IGNORED

google+

kokoon

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

don't worry about it crashing and losing your data; the NSA has a backup.

Actually a group of engineers from Google have created a tool that allows you to easily back-up and export your data all by yourself.

you're an idiot.

I'm sorry, are you flaming me?

I think his point was that the real issue in his sentence was that the government (supposedly) has your data in the first place, and you responded as if he was actually bothered about backing up data, thereby missing the point. I think

Guest Coalbucket PI

It's all a bit weird with these circles. I take it I'm not told when I'm in someone else's circle but it influences what information/posts I see from them?

Guest disparaissant

thats what it seems like. wish you could just share circles with people or something.

Guest futuregirlfriend

You'll have a notification saying they added you, however it won't say what they've filed you under. I added disparaissant to two circles, so I'm guessing you just got that first notification?

It's all a bit weird with these circles. I take it I'm not told when I'm in someone else's circle but it influences what information/posts I see from them?

yes, it's a way to filter out information to people in certain groups.

the WATMMers group i've set up, for example, doesn't show information that i am otherwise comfortable sharing with my family members, for instance.

Guest disparaissant

oh man! perfect! now all i need is tetris and friends and i wont want fb anymore.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I basically do that with facebook already by making friend groups. Not many people I know have figured this out but you can just put people you dont like in a group and then turn them off in the wall and chat.

edit: this does seem cleaner though, I'm just thinking in terms of this having to really trump facebook for people to bother switching

Guest disparaissant

man if they streamline this up a bit, it is TOTALLY a facebook killer.

slightly off topic, anyone tried google music yet?

Guest Coalbucket PI

No it's US only for now, I'm curious if anyone has tried it though

Loving Google Music! I have the app on my phone so I can stream all my musics. Now if only it would hurry up and finish uploading all my tracks....

Guest disparaissant

i have, a bit paranoid since it automagically added my (pirated) music but not all THAT worried, as i got an invite from what.cd, lol.

i can't really report on full functionality as i don't have an awesome phone that can stream music, but i like being able to listen to music on any computer i'm on without setting up media servers. it seems to balls up album art quite a bit and editing song info is a HUGE pain in the ass, but it's definitetly nice. 20k songs! supports flac! though i don't think it streams flac. not sure what it streams as, actually.

i have, a bit paranoid since it automagically added my (pirated) music but not all THAT worried, as i got an invite from what.cd, lol.

i can't really report on full functionality as i don't have an awesome phone that can stream music, but i like being able to listen to music on any computer i'm on without setting up media servers. it seems to balls up album art quite a bit and editing song info is a HUGE pain in the ass, but it's definitetly nice. 20k songs! supports flac! though i don't think it streams flac. not sure what it streams as, actually.

Are you sure it supports flac? It has refused to upload a lot of my flac tunes giving errors. It's also done that to a lot of my mp3's as well... :shrug: It's had "errors" with 470 files (mostly .wavs which most likely aren't supported).

Guest disparaissant

It's skipped some of my flac, but it had no problem with my 24/96 vinyl rip of Joanna Newsom - Ys, oddly. I think I'm about 40/60 flac/mp3 and it hasn't had a problem with most of them.

Archived