IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

my friend stood me up for the Nth time today. i half expected it really but it pisses me off. i mean, he was the one that wanted to do something. i'm getting the feeling dude just only cares about himself.

In my opinion... if this happens even once without a good explanation, the guy isn't your friend. Just my two cents...

I got injured at work today because I was being a dumbass. I was trying to pull-start a gas-powered wood splitter but at an awkward stance, and suddenly the rope jerked back and I felt something rip in my inner right elbow. No fractured bones, so I think it's just a pulled muscle.
I can still use my right arm (as evidenced by my typing here), but it hurts like a bitch if I attempt any heavy lifting with it.

Guest disparaissant

for class today, we're in the library for a library training session. this is my fourth (at least) so it's all really basic, obvious stuff for me. on top of that i got 4 hours of sleep last night so i am dying over here. jfc im bored.

I've been offered a full-time 9-5 position filling prescriptions for a mail-order prescription company (boring, menial work), and it'll mean getting out my shitty 15 hour a week line-cook job. It will also mean I have to drop my math class, which puts me behind another semester in school, and I'm having massive anxiety over the decision. I have 5 days to figure out if I actually want to do it or not.

I just spent like 450 dollars on supplements.

$450!? more like abatements amirite?

I should just save the money for surgery and be an unhealthy fuck. I bet with compound interest I could make it go pretty far. Really though it is more than a 30 day supply, and I'm just trying some things that I've never had before and they happen to be a little pricey.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

I've been offered a full-time 9-5 position filling prescriptions for a mail-order prescription company (boring, menial work), and it'll mean getting out my shitty 15 hour a week line-cook job. It will also mean I have to drop my math class, which puts me behind another semester in school, and I'm having massive anxiety over the decision. I have 5 days to figure out if I actually want to do it or not.

I would consider how much stress your at regarding rent, cost of living, debt (if any), etc. I'm at a job that's 8-5, pays bills, and 3/4 of the time is pretty tedious but easy (I get listen to music all day for instance) work. But I'm going back to school to get out of it because it's not going anywhere...

What are your goals regarding school? Does the job have any opportunity it terms of promotion or pay raises in the near future? I would consider that. What ever you do, don't feel obligated to them if they try to prevent you from leaving (maybe that's just a government job thing...nevermind...) But yeah, if all this job will do is give you more money simply because it's 40 hours > 15 hours, I would second guess it, especially if it's not related to your long-term goals and/or if it's not going to be a huge help to your socioeconomic situation. Good luck either way!

the replacement PSU i bought a few weeks ago just completely died because i accidentally pulled the cord out of the wall. cooler master brand: cat shit. now i know.

go with Corsair! it's said that every PSU brand has at least a few dodgy units except Corsair, even though they're relatively new in the PSU game. I bought a modular HX750 (yeah, 750 is probably overkill but I'll never need to worry about power again) and have had absolutely zero complaints.

edit: and yes, I don't trust Coolermaster anymore. my first build had a Coolermaster case that I came to absolutely loathe.

thank you for this recommendation, man! after reading this post I ordered a corsair PSU. I ended up with the same unit as you -- the HX series seemed to be what I needed more than the tx or fancy ax boxes (i'm mostly just trying to power an old i5 board and a radeon 7870 and have some watts to spare), and the price was right. I'm in love (as much as a guy can be with a power supply unit). having the modular cord setup is great, and the box even came in a little velvet bag like a bottle of crown royal. I'm drinking worse whiskey than crown right now, so this all felt pretty kingly to me. cheers usagi, your awesomeness never ceases. :beer:

I had a first world problem a while ago and was going to mention it here, but I forgot what it was (which is my new FWP). It was really good too, I'm sure of it. You guys woulda given me mad empathy.

Oh yeah, I played Guitar Hero for the first time in a while, and I found the note selection to be illogical for one song. It bothered me.

*by note selection I mean the colored bits that are meant to correspond with the buttons you press (I just have a controller), that presumably would also correspond to the guitar parts in the song, but don't.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Got another good one from earlier today. I saw Squarepusher - Selection 16 at a music store for under $3, so i bought it without batting an eye, thinking it was one of the couple SP releases I didn't have. Turns out I was wrong about that bit. So I unwittingly bought another thing twice, again (it's a recurring theme in my life. Luckily the second time is usually for an insanely good deal. i could probably sell my duplicates for a profit.)

my friend stood me up for the Nth time today. i half expected it really but it pisses me off. i mean, he was the one that wanted to do something. i'm getting the feeling dude just only cares about himself.

don't bother making plans with him anymore, no one needs frenemies.

I would consider how much stress your at regarding rent, cost of living, debt (if any), etc. I'm at a job that's 8-5, pays bills, and 3/4 of the time is pretty tedious but easy (I get listen to music all day for instance) work. But I'm going back to school to get out of it because it's not going anywhere...

What are your goals regarding school? Does the job have any opportunity it terms of promotion or pay raises in the near future? I would consider that. What ever you do, don't feel obligated to them if they try to prevent you from leaving (maybe that's just a government job thing...nevermind...) But yeah, if all this job will do is give you more money simply because it's 40 hours > 15 hours, I would second guess it, especially if it's not related to your long-term goals and/or if it's not going to be a huge help to your socioeconomic situation. Good luck either way!

Thanks, man. I'm stuck in my parents' house at the moment because I don't make enough to get a place on my own even with a roommate (and a second 20-hour a week job), and I've got quite a bit of debt to pay off (court costs and lawyer fees from some stupid bullshit this summer)... but this is just a hard decision. This job has almost nothing to do with my intended career fields- it's purely for the money and this will murder my class completion rate further. I just worry I won't be able to find another part time job when i go back to school.

don't bother making plans with him anymore, no one needs frenemies.

i'm not even going to talk to him and ask him what happened, balls in his court, i don't care

Just got home from work and there are no nice craft beers in my fridge, forgot to restock it. All I have is a bunch of lukewarm triples (chimay and westmalle) from the cabinet. Not sure if want to live.

Depends on the reason, really. Social anxiety, for example, can manifest itself in the strangest situations, even with good friends.

I used to be this person, constantly standing up good friends because I'd be too scared to leave the house blah blah. Tough love is the way, don't humour them.

Depends on the reason, really. Social anxiety, for example, can manifest itself in the strangest situations, even with good friends.

I used to be this person, constantly standing up good friends because I'd be too scared to leave the house blah blah. Tough love is the way, don't humour them.

yep

It was the wrong temperature StephenG! I managed to cool it a little, and I'm drinking it now. Could've been a little bit colder.

Edited by Gocab

It was the wrong temperature StephenG! I managed to cool it a little, and I'm drinking it now. Could've been a little bit colder.

Ah I see! Yeah a warm tripel isn't my favorite! It's like drinking bread. A little too heavy in my stomach.

Now I want beer =(

Guest disparaissant

i want beer too.

unfortunately i have 3 more papers to write before tomorrow, and i have to be up at 5 to commute to school. :( fwp indeed.