IGNORED

Transformers 3 using footage from anther film

BOCfan

Guest Coalbucket PI

This is probably one of the least awful things Michael Bay has done.

I only ever saw the first half of the first transformers film. When I see big robots smashing stuff up it makes me think I want to see the rest of them but then I remember the scene were Optimus Prime is hiding outside Shia TheBeef's bedroom and I lose that urge.

who gives a fuck

I think it's pretty cool that someone noticed that. As to whether it's wrong or not, well they saved some more money to put in the producers' pockets. heh.

He should have recycled a scene with some plot in it.

haha, he even fails at T&A imO

Guest Coalbucket PI

I can see how they noticed the second clip, but the first is a hell of find :ohmy:

I suppose he thought he'd get away with it because nobody has watched The Island more than once

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

"The reason that this was done was because Gabriella Cedillo, an extra, was injured on set (while filming this exact scene). Bay needed the scene but they shut down filming in Indiana and Chicago after this happened, out of respect for Gabriella and her family...and they didn't use the footage from filming the scene (the special effects were so huge that it was a one-time deal)."

Extra (24-year-old Gabriela Cedillo) Has Skull "Sliced Open" On Transformers 3 Set

I remember reading about that a long while back. IGN posted this and then had to update 'oh shit we didn't do any research on the issue, didn't know about the accident or anything durrr.'

'Transformers 3' Stunt Victim Sues Studios

You know, I doubt anyone got their skull sliced open in the production of Midnight in Paris. Maybe if films focused on wit and plot more often, there wouldn't be incidents like this.

:facepalm: DEAR GOD PEOPLE ARE FUCKING SHORT SIGHTED SOMETIMES....WHO THE FUCK GOES TO A MICHAEL BAY MOVIE THINKING IT'S GOING TO HAVE AN INCREDIBLE PLOT AND POWERFUL ACTING? BY NOW I THINK WE KNOW HIS STRENGTHS, HUGE WEAKNESSES AND THE GENRE NICHE OF HIS FILMS.

I don't want directors, actors, writers and movies thinking they are something they are not. If anything Transformers 3 should have contained less plot, less acting and just more action. Because the action is fucking cool and you are dumb to try and take anything more than that seriously in these films.

It's just wasting energy being annoying whining about bad acting, dialogue or plots after how many dumb dumb Michael Bay movies... It's not like hes suddenly going to become an artistic director because people complain about it on the internet after approaching 20 years of mindless & soulless films.

JUST APPRECIATE WHATS GOOD ABOUT SHITTY STUFF YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY IMPACT ON OR STAY AWAY

Of course I don't expect Michael Bay to ever be a good director, I just want him to fuck off and die already. If you get entertainment from mindless CGI, I honestly feel really sorry for you.

LawLOLawL, it's just like appreciating great audio production, sound design, abstract geometry or hyper technical instrumental music with nearly no deeper context. Entertainment doesn't always need a deep meaningful story, or a thoughtful backdrop to suck your emotions to be entertaining. Sometimes entertainment is just entertainment, cheap or not but cheap eye candy or ear candy is not all created equally, it's more dynamic then that. Like I said in my review of the film, I don't feel extremely proud of supporting cheap entertainment with my money but I don't feel guilty enjoying it.

Perception can be a powerful tool and life is more fun if you take advantage of knowing when to just appreciate the best perception you can have in a situation you can't improve. It's just like how it's become so norm to enjoy B movies because they are so bad they are funny, it's your perception that turns it into valid LOLs. Sitting threw a Troma film and being disappointed, annoyed and all critical never laughing is just stupid right? So is going to a Transformers film and not triggering your inner 11 year old or just turning off your adult internet critic snobby brain for a few hours.

Yeah, if you go in with the right mindset the transformer movies are pure awesome. I remember seeing the first one and being disappointed with the real world afterwards (real cars in parking lots aren't fun).

I hardly consider myself to be an internet critic, and I am far from snobby. I despise action movies is all, and I have since I was a child. I get absolutely no enjoyment from watching things explode, or people being shot, and I have never understood how other people can stand it. I would stay out of it and just let people who like it enjoy it, but I am increasingly worried by it, as I feel like more and more Hollywood is thinking that movies that are 90-100% CGI are what the audiences want, and it means less and less films with substance, and I am not okay with that.

To go back to Midnight in Paris, when I went to see it in the massive theater close to my home, they had put it in their absolute smallest room, with about 40 seats or so. Transformers, on the other hand, had 2 gigantic theaters for the 2d version, and 2 more for the 3d. Midnight in paris isn't even some obscure indie film, it's fucking Woody Allen, and because of directors like Michael Bay, and people going to his films because they're "entertaining", well thought out films like Midnight in Paris get pushed into the smallest rooms possible, for the shortest period of time they can manage.

That's fucking bullshit.

he also reused shots from pearl harbor in the first transformers movie.

This!

It's not the first time. Heck what about Star Trek reusing the same footage on the telly shows?

Also just to spite you on the music part of your post; I hate music that's just face value (venetian snares, autechre, squarepusher) and I love music that includes emotion and the human element, etc (aphex twin, ceephax, goon, etc.)

So yes, "entertainment" is bullshit to me.

Archived