IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm 'avin one of those late night "weird part of YouTube" moments that went from watching random comedians take on hecklers to murder suspects either going ballistic in court rooms or being attacked by the victim's parent. Coffee before bed probably wasn't the smartest idea.

That is exactly what I did last night too. No joke.

was just about to go to sleep and a neighbour has fired up a chainsaw. No caffeine required for the enforced upstaying. -sie-

Call him out on that shit.

Motherfuckers struttin' around like they ass don't stank. Sheeyut.

was just about to go to sleep and a neighbour has fired up a chainsaw. No caffeine required for the enforced upstaying. -sie-

meh, it's day time. Just another perk of being a nightshift worker.

Guest Ron Manager

i started wearing contacts for the first time a few months ago. i really like them and wear them a lot. i have monthlies. however, my eyes get really tired after maybe 6-8 hours of having them in, and i feel like i have to take them out (although sometimes, if i'm out or whatever, i'll wear them for upwards of 12 hours). the ones i get are quite cheap - is it worth upgrading to one of the more expensive lenses that supposedly last longer? sounds like a dumb question, but i ask as i'm sceptical about how you're able to keep them in for longer. surely a lens is a lens, and your eye lacks oxygen either way (i presume the reason my eyes get 'tired')?

meh, it's day time. Just another perk of being a nightshift worker.

I wish I was one of those extremely vocal people that just sort-of compulsively said what was on my mind to the people around me. I wonder how different my life would be.

i started wearing contacts for the first time a few months ago. i really like them and wear them a lot. i have monthlies. however, my eyes get really tired after maybe 6-8 hours of having them in, and i feel like i have to take them out (although sometimes, if i'm out or whatever, i'll wear them for upwards of 12 hours). the ones i get are quite cheap - is it worth upgrading to one of the more expensive lenses that supposedly last longer? sounds like a dumb question, but i ask as i'm sceptical about how you're able to keep them in for longer. surely a lens is a lens, and your eye lacks oxygen either way (i presume the reason my eyes get 'tired')?

my "eye place" phoned today when i was out. they said i need a check-up. i dunno, i don';t think i do.. they want my money

I'm caught in a sleep-in cycle and have not been as productive as I'd like as a result. Also, I've only had one recording session this month and don't quite have enough money to pay my half of the rent... I should be far more worried than I am. Worrying's a good incentive to keep on top of things, and I just don't have any of it. Is there such a thing as anxiety pills? I'm sure something like that would be a useful motivator for me. I need to be more concerned for my future.

it can take a while for your eyes to adjust if you've just started wearing them. things I'd do:

1) confirm that you're actually wearing monthlies. I posted elsewhere previously about how I was sold monthlies which actually turned out to be fortnightlies. just check that they are what you think they are, as it doesn't usually say on the box.

2) try eye drops. you can get lubricating eye drops that help with dryness or irritation, they can be used to help smooth your adjusting period and eventually you'll stop needing to use them.

3) switch brands/types. which one are you using anyway?

I'd definitely try eye drops for the moment. I had the same problem as you when I started wearing contacts more regularly and the drops helped. eventually my eyes adjusted.

Guest Ron Manager

my "eye place" phoned today when i was out. they said i need a check-up. i dunno, i don';t think i do.. they want my money

yeah, mine contacted me too actually. i need a check-up after 3 or 4 months. qtf? anyway, that was what got me thinking about upgrading.

it can take a while for your eyes to adjust if you've just started wearing them. things I'd do:

1) confirm that you're actually wearing monthlies. I posted elsewhere previously about how I was sold monthlies which actually turned out to be fortnightlies. just check that they are what you think they are, as it doesn't usually say on the box.

2) try eye drops. you can get lubricating eye drops that help with dryness or irritation, they can be used to help smooth your adjusting period and eventually you'll stop needing to use them.

3) switch brands/types. which one are you using anyway?

I'd definitely try eye drops for the moment. I had the same problem as you when I started wearing contacts more regularly and the drops helped. eventually my eyes adjusted.

cool, thanks for the tips. lol, yeah, saw you mentioned earlier that your monthlies weren't really monthlies. i don't know what brand i have as i'm on my last pair of the current pack (i get them sent every 3 months). they're just cheap (possibly cheapest) ones from Specsavers UK. maybe i'll take them up on their 'check-up' offer if it's free, but the eye drops sound like a good shout so i'll give them a try first.

Edited by Ron Manager

lol yeah, i'm pretty casual about things too. Worrying pills ay.

It's good in the sense that it allows me to enjoy life a lot more, not worrying about this and that. But because I don't worry about anything I don't end up preparing for the future. I never come up with a plan b because I'm never worried about plan a failing. If it does, that's future me's problem --he'll find a way (ha!). I know I should be a lot more concerned about that. Like, even though I believe I will probably be fucked financially in the future... the seriousness of that realization never really sinks in the way it ought to. Maybe it's due to the unpredictability of the future. If I don't know with near certainty that something bad's going to happen, I am unable to fear it. This is not a good survival trait to have. I know I'd be more successful if I focused more on what's ahead and planned things accordingly. It's just difficult for me to do that seriously... plus I tend to get distracted by whatever interests me in the present. (ie. why am I contemplating this now when I could be on a walk listening to Analord?)

Guest disparaissant

I have to work until 11 tonight, then pick up my gf at 12:30, then wake up at 6 to go back to work.

At least the new Laurel Halo album is fantastic.

- I only have one match left and I want to smoke some hash. I will fail miserably.

- Just had a head on collision with another biker. I was friendly enough though.. Told him to get fucked up with me at James Ruskin tomorrow..

- I want some 2cb

- Saw neighbour girl from 10 years ago. Why was she so obnoxious back then. She's hot as hell now...

/drunk