IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I imagine there are a lot of people at the bottom of the accounting ladder who won't necessarily be hugely successful with it vs. very few young guys who have had the success you've had doing the management thing... so it seems like that's a path that's very much in your favor, and one that will lead to more wealth than most of us will ever kinow. So if making lots of money is your ultimate goal then I'd say stick with it, as it seems to be working. But if you feel reeeeally passionate about accounting and feel that would be a way more fulfilling career path, then it's worth considering. But I think this is really something you need to decide for yourself. You'd be crazy to listen to us!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Being a garbage man in this weather is a bitch (and a lot of fun), thank god the manager had some sense and made us called it a day after working for 5 hours.

Then i had to walk home because my ride broke down.

here are some pictures of my journey

35d9e7t.jpg

jpbr4n.jpg

ke89qg.jpg

Edited by Deer

^^ lol

fwp I'm at a major career crossroad here. My education is in accounting but I'm mid-sr management (background is manufacturing and logistics/3pl/ltl). So I either have to take a huge pay drop to start at the bottom of the accounting ladder. Or do I keep on my management track and try and get into a CFO position 10 years from now or something? =/

=(

watmm pls advise

Why would you even consider accounting? Forget about that past education and look towards the future.

^^ lol

fwp I'm at a major career crossroad here. My education is in accounting but I'm mid-sr management (background is manufacturing and logistics/3pl/ltl). So I either have to take a huge pay drop to start at the bottom of the accounting ladder. Or do I keep on my management track and try and get into a CFO position 10 years from now or something? =/

=(

watmm pls advise

holy shit this is the saddest thing i've read, you are going to become one of those people.

^^ lol

=(

watmm pls advise

Why would you even consider accounting? Forget about that past education and look towards the future.

I really like money and the program is much more challenging than a business degree. Maybe I should switch it back to the BBA...

Edit: I'm not actually done my degree I'm halfway done. Hence the conundrum!

^^ lol

=(

watmm pls advise

holy shit this is the saddest thing i've read, you are going to become one of those people.

lol

what DOES that even mean?

I'm only 24 so I figure there's lots of years left for me to build a good accounting career. But that means I might have to give up my present enjoyment of a decent income.

PS. That storm you were in looks crazy.

Edited by StephenG

Accounts departments can be (even partially) outsourced to india for a fraction of what you will be being paid. Wouldn't it be better to leverage your accounting knowledge to follow on the path that you've already established. At 24!! Cripes. Surely management skills are transferable once you get higher up, so you can shift industries as they just want someone with the track record in managing people, working to budgets, all that bs.

Accounts departments can be (even partially) outsourced to india for a fraction of what you will be being paid. Wouldn't it be better to leverage your accounting knowledge to follow on the path that you've already established. At 24!! Cripes. Surely management skills are transferable once you get higher up, so you can shift industries as they just want someone with the track record in managing people, working to budgets, all that bs.

This is what I'm thinking now. My education will still be beneficial for cost analysis, budgeting, managerial accounting, etc. Probably best if I keep my current path.

I just had a day of anxiety about it there lol. :beer:

cheers mr =)

what i meant was he will become a darwinian businessman.

Maybe that makes you happy stephen, i dont know, i cant imagine living my life in that environment.

Edited by Deer

I'm generally not happy. That's why I was an alcoholic for 6 years (still struggling with that, but beating it!).

That said, I'm working on finding a work/life balance and some real happiness.

It's a work in progress. :happy:

Edited by StephenG

everywhere I go on the internet (reddit, jezebel, watmm, etc.) is filled with political agenda. This new world order bullshit has ruined the whole world, mostly internet. Fucking political wars everyfuckingwhere. Blame everyone who made this happen. I have no part in this bullshit. I'm just a nobody posting random shit on the internet until everyone took my shit for gospels. My fault? I don't think so.

^lol, trudat.

Fwp: I had a lot to drink yesterday. Understatement. I had a very very lot to drink yesterday.

I've just woke up, it's 4am. I feel that kind of merry that you reach when you realise another drink will tip you over into incoherent feel-badness. Except I'm now going through it in reverse order.

My hangover looms in the future and it's a grey, intimidating as fuck, Mordor-like wasteland.

Edited by hello spiral

Worried that I'm not living a healthy enough lifestyle. I'd imagine some of the world's happiest people live in places where they get the most sunshine/vitamin D and are always find ways to get outside and socialize. But I've been cooped up where it's cold and dark - the opposite of equatorial regions, basically.

Used to have more mood swings, depression, etc when I was younger, but these days I think it has more to do with environmental and climate factors. Hell, I probably would rarely have an excuse to be on a computer at all if I were in Hawaii again, or even Jamaica. The reason I spend time on WATMM in the first place is probably to seek refuge from the outside (which can kill you if exposed for too long)

At this point I'm just tired and my mind is wandering. Probably just time to call it a day.