IGNORED

this just made me sick to my stomach

Guest uptown devil

I (and I'm assuming others) aren't saying this isn't sad-its just an ugly truth of life you can decide to either dwell on or simply acknowledge. The fact that there's a now-four-page thread on the subject suggests some may prefer dwelling.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ky I'm a big fan of yours but I can't consider a thread that is 12 hours old dwelling on something...

To say that this thread indicates watmmers are dwelling probably wasn't the best phrasing. I just mean that dedicating anything more than a single response on how tragic this is would be...misguided energy? Of course it's tragic—a son lost his father, essentially right before his eyes. But to dedicate any more than a note of condolences is unnecessary. If anything, I imagine Shannon Stone would suggest you simply give your kid a hug upon seeing the video and/or hearing the story. And yes, I'm sure watmm's fathers have already done that, but I hope you get what I mean.

I guess that kid isn't having a ball right now.

Heheheheh... that got an lol. It is terrible that this had to happen for the set-up, but well played.

Poor kid. There's no way I'm watching that video.

Yeah, neither am i. Draw the line at.

granted it was somewhat of a stupid move, the bottom line is this: the guy wanted to get a ball for his kid and he did, but his child now has to live with a memory burn of a confused ambulance ride where he watched his father die in front of him as the paramedics desperatly tried to save his life. I don't give a fuck how insensitive you are or want to be, that shit is sad.

It might be because we're both parents of very young kids...but I totally feel you on this and I don't really care what all the coolkid callow youths of WATMM have to say about it.

Hey - I have a 6 year old. I still think the guy was an idiot. Of course the outcome is sad. Doesn't mean the action which caused it wasn't stupid.

Kids have to deal with fucked up shit all over the world. Why isn't there a thread for the kids from Sudan who had to walk thousands of miles to avoid persecution and genocide, many of whom had seen their family slaughtered in front of them.

Why isn't there a thread for this guy who died while trying to rescue his son and son's friend

Guest sirch

i think the guy was a random.. dont think that was his kid. the kid was with other guy..

crazy guy dived in to steal family mans ball. serves him right. twat., splat! + really??? * shakes head*

I just read that, and sorry but the guy sounds like a prime candidate for the Darwin award. "Let me go save my son and his friend, who aren't really in trouble, by leaping into the water...but I don't know how to swim." Um....

Yeah, he's probably on par with the guy who didn't figure that a 20ft fall onto open concrete would be bad for his health.

"We had a very tragic accident tonight and one of our fans lost their life reaching over the rail trying to get a ball," team president Nolan Ryan said somberly after the Rangers' 6-0 victory over Oakland. "As an organization, and as our team members and our staff, we're very heavy-hearted about this, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family."

Well, at least it wasn't for nothing.

is this scenario any different?

man walking alongside a busy city street with his son... across the busy road they spot justin beiber outside a record shop handing out free t-shirts and signing albums. the man, knowing that his son is an avid justin beiber fan and would really love some free shit, blindly runs into the road without any thought for his safety, where he is immediately run over by a bus and instantly killed.

Guest uptown devil

is this scenario any different?

man walking alongside a busy city street with his son... across the busy road they spot justin beiber outside a record shop handing out free t-shirts and signing albums. the man, knowing that his son is an avid justin beiber fan and would really love some free shit, blindly runs into the road without any thought for his safety, where he is immediately run over by a bus and instantly killed.

yes, it is significantly gayer.

i'll say one thing, baseball is definitely one of the less homoerotic sports america is into, especially with the popularity of UFC and ass slapping in football.

goddam it makes me proud to be an american

the only time we riot is for sports as well, which is pretty awesome

Archived