IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, all this p90xtreme and PyloMatrics sounds like excel spreadsheets to me. just a question why do you want to get physically better? why do you do this effort.

i climb and get most of my improvement out of that. (pull ups on doorframes and short rainpipe solos excluded).

i'm sure you dewds aren't just working out for the sake of working out?

on beer: yea the best stuff is all high gravity. fermented under-attenuated with lots of resiudal sugars. enjoy it, feels good man.

This might be a incredible stupid question:

But is beer more weight gaining than driking liquor, or is there some sort of alcohol that's less fattening than others? I have changed my lifestyle and what i eat. But i find it hard to stop drinking, just because i wan't to lose weight. And It's not very accepted where i'm from to not be drinking, and It's honestly something i'm not ready to give up on. lol.

vodka is the best hard alcohol as far as calorie intake

lol, all this p90xtreme and PyloMatrics sounds like excel spreadsheets to me. just a question why do you want to get physically better? why do you do this effort.

i climb and get most of my improvement out of that. (pull ups on doorframes and short rainpipe solos excluded).

on beer: yea the best stuff is all high gravity. fermented under-attenuated with lots of resiudal sugars. enjoy it, feels good man.

i want to get stronger so i can go to bars and kick some ass

no, seriously, are you asking why people want to live a healthier lifestyle?

i'm doing couch to 5k in a (probably misguided) attempt to get fit. i'm not overweight or anything, but i've never been fit and the thought of being able to run for 30 minutes without stopping fills me with a giddy kind of joy.

i'm just about to start the second week tonight. it's been fairly easy going so far, but i'm really enjoying just taking 30 minutes to retreat into my own head a bit as the pavement disappears beneath my feet.

I knew a great big fat lass (boss-eyed too, not that it matters) who did that in 9 weeks so you should probably be able to do it in a month. Its actually surprising how quickly you can add distance to your runs, but I think you smoke (?) and if you're like me you'll notice shortness of breath being worse then tiredness after a while, it made me decide to give up (almost) when I started running.

I do smoke and have done for about ten years. But these days I smoke less than ten cigarettes a day (from a high point of about 30, three or four years ago) so it's really only a matter of time until I pack them in for good.

i'm actually doing couch to 5k right now, i can't believe it's actually working. i'll be starting week 9 tonight (30 minute run)--when i first started i could barely get through the 90 second run. i've been using the "c25k" app on my iphone, along with a garmin fr60 with heart rate monitor and foot pod, to keep track of distance, calories burned, heart rate, pace, etc. two weeks from tomorrow i'll be running my first 5k, with another to follow a few weeks after that.

i'm old (40) and out of shape, so if i can do it, i'm sure young, skinny smokers can too. i definitely notice an improvement in my fitness level. it's been great.

But is beer more weight gaining than driking liquor, or is there some sort of alcohol that's less fattening than others? I have changed my lifestyle and what i eat. But i find it hard to stop drinking, just because i wan't to lose weight. And It's not very accepted where i'm from to not be drinking, and It's honestly something i'm not ready to give up on. lol.

i'm asking, what are you training for? "a healthy lifestyle" doesn't hurt, i agree, everyone agreees, but yeh once you're p90ultra fit & all that, whatcha gonna do with it?

Guest underscore

i'm asking, what are you training for? "a healthy lifestyle" doesn't hurt, i agree, everyone agreees, but yeh once you're p90ultra fit & all that, whatcha gonna do with it?

after getting in shape, a wise thing to do would be stay in shape. this doesn't mean you have to work out 60-90 minutes a day 6 days a week.

I work out, because honestly it's a fun hobby and a good way to kill the time. I like projects that you work on for a long time and see gradual improvement. Working out is as fun as gardening, and almost as manly.

probably masturbate in front of the mirror a few times and then eat myself back into the shape I'm in now and then complain about needing to shed a few pounds.

Guest iamabe

p90x you need

-free weights (I have 2 adjustable dumbbells that go up to 30 lbs)

-yoga mat or a good carpet

-pullup bar OR if none of the door frames in your house can fit them (like mine) a strong resistance band (p90 says 20,30,and 40 lbs)

-the time for it

I do p90 because i just graduated college and have the free time for the shit now, and i need a structured program to keep me motivated and make sure what I am doing will get results. otherwise Im just like "i'm going to work out" and go to the gym and run a bit, lift some weights, and have no idea whether or not what i am doing is helping. I figure the usual workouts ive tried in the past weren't enough to change my body so may as well commit to something "ridiculous" and see how I feel. So far its been positive and a (mostly) maneagable time commitment, though some weeks it can be hard to do it every day. I haven't tried any other video workout programs so I cant say how it compares to anything else but I can recommend it on its own basis. Tony Horton is a good guide, motivates you, makes you laugh.. just check it out.

