IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Well, a couple of months ago I bent a couple of ribs and I've been sleeping on my side lately which has caused me to get back pains. So now I'm guessing/hoping that a mixture of all those things is what is causing chest pains.

don't die please, Squee

I should have died last night then... right?

She's engaged, and marf is pretty much a stranger to her. Continuing to hang out (with the shadowy hope of a relationship in mind) really smacks of a Ziggomatic thread in the making. Don't do it, marf!

im pretty sure she didn't actually get my number. She was just humoring me. Its a small town so i guess ill just say hi next time i see her. Im more disturb by my total inability to read women. here i thought she liked me

i think you need to be willing to make a fool of yourself in order to get anywhere with women. seriously, who cares anymore. engaged, single, married. i don't know what anyone is into these days. ive been in a 3 some with a married woman. not that i think its right. but some people have different belief systems

Edited by marf

I wanted to be more fucked up than I was last night at a music festival --most of the people I was with were on shrooms but I had to stick to alcohol due to the fact that hallucinogens make me psychotic. I really want to go crazy on psychedelics without going crazy on psychedelics goddammit!!!!

Guest underscore

I wanted to be more fucked up than I was last night at a music festival --most of the people I was with were on shrooms but I had to stick to alcohol due to the fact that hallucinogens make me psychotic. I really want to go crazy on psychedelics without going crazy on psychedelics goddammit!!!!

have you tried psychedelics in an environment you have control over before?

do you really need to be BBQing beyond midnight?

Well no but I can't really get the drivers to leave whenever I want. They may want to stay until later on and watch others getting smashed. Otherwise it's a £30+ taxi just to get home or £50+ to get to the party.

i'm sure you said something about trains running until 12-something

The station is about half a mile from my house so it's still a £30 taxi to the station. I think I've decided to make my apologies and forget the bbq. However, I got hammered last night and don't feel like drinking at all yet so we shall see...

i'm still confused. it takes like 8 minutes to walk half a mile, and how could a half-mile taxi ride cost £30?

I meant I would have to get a taxi to either my house or the train station. Either journey would cost £30.

I missed the bbq in the end. Had some driks at a friends then went to the party. Was quite enjoyable. They got Kenny Ken and Slipmatt which was funny. Two double gin and tonics for £7.50 too which kept me happy, and pissed.

Ended up going for a bit of an afterparty which kept my going until Sunday morning. Lazed about yesterday and back at work today feeling pretty sorry for myself. I need a weekend again.

have you tried psychedelics in an environment you have control over before?

Yes, twice in friends' houses and surrounding areas. My problem is that wherever I am I end up getting trapped in my own head, and anything that occurs around me ends up feeding into whatever bad trip I'm on. Everyone else could be having a great time and I'll still be stuck in my own personal hell.

Have a bad trip by yourself, I think at some point you'll realize it's not a bad trip at all, but that there are just a lot of doors in your mind that you'd rather keep locked when other people are around. Psychedelics -- LSD in particular -- are receptor sluts. They seem to just open whatever pathways in the brain they run up against, like a million fingers in the buttholes of your mind. Feels good man.

I had a point.

Guest apeterlives

The NBC Olympics website wouldn't authenticate my comcast login and let me watch live ping pong... screw you NBC!

I still believe in the spirit of the Olympics. it may be all corporatised, expensive and messy now, but the original reasons behind it are noble. and I'm not interested in hearing disparaging remarks about sports or athleticism in general from smug pseudointellectuals who sit on their asses most the day, like that self-important twat Will Self. I read his comments in the Olympics thread and nope'd out of there immediately.

I went off on a stoned rant the other night; I was trying to convince my friends that in a future post-apocalyptic world, athletes will evolve to become a completely separate race who we will pay to hunt our food.