IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My experience around stoned people listening to music, is that they think everything sounds amazing without exception. I know I can't trust that. Also it makes a lot of musicians play everything slower (and slower and slooower...).

bought washing detergent for a top-loader. have front-loader. genious.

anyone know if top-loader detergent will fuck up a front-loader or something? tempted to use it anyway. why is there even a difference? there ought to just be one standard:

big-loada.jpg

Guest fiznuthian

My experience around stoned people listening to music, is that they think everything sounds amazing without exception. I know I can't trust that. Also it makes a lot of musicians play everything slower (and slower and slooower...).

I dunno.. That just sounds like a general people problem. Weed doesn't really change tastes IMO.. I can see the slower tempo though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ever since watching an ASMR video in the youtube thread they have taken over my youtube home page

Same here. I have a feeling day z will overtake that if I watch one more of them.

bought washing detergent for a top-loader. have front-loader. genious.

anyone know if top-loader detergent will fuck up a front-loader or something? tempted to use it anyway. why is there even a difference? there ought to just be one standard:

big-loada.jpg

Top loader detergent in a front loader machine creates more foam because the front loader uses less water which can be trying from a foamy mess in the laundry perspective, so you need to bare that in mind when using it and so use less. I would recommend in future buying the correct stuff though.

I dunno.. That just sounds like a general people problem. Weed doesn't really change tastes IMO.. I can see the slower tempo though

It seems to change peoples' ability to be critical and hear things in context (ie. they may hear a hi hat opening and closing and get really excited about that one aspect of a track that they wouldn't care about otherwise). i have to deal with this all the time in the recording studio, or jamming with musicians. I'll often be the only sober one present, and believe me it's hard trying to steer the ship when everyone else is distracted by seagulls, or whatever better fits this analogy. The day after I'll show them what we accomplished and they'll be like "jesus, why did we do that weird thing with our voices" and I'll have to explain that I tried to dissuade them but they were convinced it was the best thing ever at the time. So yeah, weed just seems to make a lot of people think everything sounds amazing regardless of how goofy or banal it is.

Guest fiznuthian

It seems to change peoples' ability to be critical and hear things in context (ie. they may hear a hi hat opening and closing and get really excited about that one aspect of a track that they wouldn't care about otherwise). i have to deal with this all the time in the recording studio, or jamming with musicians. I'll often be the only sober one present, and believe me it's hard trying to steer the ship when everyone else is distracted by seagulls, or whatever better fits this analogy. The day after I'll show them what we accomplished and they'll be like "jesus, why did we do that weird thing with our voices" and I'll have to explain that I tried to dissuade them but they were convinced it was the best thing ever at the time. So yeah, weed just seems to make a lot of people think everything sounds amazing regardless of how goofy or banal it is.

Yeah, I guess. Maybe it doesn't apply to everyone though. Most of the stuff i've ever made that I was proud of was in the middle of a deep stone.

I have to give mushrooms credit though.. jamming with people deep into a trip gets crazy. Had some seriously special moments with people while playing music on mushrooms..

It does give people ideas they wouldn't necessarily have otherwise, so the occasional happy accident will come out of it. The challenge is separating the wheat from the chaff as the saying goes. If you get someone who consistently has good ideas, you're bound to get some good results coming out of it. But I think that's a pretty rare thing. Most people have to work at it, and it's hard to work at something while stoned (or so it seems from my outsider perspective). It helps with focusing on repetitive tasks though, so if the goal is to learn a part it's good for rehearsing.... remembering it later is of course another matter, but for muscle memory this is less of an issue.

I never start anything while inebriated, though sometimes I get really good work done on something already in progress.

Guest fiznuthian

very deep depression

Been meaning to message you. Lets talk about some shit tomorrow.

I hope you're still hanging in there

I just saw dave myers from the hairy bikers' arse. One minute they're eating with some sumo wrestlers in japan, seconds later and with no warning, he drops his kit.

fwp if ever there was one.

a mosquito buzzed near my face and made me slap myself painfully in the eye.

Edited by usagi

Fucking woman at UK immigration..I was at the front of the line and needed to get hello spirals address off the internet. She sent me upstairs to get internet now I have an hour wait ahead of me. Fucks sake.

fucking plagiarising pieces of shit i'm so sick of this job. i spend hours writing comments, critiques and praising some parts only to realize that like 20% of the papers i reviewed are ripped from various blogs and articles on the internet. i'll destroy their lives.

Do EEt. Otherwise they won't deserve the bludge job that they end up with because they managed to pass their degree with better marks then those around them by cheating on their papers and getting away with it because the guy marking them was too lazy to check for fraud.

Just imagine if these types got through to the position of marking, they'd be too lazy care whether there was plagiarising the hap, and the department would be in a race to a stupid, lazy and redundant bottom.

ganbatte eugene.

At 4am last night I thought I had locked myself out of a friend's studio (I wanted to take advantage of his Neve preamps). I figured there was some mechanism on the inside I had to activate otherwise it autolocked, and that's why I couldn't get back in. Turns out I'm just a dumbass who doesn't know how to use keys properly. He's annoyed that I didn't phone him, since it left his studio less secure than it would have otherwise been. But I thought he'd be pissed if I did, because it was 4am. No matter how you slice it I'm an idiot, and one who didn't get half as much accomplished as he'd hoped due to said idiocy.

I went to a Sushi Boat restaurant last night: the kind where the trays spin around the bar clockwise and the different coloured trays represent different price points. I was excited to fill up on the $1.50 and $2.00 trays but I was there for an hour and the only ones that came around were the $3.00 and $3.50 trays. I felt conned and ended up spending too much!

Went to trim the beardage and went way further than I wanted to. Should've probably got the right length clipper comb first I guess.

Fuck, I'm naked!!!