/cook and eat, you're doing it wrong.

Lunch - have a salad or like a pita wrap

dinner - A)pasta with vegetables. B)rice with tofu and vegetables. C)bit of meat (lean cuts - a little bit of fat is all you need) with..you guessed it, vegetables.

Snacks in between meals - fruit salad (see above for ingredients) with some yoghurt.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I wanted to try calorie counting but I don't know how I'm supposed to know the amounts of everything I eat. I mean it's fine if you eat everything pre-made because it's printed on the packaging but if you are trying to eat healthily generally you are making it yourself. Am I really expected to weigh my cornflakes and measure the volume of milk?

so everytime I eat something, I'm still recovering from the last thing I ate. I don't seem to have the same size stomach anymore but I eat like I do. It is getting out of hand. I always eat too much of everything, be it shit food or healthy food. I just over-do it. And then I feel really shitty.

also my taste buds have become shitty and everything I eat just tastes like salt or nothing

Guest theSun

i eat too much shit.

as a kid, i was pudgy, so i started eating less junk. problem was, i still didn't eat much healthy stuff. so i'd basically get 2000+ calories a day of shit food.

stayed skinny, but i really really wish i'd started eating healthier as well. i'm trying to reform now, but so many veggies are just so fucking nasty to my nose and mouth.

Archived