For someone like me (not competing in athletic events etc), the main reasons to get fit are to build confidence, feel more alert and aware every day, feel good in general, be proud of a lean, sculpted body, and to be an all around more capable person in any situation. I might not apply whatever skills I gain in a practical way because I don't spend much time moving heavy objects or whatever, but I feel good and it's been worth the time.

chronic masturbation is fine if you alternate arms

im doing it because after quitting smoking i have had ridiculous amounts of energy, so i decided to tire myself out by going for walks, bikes, lifting....plus building the upper body helps with lifting/pulling random shit...you never know when those situations pop up..

Guest underscore

im doing it because after quitting smoking i have had ridiculous amounts of energy, so i decided to tire myself out by going for walks, bikes, lifting....plus building the upper body helps with lifting/pulling random shit...you never know when those situations pop up..

u turned a negative into a positive. :beer: i read an article by some fit as balls ex-marine, who credits his physical fitness to surviving a car crash

For those that are looking for something interesting - the crossfit stuff is pretty intense and offers a lot of variety:

http://www.crossfit.com/

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Crossfit is pretty amazing. But it doesn't really work at first unless you have some guy timing at you and yelling at you to keep going.

havent ran or biked at all because the heat is disgusting out here (110F on the heat index)

though i have been improving pushups and crunches exponentially

i work out a bit but not enough for it to do much, don't eat enough either

but what i wanted to say is that i really can't be bothered with crunches, especially adjacent crunches. also, i heard that if you walk a certain way , it does shit to your abs, and it has indeed done more than any attempts at doing crunches. i don't have a strong desire to have a freaky stomach, so i guess that's why i can't get into crunches

Guest fiznuthian

i just want to say again, that rhodiola rosea is one AWESOME herb and absolutely worth further investigation.

i just want to say again, that rhodiola rosea is one AWESOME herb and absolutely worth further investigation.

What's your experience with it? I'm generally pretty skeptical about these things.

Guest fiznuthian

i feel relaxed and very calm usually 1-2 hours after eating it, and feel mildly sedated and focused the rest of my day.

i've tried eating it in the morning when sleep deprived and struggling, and it only takes a good hour before mentally and physically I feel very solid again,

which carries through the rest of the day.

things that should provoke anxiety tend to just brush away and i don't seem to worry about much of anything.

there's definitely something in this herb that is producing a very noticable affect on my mood, behavior, and attitude.

but thats really just part of it.

like i mentioned earlier rhodiola (as well as cordyceps, i've tried them both alone now too) makes my workouts and cycling WAY more intense than i typically put myself through.

this is by far the most noticeable effect and occurs within an hour of consuming rhodiola. during my runs and rides, keeping control of my breath is much easier,

i run/ride a lot farther and harder, and recover from high intensities ridiculously fast.. my muscles aren't producing even half the lactic acid they usually do, and the burn dissipates within minutes of stopping.

i dunno man, i know people here probably still think i'm some nut especially since i talk about mushroom medicines a lot,

but this rhodiola supplement i have been eating is unlike any other i have eaten.

the results during exercise are dramatic and its getting to the point where placebo simply isn't an option here.

Guest fiznuthian

Capsulated extract, made by New Chapter. I'm switching to Verde Botanica's products next,

their laboratory is very carefully designed. Unlike most standardized extracts which isolate only a few of the compounds in the plant,

their lab creates a product that still has almost every known compound discovered in Rhodiola intact.

From what I hear this makes a big difference in quality and how a person feels after ingesting them.

I just ran out of my last batch and can't wait to get more.

While I am by and large skeptical of 99% of the supplement industry, I will take fish oil, vitamin D and some others,

and pre/probiotic bacteria. Everything else does pretty much nothing.

Rhodiola is different though, its something that is not just noticable but extremely effective. No wonder soviets spent decades researching this plant, it's fucking ridiculous for endurance.

I've been wanting to work on my oblique muscles for a while now, so I started doing crunches until I couldn't anymore. 4 sets of 40 with 45-60 second breaks. Goddamn, these things are out of shape.

Onto phase two of p90x. My abdominals have gotten slightly tighter. My biceps and triceps have developed a little bit. My quads have also developed a bit.

Not to mention I've gotten stronger, my reps have increased. Looking forward to seeing more results later on!

I workout just to stay in shape. It's a fun workout and it beats going to the gym and spending $40 a month on a membership.

Archived