IGNORED

this just made me sick to my stomach

Guest uptown devil

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

Can't get this out of my head. Probably the most awful thing I've ever read about sports...and I'm not normally supportive of frivolous lawsuits, but is that not the worst fucking design imaginable for an outfield wall? That gap between the wall/railing and the scoreboard is there for what? The railing barely reaches the hips on a 6 foot man. Having been to several MLB games, fans are CONSTANTLY yelling for foul ball souvenirs. This was just destined to happen.

Poor fucking Josh Hamilton. Of all the people for this to happen to...

Thursday's fall is the third by a fan over one of the railings. The first was April 11, 1994, after the Rangers' first home game in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Hollye Minter, a 28-year-old from Plano, Texas, posed for a photograph and fell from a railing in right field. She landed on empty seats and, according to various reports, broke her arm, two ribs and a few bones in her neck.

that's really sad.

but remember the guy dived forward over the rail to catch the ball, you can't blame the design of the rail for that... and the other people that have fallen prob did the same.

anyway the old man next to him had it covered.

it's a shame, but if you were over-empathize with situations like this, you'd be depressed all the goddamned time. poor kid though.

Guest Mirezzi

Just watched the video with sound. I'll be those announcers feel like utter cunts today.

i don't see why. was it the "just for a baseball" comment?

Yeah, and giggling. I'm not saying I blame them...they had no idea that the guy was mortally injured. I just think they'll probably hear themselves on this video clip when it's broadcast 40,000,000 times and be like... :facepalm: .

Just watched the video with sound. I'll be those announcers feel like utter cunts today.

i don't see why. was it the "just for a baseball" comment?

Yeah, and giggling. I'm not saying I blame them...they had no idea that the guy was mortally injured. I just think they'll probably hear themselves on this video clip when it's broadcast 40,000,000 times and be like... :facepalm: .

i don't blame them. the guy fucking leapt out of the stand for a fucking baseball!! stupidest way to go ever!

Guest Ranky Redlof

it's a shame, but if you were over-empathize with situations like this, you'd be depressed all the goddamned time. poor kid though.

this

thousands of people die in much worse circumstances every day

this guy risked his life for a stupid ball...

I guess that kid isn't having a ball right now.

Heheheheh... that got an lol. It is terrible that this had to happen for the set-up, but well played.

Poor kid. There's no way I'm watching that video.

he wanted nothing more than to give his son a baseball from the game they went to. can't blame the guy for that. i have a ricky henderson baseball from 1983 in a yankees/a's game my dad and i went to.

he wanted nothing more than to give his son a baseball from the game they went to. can't blame the guy for that.

little dude's not going to be able to look at another baseball again.

he wanted nothing more than to give his son a baseball from the game they went to. can't blame the guy for that.

little dude's not going to be able to look at another baseball again.

no way. plus josh hamilton is probably not going to take this well. in case you are not familiar with him, he has had quite a story. he was a decent baseball player but got very involved in drugs and alcohol and had to leave the game and almost died. he cleaned up his act, came back and was mvp in 2010. remarkable in that he pretty much came from rehab to mlb and was the best player. i feel bad for everyone involved.

why does it seem like a sports-related death like this is sadder to so many people than, say, politically motivated deaths (genuine question)? i don't feel much sympathy for this guy, though i could probably force it if this conversation turns sour and i end up feeling like a royal cunt. :cerious:

The people responsible for the stadium security, should be fucking executed.

Why should they?

The people responsible for the stadium security, should be fucking executed.

Why should they?

Building a tiny fence infront of a deep 20 feet hole. Something awful was destined to happen.

Archived