IGNORED

this just made me sick to my stomach

Guest uptown devil

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean the security guards. I don't know the right word. The safty construction mananger? I don't know. The safety just doesn't seem that well tought out.

how tall was the fall? i dont understand the guy had to die, did he landed on his neck ?? :mellow:

20 ft fall. Guy landed on his head. Guess it was enough to kill him. Feel bad for the kid, but I know damn well I wouldn't go through that much trouble to catch a baseball.

Guest Mirezzi
The mother of the man who died after falling over an outfield railing at a Texas Rangers game says he had gone to the ballpark with his 6-year-old son in hopes of catching a ball.

Suzann Stone told The Associated Press on Friday that Shannon Stone and young Cooper Stone had even stopped on the way to Arlington, Texas, on Thursday to buy the boy a new glove.

:cry:

Shouldn't the guy be nominated for a Darwin award? I mean...tiny railing, long fall...you shouldn't be diving for a ball.

Guest uptown devil

Shouldn't the guy be nominated for a Darwin award? I mean...tiny railing, long fall...you shouldn't be diving for a ball.

he was pushin the limits, livin life on the edge. tryin to bring home the big prize.

if someone tosses you a ball, you are naturally gonna lean forward to catch it. i think he was pretty casual with his attempt, maybe slightly overzealous at best.

it's a pretty damn sad event either way though.

The people responsible for the stadium security, should be fucking executed.

Why should they?

Building a tiny fence infront of a deep 20 feet hole. Something awful was destined to happen.

Your reaction's a bit extreme I think. Sure it's not the best construction, but honestly I'd rather that than a massive fence or a glass shield. It's really sad for everyone involved of course, a complete tragedy.. But he did leap for the ball. He fell, it sucks but you can't hold everyones hand.

1. nobody should blame the ball park. beyond the fact that perhaps all[/b] sports stadiums could correct the problem of low rails and potentially high falls onto concrete, what do you expect them to do?

2. this is a stupid tragedy that quite seriously could have happened to anybody. i think the fact that there's movie footage of the event is what makes people particularly sympathetic.

but in conclusion,

how is this sad for anyone who didn't know the guy? shit happens. my heart goes out to his family and friends, that's all.

this.

there's railings this height everywhere and people don't tend to jump over them to their death. watch it again, he leaps with no thought of how he'll get his feet back on the ground. i'm sad for the kid and family but more bewildered by the stupidity of the guy.

It's not a darwin award. It's not a utter tragedy. Something like this probably almost happens at every baseball game, luck wasn't on his side and he fell over and landed on his neck. He wasn't cautious enough, but it is a bit of a freak accident: this isn't a football riot or a nascar race crash.

Poor kid. If there's anything to gain from this, it's that life is fragile and anything can happen.

He leaned across his kid and another guy trying to catch the ball, with a 20 foot drop in front of him. It's sad sure, but the guy was not wearing his thinking cap for this one.

Guest hahathhat

casual

yeah, he was pretty casual about it. serene, i daresay. like it was finally time to catch the ball

i think the families of those who watched this game should be executed for allowing this to happen, nonetheless the security guards- the fat stupid american public (or should i say SHEEPLIC?) is responsible for this.

It's not a darwin award. It's not a utter tragedy. Something like this probably almost happens at every baseball game, luck wasn't on his side and he fell over and landed on his neck. He wasn't cautious enough, but it is a bit of a freak accident: this isn't a football riot or a nascar race crash.

Poor kid. If there's anything to gain from this, it's that life is fragile and anything can happen.

why is almost everybody else stupid except you

i think the families of those who watched this game should be executed for allowing this to happen, nonetheless the security guards- the fat stupid american public (or should i say SHEEPLIC?) is responsible for this.

lol best sarcasm ever

granted it was somewhat of a stupid move, the bottom line is this: the guy wanted to get a ball for his kid and he did, but his child now has to live with a memory burn of a confused ambulance ride where he watched his father die in front of him as the paramedics desperatly tried to save his life. I don't give a fuck how insensitive you are or want to be, that shit is sad.

Guest Mirezzi

granted it was somewhat of a stupid move, the bottom line is this: the guy wanted to get a ball for his kid and he did, but his child now has to live with a memory burn of a confused ambulance ride where he watched his father die in front of him as the paramedics desperatly tried to save his life. I don't give a fuck how insensitive you are or want to be, that shit is sad.

It might be because we're both parents of very young kids...but I totally feel you on this and I don't really care what all the coolkid callow youths of WATMM have to say about it.

Archived