IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Some fat lady with a shopping cart stopped in line at the checkout lane but didn't bother leaving any room for anyone else to get past her, just as I was approaching from the left. Dumb cow.

some haughty young professional and his cunt girlfriend were at a packed bar that my friends and i arrived at. the bar contains many joined tables and chairs, so parties end up sharing space. we had a decent sized party of people and wanted to sit, they were using perfectly good chairs for their jackets and her purse. when we asked if we could use the chairs, they said no. he then informed me that we should try arriving earlier. his girlfriend let out a high pitched whine which signified agreement. i ended up standing, crotch level with his girlfriend's face. i hadn't showered. hopefully her years of probable cocaine use hadn't dulled her sense of smell.

Edited by zaphod

I have just manged to kill my fridge by piercing the side while defrosting it. I'm not feeling too proud of myself.

Now in a dilemma, should I inform the landlord in the hopes that he will replace it? Or should I just replace it myself so as not to affect getting down payment back when moving out?

Or perhaps I could stick something over the hole........

.....like.........some blu-tack?

Edited by hello spiral

argh!

I'm doing my income taxes and I should have gotten a really good return but I forgot I had a lump sum payment from my old employer to discharge my pension and now my return is far less.

=(

Edited by StephenG

that "my boss tells me everything I listen to is bullshit noise" thread makes me self conscious of what I listen to in public -- btw logon rock witch by aphex gives you weird looks on buses, it starts very suddenly so I'm always a bit scared when shuffle is turned on

Edited by isaki

that "my boss tells me everything I listen to is bullshit noise" thread makes me self conscious of what I listen to in public -- btw logon rock witch by aphex gives you weird looks on buses, it starts very suddenly so I'm always a bit scared when shuffle is turned on

Aren't you wearing headphones/earbuds?

Guest Ron Manager

no idea what the harlem shake and people keep mentioning it.

ditto. i have no doubt the answer is on youtube, but i already know i hate it, so why bother looking it up...

Guest Frankie5fingers

i think thats so much fun though, playing something that makes heads turn. seeing peoples reactions can be pretty enjoyable. for me, i love to see the reactions i get for Squarepusher's Steinbolt. most people just think its noise so they give me this look of "what the fuck are you listening to?!"

next time play something thats really out there, then when people start giving you looks just give them a deadpan stare. youll probably scare them off the bus. lol

I've often had fantasies about a device with which you could secretly connect to a youth's phone when on a bus or train and then start remixing/mangling the music coming from it. Then a button which makes the phone melt/explode/bum them.

i think thats so much fun though, playing something that makes heads turn. seeing peoples reactions can be pretty enjoyable. for me, i love to see the reactions i get for Squarepusher's Steinbolt. most people just think its noise so they give me this look of "what the fuck are you listening to?!"

next time play something thats really out there, then when people start giving you looks just give them a deadpan stare. youll probably scare them off the bus. lol

i went into an hmv a number of years ago and they were playing gantz graf. nobody was looking wierd or anything though...

also listening to newer autechre albums on headphones in public makes me feel weird cause i can't walk to a rhythm

i pass people and it just feels awkward/ anys, it's like it's easy to walk around when you're walking to a beat.

A big metal light fixture just fucking fell from my ceiling and is currently dangling from a chain about three feet from the ground. Also, there was a fucking drive by shooting outside my girlfriend's work last night while she was working. 5 or 6 shots in all. She is unscathed, but a bouncer who was outside the club next door got shot in the leg. Why? Because one of the girls who was with the drive by posse passed out earlier in the club, so they were asked to leave. Evidently they didn't appreciate that. Anyway... very close call. I don't recall there ever being another drive by shooting in my city before. Fucked up.